The angrier Trump gets, the more likely he will run as Third Party.

Will Trump run as an Third Party Candidate?

• Yes, the RNC has pushed him to it.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No, he will be loyal to the GOP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, because he will win the GOP nomination.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I really don't care....

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
You know, I have to disagree with you, and you know why? D's don't vote in R primaries. Rs do.
You don't like the results of the primaries that led you this or that candidate being your nominee? Well, fine. But blame the Rs who voted for him, cuz D's did'nt.

Incorrect ... There are 17 states that have open primaries where any party can vote for any candidate in the primary.
If a party member feels their own party's choice is secure they can vote for another party's candidate and attempts to skew the results.

John McCain did not win a single primary among Republican Voters until Super Tuesday during the his candidacy.

And if you can prove to me that in those 17 states there was such a massive crossover of Ds that it actually flipped a GOP nomination, I will eat my hat.

Because I am very aware of those 17 states and there has not been one single case of an excruciatingly close GOP primary in one of those 17 where the DEM enrollment suddenly shrank and the GOP enrollment swelled beyond expectations and the contest was therefore decided.

Pennsylvania is one of the best examples of all, for the PA BOE not only posts weekly VR stats, it also posts all shifts in registration, all the way down to the precinct level.

And I watch those stats as well. This is why my name is what it is.

:D

I just did you fucking ditz ... John McCain did win primaries in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and Missouri without the majority of Republican Voters
And in all four cases he won more support from Democrats than he did from Republicans.

New Hampshire: Republicans 34% - Democrats and Others 40%
South Carolina: Republicans 29% - Democrats and Others 35%
Florida: Republicans 33% - Democrats and Others 44%
Missouri: Republicans 29% - Democrats and Others 35%

Of those, John McCain only tied the win among Republican Candidates with Republican voters in Florida ... Where he still got 44% support from Democrats to win the primary.

Last edited:
Why would he run third party. He's about to lead all the other spineless jewels by double digits.

The GOP is faced with a huge dilemma. Give Trump the nomination and lose in the General or turn him away and he runs as third party......and lose in the General.

Choose One Please....:confused-84:...:happy-1:

Maybe the rest of the 16 republican dwarves should run as a third party. Dems have been telling the Rs to run the McCain's, Romney's, Doles......or else.......they're gonna lose. Well, the Rs get smacked every time for listening to the dems.

You know, I have to disagree with you, and you know why? D's don't vote in R primaries. Rs do.
You don't like the results of the primaries that led you this or that candidate being your nominee? Well, fine. But blame the Rs who voted for him, cuz D's did'nt.

Oh no, you're right. It's ultimately the Rs fault. I was just observing how they capitulate so easily.

I think he is angry enough now to run.

Nope. He stays on GOP and wins.
He's too smart to run 3rd party. I'm betting (hoping) his brain is bigger than his ego.

He hasn't shown that to be the case....yet.

Yep, we'll see. If he backs down it won't be from fear or intimidation.
You can't have the levels of success he has had by being dumb. But I'm no expert in politics for sure, I'm just hoping the American People are desperate enough to start taking charge.

Reminds me of the last election cycle where the GObP's Deal Maker (Rove- AKA- Turd Blossom) said he would spend corp dark $$$ heartily to drown out non-status quo voices

What has changed from the last election where he didn't run third party?

He has hinted at running for the last two elections. But now that he is officially in, for the first time, I don't see him walking away.

Last edited:

Nope. He stays on GOP and wins.
He's too smart to run 3rd party. I'm betting (hoping) his brain is bigger than his ego.

Do you want to bet on this? Say a straight $20 bet on whether he wins the nomination?

How many side bets do you have IRL on this?

IRL? 0- I haven't actually met in real life yet anyone who both thinks Trump is going to win and is willing to bet on it. Elsewhere on the internet, I have one similar bet though elsewhere on the internet. In general, I try to make sure that I never have more than 4 or 5 or so bets on any specific thing, because if I'm wrong, that would result in losing more money than my wife would generally be happy with. So, want to take the bet?

He has hinted at running for the last two elections. But now that he is officially in, for the first time, I don't see him walking away.

Gotcha, you don't. Well, it's settled then
we need a real third party. and as a guess, i'd say it was always his plan. maybe he and our own (vermont) bernie might "rough out" the new political paradigm. ross perot, teddy roosevelt.

we need a real third party. and as a guess, i'd say it was always his plan. maybe he and our own (vermont) bernie might "rough out" the new political paradigm.

I'd love it if both Bernie and The Donald both ran third party candidacies, that would be mega cool for Democracy

we need a real third party. and as a guess, i'd say it was always his plan. maybe he and our own (vermont) bernie might "rough out" the new political paradigm.

I'd love it if both Bernie and The Donald both ran third party candidacies, that would be mega cool for Democracy

That would be cool! Very unlikely...but interesting, nonetheless.

That would be cool! Very unlikely...but interesting, nonetheless.

I hope Bernie takes the Ralph Nader line and says there is no difference between Hillary and Jeb so he's running. I voted for Nader. Granted that was the worst candidate election of my life, Obama versus McCain and the Libertarians ran a Conservative as they went attention whoring. But under those circumstances, that was enough to pull me to vote for him.

Trump is an attention whore, it will be a lot easier with him

Forum List

Back