The bank rescue - An Obama miracle.

Tim Geithner's inaugural rescue plan speech was an umitigated disaster. He demonstrated his complete abject amateurishness in that speech.

As for the stress tests, everyone in the industry knows they were a hoax.

Probably the single greatest thing in the early days which saved the banks' bacon was the FASB's decision to allow them to untie their toxic assets from marked to market prices.

And if you think the banks are better capitalized, you are an idiot. The fact is that the Too Big To Fail banks are bigger than ever. Bigger than they have been in the entire history of the Universe, and they are still way overleveraged. ZIRP is causing every money manager on the planet to pursue high yield/high risk investments, at the expense of the elderly and savers.

The common man is being royally fucked to save these criminal enterprises. But the OP article writer won't tell you that.

In the meantime, the Obama Administration and the Federal Reserve have been building a catacylsmic bond bubble that dwarfs the derivatives bubble which brought the world to its knees in 2008.

As we speak, developing nation economies are imploding due to the Fed's latest moves.

And don't EVER forget that not one criminal who destroyed the world economy has spent even one minute in handcuffs, much less a day in jail.

The banks should have been nationalized, deconstructed, and the pieces sold to enterpreneurs with superior business models. Instead, we have preserved the oligarchy which continues on unmolested. The jackass who wrote the OP article is fellating their syphillitic cocks.

Too bad I don't have the time, or I would tell you how I REALLY feel.

I agree with almost all of this.

Only that it really wasn't politically feasible.

And it probably would have caused lots of pain.

Attempts to avoid pain have only resulted in even greater pain.

Not necessarily.

It's a bigot's term. Most every American African American has some white ancestor, as do many whites.

People need to get the f over race. (and orientation)

It's no more a bigots term than "white", "black" or any other accurate term used to describe a person. That is reality, deal with it.

Half black, half white. It's an old term.

Everyone knows what a mulatto is.

It's use was not germane to the conversation and was obviously intended as a backhanded racial insult.

The term "miracle" was not germane to the conversation either but the OP chose to use it, at least my term was accurate, his, not so much.

Actually, "miracle" is germane. It's an opinion of the results of the actions of the Obama administration, which is the subject. Thus, germane.

Last edited:
If dupes have a problem with what Todd-Frank has done to control banks/WallSt, maybe Pubs should allow implementaion.

The Pubs must not have filibustered the stimulus, because Dems only had 60 votes from 7/7/2009-4/2/2010...NOT 2 years of control. Huge Pub lie, like the stimulus didn't work.

Actually, financiers are going to jail under Dems, and huge fines to banks too.

Last edited:
Half black, half white. It's an old term.

It's use was not germane to the conversation and was obviously intended as a backhanded racial insult.

The term "miracle" was not germane to the conversation either but the OP chose to use it, at least my term was accurate, his, not so much.

Miracle was fine:

mir·a·cle
[mir-uh-kuhl] Show IPA
noun
an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of God.
a wonder; marvel.
a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics.
miracle play.

3 and 4 apply.

If dupes have a problem with what Todd-Frank has done to control banks/WallSt, maybe Pubs should allow implementaion.

The Pubs must not have filibustered the stimulus, because Dems only had 60 votes from 7/7/2009-4/2/2010...NOT 2 years of control. Huge Pub lie, like the stimulus didn't work.

The financiers going to jail are not the people who committed the frauds which brought down the house. They are one-off scammers like Bernie Madoff.

I'm talking about the people who built bogus CDOs and other toxic derivatives which destroyed the world. I am talking about the people who rigged LIBOR. I am talking about the people who rigged ISDAfix. I am talking about those who have been manipulating commodites prices. These people are operating inside the Too Big To Fail banks as we speak.

Last edited:

Miracle was fine:

mir·a·cle
[mir-uh-kuhl] Show IPA
noun
an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
a wonder; marvel.
a wonderful or surpassing example of some quality: a miracle of modern acoustics.
miracle play.

3 and 4 apply.

It's a miracle that anyone is stupid enough to believe Obama orchestrated the bailouts when everyone knows he was on the campaign trail. Like he is during every other democrat manufactured crisis...........

as the op pointed out, it was probably more about Tiny Tim the Titan of the Treasury, rather than Obama.

I dunno about "miracle," but I'm a cynical sort. It was amusing how the admin pushed through an amazingly generous and non-punative banking fix, and then how Wall Street turned on him like a rabid dog, when fearing a political backlash over salary bonuses to banking personnel who actually turned profits for there employers, Obama threw the banks under the public opinion bus.

Obama multiplied the unemployed and then took 36 weeks of benefits and extended them to over 99 weeks!

Praise be His Holy Name!

The Jews had a light that burned for 8 days and Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, but what is that compared to the Miracle Work of Barry Obama, Praise Be His Holy Name

You forgot Downgraded!

You are slipping!

On a side note. Heard about this on the radio on the way home and thought of you..

Zappa Plays Zappa > Tour Dates

Thank me later. :eusa_angel:

Roxy 40th anniversary Tour

TY

There's no legitimate use for any of these labels.

Quadroon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No you just create new labels, ones that roll of the tongue just a bit smoother and more general in nature, but just as racist. Hell, African-American doesn't even make any sense, ever heard of an African-Mexican or African-Canadian of an African-England? Only in the US do assholes try to dictate the vocabulary of everyone around them, well I'm to the point where you can just go to hell.

BTW why aren't you ragging on the OP, nothing in it's post even came close to resembling a miracle. At least my terms are accurate.

The financiers going to jail are not the people who committed the frauds which brought down the house. They are one-off scammers like Bernie Madoff.

I'm talking about the people who built bogus CDOs and other toxic derivatives which destroyed the world. I am talking about the people who rigged LIBOR. I am talking about the people who rigged ISDAfix. I am talking about those who have been manipulating commodites prices. These people are operating inside the Too Big To Fail banks as we speak.

Considering the BOOOOSH administration changed rules and put in crony regulators, it's too big a morass and most of what they did was legal....Intelligent people decide not to vote for the lying, thieving GOP- See S and L crisis also...Dems also don't want to scare the banks too much during the recovery- which would have happened by now without mindless GOP obstruction...

It's kinda hard to take racists seriously.

I mean even Buchanan, a die hard racist, doesn't mention race in most of his analysis.

Which is why I can say, "That guy has a point".

This post?

Not so much.

By your using the word "miracle" in your thread title shows how little you are concerned with accurate terms. The fact is your dear leader is a mulatto, facts don't discriminate, their not racist, their just facts. If you have a problem with reality you might want to seek professional help.

Lecturing me on language is pretty funny when you make mistakes like using "their" instead of "they are"..

And the fact you feel the need to point that out, almost each and every time, is in fact racist.

You are not saying Bush is white..all the time.

Or Kerry is white.

Or Clinton is white.

That's your comfort zone. You feel that it's a normal thing.

You're not going around proclaiming those people are performing miracles, are you, so I'd say my terms were totally appropriate.

Considering the BOOOOSH administration changed rules and put in crony regulators, it's too big a morass and most of what they did was legal....Intelligent people decide not to vote for the lying, thieving GOP- See S and L crisis also...Dems also don't want to scare the banks too much during the recovery- which would have happened by now without mindless GOP obstruction...

No, what the crooks did was not legal. It was illegal fraud and price fixing, and they are still doing it.

Actually, "miracle" is germane. It's an opinion of the results of the actions of the Obama administration, which is the subject. Thus, germane.

The opinion was not supported by the evidence provided, no mention of a miracle in the article, so no, it was not germane.

Miracle was fine:

mir·a·cle
[mir-uh-kuhl] Show IPA
noun
a wonder; marvel.
miracle play.

3 and 4 apply.

A "more favorable light" is suddenly a "miracle" under your dear leader, REALLY? What is the old saying about low expectations, guess your dear leader is right there and you're so pleased. ROFLMFAO

Bush signed TARP into law and, if the bank bailout is considered a 'miracle' the credit should be given to Bush.

Obama multiplied the unemployed and then took 36 weeks of benefits and extended them to over 99 weeks!

Praise be His Holy Name!

The Jews had a light that burned for 8 days and Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, but what is that compared to the Miracle Work of Barry Obama, Praise Be His Holy Name

You forgot Downgraded!

You are slipping!

On a side note. Heard about this on the radio on the way home and thought of you..

Zappa Plays Zappa > Tour Dates

Thank me later. :eusa_angel:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grovq0y8FtQ]Dweezil Zappa - Thème de "Inca Roads" - YouTube[/ame]

Septuplets from Hell portion of Inca Roads

Forum List

Back