The Battle of Bunkerville: Restoring the Rule of Law

You seem to be the only one who thinks the federal government wants Bundy dead, yet you can't seem to explain why they would.

The "only one" ???

What a propaganda artist. There are millions who KNOW that the federal government wants him dead.

Why were they there in full military gear BEFORE the Militias arrived?

Let's take a poll.

How many posters here think that the federal government "wants Cliven Bundy dead"?

So the Feds have basically ignored that land forever, but now is enforcing it.

I wonder. If we tried to enforce the border that we have also ignored....and a mass of armed citizens showed up to stop the government's action.....would we demand that the Feds "do their job, enforce the law" or not?

The Federal Government is authorized by Article IV, Section 4, to defend the borders. Armed citizens attempting to stop it would be in a state of Insurrection. The Militia would then be obliged to obey to enforce the Laws of the Union and put down the Insurrection.

..and it's authorized by Article IV, Section 3 to regulate and dispose of federal property as it wishes. Armed citizens attempting to stop it would be in a state of Insurrection....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. These militia members were in fact in a state of insurrection by threatening or implying violence to attempt to stop the Federal Government from regulating federal property.

Sorry guys, I cannot respect or honor citizens who are in a state of insurrection against our nation......over some cows.

It may be true that many people hate the government, but very few of them hate the government to any real extent.

I hope you just heard yourself right now, Doc. Government is extremely unpopular.

Public Trust in Government: 1958-2013 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

You're not understanding me.

Government is always unpopular. The issue is that most people don't really care enough. They passively hate the government, rather than actively.

If I asked them, I think it's likely that they'd say the same thing as I have: that they're not trying to kill him at all.

You seem to be the only one who thinks the federal government wants Bundy dead, yet you can't seem to explain why they would.

He isn't the only one.

I think many in the government, and many on the left would love that cowboy hat wearing cracker to be dead.

I can easily explain it by pointing out that they put 200 armed thugs at this door step. Why else would you put an army there if not for war?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. These militia members were in fact in a state of insurrection by threatening or implying violence to attempt to stop the Federal Government from regulating federal property.

Sorry guys, I cannot respect or honor citizens who are in a state of insurrection against our nation......over some cows.

Can you respect officials that are willing to use deadly force over some cows?

Because that is what happened.

The "only one" ???

What a propaganda artist. There are millions who KNOW that the federal government wants him dead.

Why were they there in full military gear BEFORE the Militias arrived?

Let's take a poll.

How many posters here think that the federal government "wants Cliven Bundy dead"?

I don't.

They've tried for 21 years to just get him to pay his fee that they agreed to that allows him to graze his cows on taxpayer owned land. He had 21 years to comply.

And seeing as those militia groups were in a state of insurrection.....they are insurgents. And the government COULD have called in state and county SWAT teams, and even the Nevada National Guard infantry and armor divisions. But they didn't. They just left.

Since when did we start letting the insurgents win?

If I asked them, I think it's likely that they'd say the same thing as I have: that they're not trying to kill him at all.

He isn't the only one.

I think many in the government, and many on the left would love that cowboy hat wearing cracker to be dead.

I can easily explain it by pointing out that they put 200 armed thugs at this door step. Why else would you put an army there if not for war?

Why would the federal government want him dead? What would they gain from killing him that they couldn't gain any other way?

Use your fucking critical thinking. They sent in armed agents because Bundy was armed, blustering about "making a stand", and calling militia members in from all over the country.

Really?

Who got killed?

Um.....they weren't. That's why they left.

But these INSURGENTS have been so rallied up by the nonsense they see on the news, that in their minds they thought they were about to fight another Civil War or something. And luckily, somewhere up the chain of command, a cooler head prevailed and told the guys to back away from the federal land and leave.

We used to deal with people who were in a state of insurrection against our government a different way. Guess Obama went soft on us haha!

It may be true that many people hate the government, but very few of them hate the government to any real extent.

I hope you just heard yourself right now, Doc. Government is extremely unpopular.

Public Trust in Government: 1958-2013 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Government is always unpopular. The issue is that most people don't really care enough. They passively hate the government, rather than actively.

People don't care? Have you seen 2AD's posts tonight?

I don't.

They've tried for 21 years to just get him to pay his fee that they agreed to that allows him to graze his cows on taxpayer owned land. He had 21 years to comply.

And seeing as those militia groups were in a state of insurrection.....they are insurgents. And the government COULD have called in state and county SWAT teams, and even the Nevada National Guard infantry and armor divisions. But they didn't. They just left.

Since when did we start letting the insurgents win?

We don't let anything happen.

Insurgents have beaten this country fair and square every time we have faced them for the last 50 years.

Really?

Who got killed?

About a third of the herd was unaccounted for the last time I checked.

People don't care? Have you seen 2AD's posts tonight?

You're making a really, really big mistake if you think that 2nd is an accurate representative of anyone other than himself.

But these INSURGENTS have been so rallied up by the nonsense they see on the news, that in their minds they thought they were about to fight another Civil War or something. And luckily, somewhere up the chain of command, a cooler head prevailed and told the guys to back away from the federal land and leave.

We used to deal with people who were in a state of insurrection against our government a different way. Guess Obama went soft on us haha!

You say one thing, but the body armor, m4s, pepper spray, attack dogs, tasers, and snipers say something completely different.

Don't forget the SPEC OPS ALPHA WOLF SQUADRON oakleys these guys were wearing. Straight outta Afghanistan.

The more I read about this, the more I do NOT side with Bundy. He was knowingly breaking the law, AND the agreement he has had with the Feds for decades that allowed him to let his cows use federal land.....for about $1.50 per cow! And 21 years ago......yes, 21 years....he became non-compliant.

And I guess the Feds have been plotting against him....through the Clinton admin, Bush admin, Obama admin........and the Feds "rushed" after 21 years to enforce the rules on the federal land.

And this nut starts calling all whackjobs to have a Tea Party militia rally on his land and nearly sparked another Waco??? ALL because he is pissed that the Feds wont allow him to use federal land for free, AND they want him to pay back-rent for the 21 years they've let him use it?

He is basically a welfare farmer. Using government land for his cows, without paying for it.

And the right wing nuts are backing him?

The government looks better and better the more I read about this situation. And even BETTER for having the sense to leave and not let these whackos spark violence.

And seeing as those militia groups were in a state of insurrection.....they are insurgents. And the government COULD have called in state and county SWAT teams

No. The Constitution clearly delineates that only the MILITIA can be used to suppress Insurrection against the Federal Government --- word for word. Since this is a Power of Congress, Congress would first have to acknowledge that there even was an Insurrection. Have fun with the partisan gridlock and theatrics that would have occurred over this.

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Find us which part of the Constitution says otherwise.

Seriously, it would be beyond amusing to watch Democrips in Congress trying to persuade the American People to take up arms against other Americans in the name of "turtles."

Oh God, I wish I could see that.

Last edited:

You say one thing, but the body armor, m4s, pepper spray, attack dogs, tasers, and snipers say something completely different.

Don't forget the SPEC OPS ALPHA WOLF SQUADRON oakleys these guys were wearing. Straight outta Afghanistan.

So they wore some expensive sunglasses? That's your gripe?

But speaking of Afghanistan......the guys in Nevada were surrounded and outnumbered by men with no uniform, carrying guns, trying to insurrect the will of the US government. Sound familiar?

If you wonder why law enforcement has guns, armor, etc, etc......take a look at the psychos running around in this country, and threatening their own violence. Yeah, those guys don't want to get shot and killed any more than some poor kid in Iraq does. Hence the guns and armor.

But HEY, maybe we can just dress all our cops up in pink uniforms, and give them a whistle and BB gun.

Forum List

Back