The Bible and Gay Relationships

The argument that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality is lame. Homosexuality is a sexual preference that is contrary to Gods plan. Jesus spoke of sexual imorality which homosexuality is.

How are you so certain that your personal interpretation of your God's plan is the right one?

Jesus never explicitly spoke out against homosexuality, so are you telling me you have the authority to speak for him based on what you assume he probably believed?
Did read my post? I said " Jesus spoke about sexual immorality which homosexuality is". Just because Jesus didn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is right. If God wanted it that way he would not have created woman.

Sexual immorality covers affairs and premarital sex as well and some churches even claim masturbation falls under that category of sin.

Ariux - Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a moron who appears to be living with a giant silo around your head, which only allows you to see in a single direction - your direction, coincidentally.

You, on your high horse accuse other people of being ignorant, but have you stopped to realize that "What good are homos?" is the most massively ignorant statement so far in this entire thread? Do you realize why that's a moronic thing to say? I really hope you do.

You're embarrassing yourself and perpetuating the stereotype that religious people are closed minded bigots. Please stop, for your own good.

Ah, so you couldn't think of anything homos are good for. :D

The argument that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality is lame. Homosexuality is a sexual preference that is contrary to Gods plan. Jesus spoke of sexual imorality which homosexuality is.

How are you so certain that your personal interpretation of your God's plan is the right one?

Jesus never explicitly spoke out against homosexuality, so are you telling me you have the authority to speak for him based on what you assume he probably believed?
Did read my post? I said " Jesus spoke about sexual immorality which homosexuality is". Just because Jesus didn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is right. If God wanted it that way he would not have created woman.

Speaking for God, I gather? THE US IS NOT FOUNDED ON ANY RELIGIOUS FAITH, rather the LIBERty to decide what, if any, one's faith may be.

Sexual immorality covers affairs and premarital sex as well and some churches even claim masturbation falls under that category of sin.
And those moral conservatives applauded Vitter on the senate floor after his embarrassment with hookers.

And those moral conservatives applauded Vitter on the senate floor after his embarrassment with hookers.

A PRIVATE matter of course...............................

Ariux - Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a moron who appears to be living with a giant silo around your head, which only allows you to see in a single direction - your direction, coincidentally.

You, on your high horse accuse other people of being ignorant, but have you stopped to realize that "What good are homos?" is the most massively ignorant statement so far in this entire thread? Do you realize why that's a moronic thing to say? I really hope you do.

You're embarrassing yourself and perpetuating the stereotype that religious people are closed minded bigots. Please stop, for your own good.

Holy crap Ariux, you're a bigger maniac than I ever could have possibly imagined. Your idiocy is mind boggling.

Being gay means you're attracted to someone of the same sex, it has nothing to do with your contribution to the world.

Some of the most productive co-workers I know happen to be gay. Many of my favorite artists, musicians happen to be gay.

What point are you trying to make?

Last edited:

Holy crap Ariux, you're a bigger maniac than I ever could have possibly imagined. Your idiocy is mind boggling.

Being gay means you're attracted to someone of the same sex, it has nothing to do with your contribution to the world.

Some of the most productive co-workers I know happen to be gay. Many of my favorite artists, musicians happen to be gay.

What point are you trying to make?

One poster indicated gay Americans are more likely to molest children; not correct. Also, gay humans do "no good". I admire Jane Addams and James Baldwin, Allen Ginsberg, Langston Hughes, among MANY, MANY other who were gay Americans.

Did Jesus define sexual immorality as homosexuality? But either way, we can agree to disagree....

Moving on...

Like others have mentioned, I think it's clear that in the Bible, sexual immorality - when it comes to man/woman - pretty much includes any sex act except for (1) two married people, (2) missionary style, (3) no contraceptives.

My question: Is it hypocritical to bash gays for being impure, yet at the same time use contraceptives & have non-missionary sex? I bet 98%+ of Christians in America use some form of contraception, be it condoms or withdrawal. Just a made up figure, but I'd bet all my money that it's the overwhelming majority of Christians.

I could at least respect someone who follows all of the Biblical Laws, and speaks out on homosexuality as being "sexually immoral" - that's their view and they're being true to it.

But I have no respect for the person who uses the bible to condemn others as being immoral, yet makes no attempt in his/her own life to follow the rules that apply to him/her. If you're going to speak out against impurity, you better be following all the rules yourself.

Last edited:
did read my post? I said " jesus spoke about sexual immorality which homosexuality is". Just because jesus didn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is right. If god wanted it that way he would not have created woman.

did jesus define sexual immorality as homosexuality? But either way, we can agree to disagree....

Moving on...

Like others have mentioned, i think it's clear that in the bible, sexual immorality - when it comes to man/woman - pretty much includes any sex act except for (1) two married people, (2) missionary style, (3) no contraceptives.

My question: Is it hypocritical to bash gays for being impure, yet at the same time use contraceptives & have non-missionary sex? I bet 98%+ of christians in america use some form of contraception, be it condoms or withdrawal. Just a made up figure, but i'd bet all my money that it's the overwhelming majority of christians.

I could at least respect someone who follows all of the biblical laws, and speaks out on homosexuality as being "sexually immoral" - that's their view and they're being true to it.

But i have no respect for the person who uses the bible to condemn others as being immoral, yet makes no attempt in his/her own life to follow the rules that apply to him/her. If you're going to speak out against impurity, you better be following all the rules yourself.

agreed.

You are correct, for once.

So why do not many treat cheating, masturbation and such with the same fervor as they do homosexuality?
Why are not pregnant unwed mothers scorned and hidden away like they used to be?

Last edited:

Did Jesus define sexual immorality as homosexuality? But either way, we can agree to disagree....

Moving on...

Like others have mentioned, I think it's clear that in the Bible, sexual immorality - when it comes to man/woman - pretty much includes any sex act except for (1) two married people, (2) missionary style, (3) no contraceptives.

My question: Is it hypocritical to bash gays for being impure, yet at the same time use contraceptives & have non-missionary sex? I bet 98%+ of Christians in America use some form of contraception, be it condoms or withdrawal. Just a made up figure, but I'd bet all my money that it's the overwhelming majority of Christians.

I could at least respect someone who follows all of the Biblical Laws, and speaks out on homosexuality as being "sexually immoral" - that's their view and they're being true to it.

But I have no respect for the person who uses the bible to condemn others as being immoral, yet makes no attempt in his/her own life to follow the rules that apply to him/her. If you're going to speak out against impurity, you better be following all the rules yourself.
No one can follow all the rules 100%, that is why Jesus came into the world and died on the cross. Most people expect Christians to be more than they are. A Christian is a follower of Christ. If mankind could follow all the laws and be worthy on his own to enter heaven, we would not need Jesus. I bet that you criticize people for certain things yet have your own skeletons in your closet? See, every one is a hypocrit.

So why do not many treat cheating, masturbation and such with the same fervor as they do homosexuality?
Why are not pregnant unwed mothers scorned and hidden away like they used to be?
Because most cheaters and masturbators do not try to force their beliefs on every one, they leave it in the bedroom where it belongs. I personally do not care, God will judge them. I do care that they want to force their beliefs on every one else, especially in schools, that is crossing the line.

No one can follow all the rules 100%, that is why Jesus came into the world and died on the cross. Most people expect Christians to be more than they are. A Christian is a follower of Christ. If mankind could follow all the laws and be worthy on his own to enter heaven, we would not need Jesus. I bet that you criticize people for certain things yet have your own skeletons in your closet? See, every one is a hypocrit.

AmericanFirst, you can spare us from the “no one’s perfect” speech; it doesn’t apply here.

The reason being is that there’s a big difference between (a) someone trying to honestly follow the rules and breaking them here or there (because they’re human), and (b) someone who disregards the rules and makes no good effort to follow them.

Do you see the difference?

I’m willing to bet that a large majority of the sexually active Christians in the USA - specifically those who rail against gays for being sinners - regularly use some method of contraception (whether it be the pill, condoms, or withdrawal) and think little to nothing of it.

So, unless you are making a legitimate, conscious effort to have a baby each and every time you have sex, you too are blatantly disregarding the word of God and therefore have no room to speak or lecture other people on how they should be following the laws of the Bible too.

Any Christian who uses contraception without guilt, any Christian who masturbates regularly, any Christian who's been remarried (and first spouse has not passed away).... the list goes on and on..... should keep their mouths shut when it comes to lecturing the gay community on ANYTHING related to sin, or what they believe God thinks of them, ect.

Agree?

Last edited:
Because most cheaters and masturbators do not try to force their beliefs on every one, they leave it in the bedroom where it belongs. I personally do not care, God will judge them. I do care that they want to force their beliefs on every one else, especially in schools, that is crossing the line.

Sex ed classes talk about sex outside marriage and masturbation. So if your idiotic view is whatever is taught in classes is a way of forcing lifestyles on people, even that fails.

You're a hateful bigot looking for any reason to remain hateful. Thankfully christianity and christians have left your type in the dust and soon enough your kind will be nothing but a small black spot in U.S. history.

so pregnant unwed mothers should not go to school?

Sex ed classes talk about sex outside marriage and masturbation. So if your idiotic view is whatever is taught in classes is a way of forcing lifestyles on people, even that fails.

You're a hateful bigot looking for any reason to remain hateful. Thankfully christianity and christians have left your type in the dust and soon enough your kind will be nothing but a small black spot in U.S. history.

Since this nation isn't founded on religious beliefs, why bring up the KING JAMES VERSION of the Bible?

Since this nation isn't founded on religious beliefs, why bring up the KING JAMES VERSION of the Bible?

It is the version that most Americans are familiar with?

Moving on...

Well doesn't that mean though that one should worry about their own morality and leave what they perceive as immorality to the Lord's judgement and their individual conscience?

Forum List

Back