🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Bible Condemns Witchcraft

Isn't jere the one that stresses over board stuff and must pray for guidance?

If you recall the thread, Testimony of an Ex-Satanist he made it clear that Christians who live like the world are open season for Satanic attack. if you listen to rock music, read novels, watch soap operas, if you dress like the world, look like the world, think like the world, sin like the world, do what the world does you are open season. You must be have clean hands and a pure heart. By that I mean, you cannot be involved with anything sinful. You need to keep yourself out of sin. Read your bible, pray to the LORD, worship the LORD, walk in love towards others, repent quickly if you do commit a sin, purpose in your heart to live for the LORD only.

If you recall the thread, Testimony of an Ex-Satanist he made it clear that Christians who live like the world are open season for Satanic attack. if you listen to rock music, read novels, watch soap operas, if you dress like the world, look like the world, think like the world, sin like the world, do what the world does you are open season. You must be have clean hands and a pure heart. By that I mean, you cannot be involved with anything sinful. You need to keep yourself out of sin. Read your bible, pray to the LORD, worship the LORD, walk in love towards others, repent quickly if you do commit a sin, purpose in your heart to live for the LORD only.

Ack. I guess reading books is a no no too. Gosh. Put that bible down, Jere.

The term witchcraft is one of the most frequently misunderstood, misinterpreted words in the entirety of The Bible.

Translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, witchcraft as found in Galatians 5:20 means sorcery via potions.

That's incidentally why so many women were killed by The Church in the Dark Ages, because the little old lady in the woods was thought to have been a witch by virtue of the home brews she made which healed people.

Accordingly with the Greek translation of the word for witchcraft, the equivalent of a witch or warlock today would be a drug dealer or pharmacist.

I guess that means Walter White's in trouble, eh? :badgrin:

Pharmakeia The Abuse of Drugs

"Witchcraft" is one thing; "herbalism" another...

witch (n.)
Old English wicce "female magician, sorceress," in later use especially "a woman supposed to have dealings with the devil or evil spirits and to be able by their cooperation to perform supernatural acts," fem. of Old English wicca "sorcerer, wizard, man who practices witchcraft or magic," from verb wiccian "to practice witchcraft" (compare Low German wikken, wicken "to use witchcraft," wikker, wicker "soothsayer").

OED says of uncertain origin; Liberman says "None of the proposed etymologies of witch is free from phonetic or semantic difficulties." Klein suggests connection with Old English wigle "divination," and wig, wih "idol." Watkins says the nouns represent a Proto-Germanic *wikkjaz "necromancer" (one who wakes the dead), from PIE *weg-yo-, from *weg- (2) "to be strong, be lively" (see wake (v.)).

That wicce once had a more specific sense than the later general one of "female magician, sorceress" perhaps is suggested by the presence of other words in Old English describing more specific kinds of magical craft. In the Laws of Ælfred (c.890), witchcraft was specifically singled out as a woman's craft, whose practitioners were not to be suffered to live among the West Saxons:

Ða fæmnan þe gewuniað onfon gealdorcræftigan & scinlæcan & wiccan, ne læt þu ða libban."

The other two words combined with it here are gealdricge, a woman who practices "incantations," and scinlæce "female wizard, woman magician," from a root meaning "phantom, evil spirit." Another word that appears in the Anglo-Saxon laws is lyblæca "wizard, sorcerer," but with suggestions of skill in the use of drugs, because the root of the word is lybb "drug, poison, charm." Lybbestre was a fem. word meaning "sorceress," and lybcorn was the name of a certain medicinal seed (perhaps wild saffron). Weekley notes possible connection to Gothic weihs "holy" and German weihan "consecrate," and writes, "the priests of a suppressed religion naturally become magicians to its successors or opponents." In Anglo-Saxon glossaries, wicca renders Latin augur (c.1100), and wicce stands for "pythoness, divinatricem." In the "Three Kings of Cologne" (c.1400) wicca translates Magi:

Þe paynyms ... cleped þe iij kyngis Magos, þat is to seye wicchis.

The glossary translates Latin necromantia ("demonum invocatio") with galdre, wiccecræft.

The Anglo-Saxon poem called "Men's Crafts" has wiccræft, which appears to be the same word, and by its context means "skill with horses." In a c.1250 translation of "Exodus," witches is used of the Egyptian midwives who save the newborn sons of the Hebrews: "Ðe wicches hidden hem for-ðan, Biforen pharaun nolden he ben." Witch in reference to a man survived in dialect into 20c., but the fem. form was so dominant by 1601 that men-witches or he-witch began to be used. Extended sense of "old, ugly, and crabbed or malignant woman" is from early 15c; that of "young woman or girl of bewitching aspect or manners" is first recorded 1740. Witch doctor is from 1718; applied to African magicians from 1836.

At this day it is indifferent to say in the English tongue, 'she is a witch,' or 'she is a wise woman.' [Reginald Scot, "The Discoverie of Witchcraft," 1584]

At its base then, "witch" means "one who knows, one with wisdom" (specifically of herbs and energies of Nature). Again an innocuous term degraded by authorities jealous of the power of those to whom it applied. Just as "pagan" means "country dweller".

Pretty cool that this forum will print Olde Englisshe. We should make that the lingua franca. :cool:

Isn't jere the one that stresses over board stuff and must pray for guidance?

I am anxious for nothing, Gracie. Being anxious is a sign that something is not right and the answer to that is praying more, being in the presence of God more and making sure one is not compromising with sin. I am at peace with the LORD and very grateful to God for my salvation.
There's only one way to tell if someone is a witch. Gotta light them on fire. If they burn they can be buried as good, faithful Christians. If they don;t they're a witch and they're head must roll!

Let the trials begin!!!

Your avatar is depicted as a demon in John Bunyans video in his vision of hell, Old School. I recognized it when I saw it. I will get the video for you and just fast forward to the half way mark and view from there. You will see it.

The term witchcraft is one of the most frequently misunderstood, misinterpreted words in the entirety of The Bible.

Translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, witchcraft as found in Galatians 5:20 means sorcery via potions.

That's incidentally why so many women were killed by The Church in the Dark Ages, because the little old lady in the woods was thought to have been a witch by virtue of the home brews she made which healed people.

Accordingly with the Greek translation of the word for witchcraft, the equivalent of a witch or warlock today would be a drug dealer or pharmacist.

witch (n.)
Old English wicce "female magician, sorceress," in later use especially "a woman supposed to have dealings with the devil or evil spirits and to be able by their cooperation to perform supernatural acts," fem. of Old English wicca "sorcerer, wizard, man who practices witchcraft or magic," from verb wiccian "to practice witchcraft" (compare Low German wikken, wicken "to use witchcraft," wikker, wicker "soothsayer").

OED says of uncertain origin; Liberman says "None of the proposed etymologies of witch is free from phonetic or semantic difficulties." Klein suggests connection with Old English wigle "divination," and wig, wih "idol." Watkins says the nouns represent a Proto-Germanic *wikkjaz "necromancer" (one who wakes the dead), from PIE *weg-yo-, from *weg- (2) "to be strong, be lively" (see wake (v.)).

That wicce once had a more specific sense than the later general one of "female magician, sorceress" perhaps is suggested by the presence of other words in Old English describing more specific kinds of magical craft. In the Laws of Ælfred (c.890), witchcraft was specifically singled out as a woman's craft, whose practitioners were not to be suffered to live among the West Saxons:

Ða fæmnan þe gewuniað onfon gealdorcræftigan & scinlæcan & wiccan, ne læt þu ða libban."

The other two words combined with it here are gealdricge, a woman who practices "incantations," and scinlæce "female wizard, woman magician," from a root meaning "phantom, evil spirit." Another word that appears in the Anglo-Saxon laws is lyblæca "wizard, sorcerer," but with suggestions of skill in the use of drugs, because the root of the word is lybb "drug, poison, charm." Lybbestre was a fem. word meaning "sorceress," and lybcorn was the name of a certain medicinal seed (perhaps wild saffron). Weekley notes possible connection to Gothic weihs "holy" and German weihan "consecrate," and writes, "the priests of a suppressed religion naturally become magicians to its successors or opponents." In Anglo-Saxon glossaries, wicca renders Latin augur (c.1100), and wicce stands for "pythoness, divinatricem." In the "Three Kings of Cologne" (c.1400) wicca translates Magi:

The glossary translates Latin necromantia ("demonum invocatio") with galdre, wiccecræft.

The Anglo-Saxon poem called "Men's Crafts" has wiccræft, which appears to be the same word, and by its context means "skill with horses." In a c.1250 translation of "Exodus," witches is used of the Egyptian midwives who save the newborn sons of the Hebrews: "Ðe wicches hidden hem for-ðan, Biforen pharaun nolden he ben." Witch in reference to a man survived in dialect into 20c., but the fem. form was so dominant by 1601 that men-witches or he-witch began to be used. Extended sense of "old, ugly, and crabbed or malignant woman" is from early 15c; that of "young woman or girl of bewitching aspect or manners" is first recorded 1740. Witch doctor is from 1718; applied to African magicians from 1836.

At this day it is indifferent to say in the English tongue, 'she is a witch,' or 'she is a wise woman.' [Reginald Scot, "The Discoverie of Witchcraft," 1584]

At its base then, "witch" means "one who knows, one with wisdom" (specifically of herbs and energies of Nature). Again an innocuous term degraded by authorities jealous of the power of those to whom it applied. Just as "pagan" means "country dweller".

Pretty cool that this forum will print Olde Englisshe. We should make that the lingua franca. :cool:

Well lookee here: our resident Shakespeare Pogo's been Googling again.

At least you're not claiming that you wrote ^ that ^ text, you petulantly whiny, narcissistically garrulous, straight-up, stone-cold insipid, plagiarizing hack. :badgrin:

Well, that is mighty fine for ya, Jere. But you also are sitting in judgement over what some guys wrote, claiming to be speaking for God. See how that goes? Point 1 finger, 5 more are pointing back sorta thing.

Here Jere! Is not reading the mini novellas in a message board not counted or something? If not, why not?

Wrong, Pogo. Shart is right.
Emoticon summing up this thread:

:banghead:

If you think you are going to stop me? You're right. That sums it up, Pogo. You are waiting your time. This is the LORD's work. He desires for people to be warned that those who are involved in the occult with go to hell. It is a very serious warning. So don't do it. Because the people who are in hell? If they had another chance? Would have nothing to do with it whatsoever. They know hell is real, they know demons are real, they know Satan deceived them. Hell is truth seen too late. ( true story )

witch (n.)

At least you're not claiming that you wrote ^ that ^ text, you whiny, garrulous, insipid hack. :badgrin:

Nor have I ever claimed to have written something I didn't, fluff girl.

But at least I know the difference between "witch", "pharmacy", "triplet" and the "Iron Maiden gallop". :lmao:

Here is the video for Old School and he will see his avatar depicted as a demon in hell if he scrolls to half way point of the video and watches from there. I do not know the exact place but I am almost certain it is from the half way point to the end - some place in there...

Like I said, Jere. You are focusing on evil, wicked, insane people. So I agree with you in some fashion. But to lump like you have been? That I don't agree with. Too many holes in what you are trying to "teach".

Wrong, Pogo. Shart is right.
Emoticon summing up this thread:

:banghead:

If you think you are going to stop me? You're right. That sums it up, Pogo. You are waiting your time. This is the LORD's work. He desires for people to be warned that those who are involved in the occult with go to hell. It is a very serious warning. So don't do it. Because the people who are in hell? If they had another chance? Would have nothing to do with it whatsoever. They know hell is real, they know demons are real, they know Satan deceived them. Hell is truth seen too late. ( true story )

Sure Jere, sure. :smiliehug:

I love ya but I have to tell you something it's time you found out:

There's no such thing as "Satan". Your religion made him up as a strawman. He no more exists than the "Iron Maiden gallop".

Actually the allusion to Iron Maiden is singularly ironic in this thread because of what the band is named after.

I doubt Shartface has a clue what it means. Do you, Jere? If so why don't you tell us.

witch (n.)

At least you're not claiming that you wrote ^ that ^ text, you whiny, garrulous, insipid hack. :badgrin:

Nor have I ever claimed to have written something I didn't, fluff girl.

But at least I know the difference between "witch", "pharmacy", "triplet" and the "Iron Maiden gallop". :lmao:

Bullcrap.

You have never written so much as one original thing in your entire life.

True to form, you waited to get in on that Maiden thread five months after it began, and every clip you've posted on it has already been done.

You don't know anything about music. You can't play any of it yourself. All you can do is copy others' works, and then whine like a bitch when they call you out on it.

There's only one way to tell if someone is a witch. Gotta light them on fire. If they burn they can be buried as good, faithful Christians. If they don;t they're a witch and they're head must roll!

Let the trials begin!!!

So........ if she...... weighs the same as a duck...... :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back