The big advantage to dreadful inflation and cost of living

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
Well, over 20 odd years, I'm slowly retiring. Doing so by dropping down to small jobs, jobs that just take the day. Then those will phase out over the next 5 to 10 years. It's because I had a pension mature, and when I do fully pack in, I'll get the state pension plus another private pension when I turn 67.

So the good news, I looked after all of my tools and equipment, they're all in excellent condition. And because of the daft prices these days, I should get back what I paid.

For example, I have 11 acro props each costing £38. I just checked online where I bought them and they are now £58 each!! But I'll probably keep 4 and sell the rest.

I paid £4k for my trailer and it's in mint condition. The accessories I fitted are light guards, mesh sides, tool box, battery maintainer, and tarpaulin. Just for the trailer alone, they are now £6k excluding vat (sales tax at 20%)!!

So thank you useless economies of the world !!

Anyone else benefited from their crap economy too?

Arco prop....Had to look it up....They are called Lally Jacks here. They are about the same price in US dollars.

Well, over 20 odd years, I'm slowly retiring. Doing so by dropping down to small jobs, jobs that just take the day. Then those will phase out over the next 5 to 10 years. It's because I had a pension mature, and when I do fully pack in, I'll get the state pension plus another private pension when I turn 67.

So the good news, I looked after all of my tools and equipment, they're all in excellent condition. And because of the daft prices these days, I should get back what I paid.

For example, I have 11 acro props each costing £38. I just checked online where I bought them and they are now £58 each!! But I'll probably keep 4 and sell the rest.

I paid £4k for my trailer and it's in mint condition. The accessories I fitted are light guards, mesh sides, tool box, battery maintainer, and tarpaulin. Just for the trailer alone, they are now £6k excluding vat (sales tax at 20%)!!

So thank you useless economies of the world !!

Anyone else benefited from their crap economy too?

Wow, if you sell all that stuff you could make a lot of weird-looking Ls!

Forum List

Back