The Cappucino Corral

Dear Cappuccinistis,

happy TGIF!

Five months after our dog died, my daughter and I decided to add two new members to the Castle Statalicious family:

View attachment 38651

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with Läila (Layla), the parakeet in blue, and Carlos, the parakeet in green. Princess Statalina named them.

My daughter is just crazy about both of them and has played with them all evening. Tomorrow we will let them out of the cage and let them fly some in her bedroom, with the windows closed, of course.

They are both sweet birds and have already taken to riding on my finger and letting both of us lightly pet them.

Not the same as a dog, but nice, nonetheless.

How neat......I'm sure little Stat will have many hours of fun playing with the parakeets. They are easy to care for pets....as long as you don't have cats.

Nope, no four-legged felines in the house!

I say that because we used to have parakeets. We cut their wings so they wouldn't fly away, in case they ever got out, but one time one of the kids opened the cage and one of them immediately flew out and landed on the floor. I remembered immediately that we had a cat and was reaching down to grab the bird, but the damn cat, out of nowhere pounced upon it and quickly snapped him up....kids were crying....sad...ending....

tumblr_njc4m2MNuu1sc2r4eo1_1280.jpg

When the sun's coming up, I got eggs Diced Red Potatoes, Green Peppers, Bacon and Cheese on the griddle.
And life ain't nothing but a funny, funny riddle, thank God I'm a country boy.

breakfast-in-america-supertramp-cd-cover-art.jpg

Now that's a breakfast..........:)

Yesterday was beautiful day for riding. Went on a bike ride with our Harley Group to LBJ park in Johnson City. Had a picnic and toured the grounds...very interesting, would like to go back and do the tour of the Texas White House....but the ride was wonderful. It was cool enough to make the ride very comfortable.

Our group's bikes:
20150328_133358_zpstesj3cll.jpg

This was called "Air Force One and one/half"
20150328_133908_zps3qumeah2.jpg

Picture of our bike (Mr Mertex getting gas):

20150328_104051_zpszoi8zucc.jpg

Yesterday was beautiful day for riding. Went on a bike ride with our Harley Group to LBJ park in Johnson City. Had a picnic and toured the grounds...very interesting, would like to go back and do the tour of the Texas White House....but the ride was wonderful. It was cool enough to make the ride very comfortable.

Our group's bikes:

Dang Mertex. I think you rode by me while I was on my bicycle.....

Our group's bikes:

Dang Mertex. I think you rode by me while I was on my bicycle.....

We did pass several bike riders.......there was some bike rally going on there.

A beautiful day here, although mine will be somewhat marred by a visit to my dental hygienist this afternoon. It could always be worse, though, so I'm not complaining. Much.

Dear Cappuccinistis,

happy TGIF!

Five months after our dog died, my daughter and I decided to add two new members to the Castle Statalicious family:

View attachment 38651

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with Läila (Layla), the parakeet in blue, and Carlos, the parakeet in green. Princess Statalina named them.

My daughter is just crazy about both of them and has played with them all evening. Tomorrow we will let them out of the cage and let them fly some in her bedroom, with the windows closed, of course.

They are both sweet birds and have already taken to riding on my finger and letting both of us lightly pet them.

Not the same as a dog, but nice, nonetheless.

How neat......I'm sure little Stat will have many hours of fun playing with the parakeets. They are easy to care for pets....as long as you don't have cats.

Nope, no four-legged felines in the house!

You sure, I mean I'm already on your internet....

Forum List

Back