The Cappucino Corral

Dear Cappuccinistis,

happy TGIF!

Five months after our dog died, my daughter and I decided to add two new members to the Castle Statalicious family:

View attachment 38651

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with Läila (Layla), the parakeet in blue, and Carlos, the parakeet in green. Princess Statalina named them.

My daughter is just crazy about both of them and has played with them all evening. Tomorrow we will let them out of the cage and let them fly some in her bedroom, with the windows closed, of course.

They are both sweet birds and have already taken to riding on my finger and letting both of us lightly pet them.

Not the same as a dog, but nice, nonetheless.

How neat......I'm sure little Stat will have many hours of fun playing with the parakeets. They are easy to care for pets....as long as you don't have cats.

Nope, no four-legged felines in the house!

You sure, I mean I'm already on your internet....

:rofl:

Happy Hump Day, Cappuccinisti!

We've had really big storms here the last two days.

I feel like that one guy out of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Everytime I step out the door, I get drenched....

You can blame the UK for that.

The winds have knocked my satellite system out of alignment.

Still windy. Stayed in and had a boiled egg and knackebrot for breakfast.

MornEggCaviar-200.jpg

That looks like salmon, one of those would be about the amount of salmon I'd like. The filling looks great. Tell us about it.

That looks like salmon, one of those would be about the amount of salmon I'd like. The filling looks great. Tell us about it.

10 ounces of the best quality smoked salmon in medium-thin slices (Norwegian or Wild Alaskan)
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup finely chopped chives or green onions
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 thin, long French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices

tumblr_nkjpr9yyLE1sc2r4eo1_1280.jpg

Happy Hump Day, Cappuccinisti!

We've had really big storms here the last two days.

I feel like that one guy out of "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Everytime I step out the door, I get drenched....

The rain in Miami
falls mostly on my fanny?

That word in British English has a differerent meaning. Don't tell XO. He'll get all hot and sweaty.

10 ounces of the best quality smoked salmon in medium-thin slices (Norwegian or Wild Alaskan)
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup finely chopped chives or green onions
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 thin, long French baguette, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Thanks. I thought for sure there was some cream cheese in there.

Forum List

Back