The Cappucino Corral

drifter Debra K

Finally they get Audrey on the block. I was beginning to think that Shelli wouldn't do it....but I'm glad she did. I've never seen anyone lie as much as Audrey. It was pretty frustrating for Clay to have her deny that she said what she did....people that do that annoy the hell out of me, too. I like Johnny Mac, Jason and Liz (Julia) Street Boys .....they are so lame but funny.
Mertex Debra K
I hope the get rid of Austin this week, he's a creep. I would like To see Jason win. I also like Julia with John. Julia and Liz are playing different games. It will be interesting to see which twin goes further in the game if they make it through next week.

drifter Debra K

I think Austin is creepy, too. I like Jason and was glad to see that Shelli wasn't mean and unmoved when he came to her. I think it's funny that Johnny Mac was able to tell there were two different people based on the "tooth".....and now I can see that Julia's tooth, the one that Johnny Mac calls by number seems to be "whiter" than her other teeth. Maybe it's my imagination?

I'm glad that they got rid of Audrey......she was just stirring up stuff. It'll be interesting to see which one remains HOH, Vanessa or Jackie. Jackie stepped up her game trying to win the battle of the block, so maybe she'll start playing, now.

drifter Debra K

Finally they get Audrey on the block. I was beginning to think that Shelli wouldn't do it....but I'm glad she did. I've never seen anyone lie as much as Audrey. It was pretty frustrating for Clay to have her deny that she said what she did....people that do that annoy the hell out of me, too. I like Johnny Mac, Jason and Liz (Julia) Street Boys .....they are so lame but funny.
Mertex Debra K
I hope the get rid of Austin this week, he's a creep. I would like To see Jason win. I also like Julia with John. Julia and Liz are playing different games. It will be interesting to see which twin goes further in the game if they make it through next week.

With Vanessa getting HOH ... and the queen floater HOH too ... it should be another easy week for Sixth Sense alliance. I think Vanessa might be able to control the other HOH and talk her into doing what the alliance wants. I was glad to see Audrey go home. She seems to have a very nice family ... I sensed that they have probably experienced her "manipulations" a time or two.

I'm not so sure that Jackie will allow Vanessa to manipulate her. She's been put up on the block by the Sixth Sense and seems to have gravitated to the side of James, Meg, and Jason....but Vanessa is pretty pushy, so we'll see how Jackie handles it.

Audrey's family did seem nice....must have been hard for them to watch her melt down on national TV. After she was evicted, she seemed pretty cool again....I didn't like her behavior when she was all wrapped up like a mummy and acting victimized.

drifter Debra K

Mertex Debra K

With Vanessa getting HOH ... and the queen floater HOH too ... it should be another easy week for Sixth Sense alliance. I think Vanessa might be able to control the other HOH and talk her into doing what the alliance wants. I was glad to see Audrey go home. She seems to have a very nice family ... I sensed that they have probably experienced her "manipulations" a time or two.

I'm not so sure that Jackie will allow Vanessa to manipulate her. She's been put up on the block by the Sixth Sense and seems to have gravitated to the side of James, Meg, and Jason....but Vanessa is pretty pushy, so we'll see how Jackie handles it.

Audrey's family did seem nice....must have been hard for them to watch her melt down on national TV. After she was evicted, she seemed pretty cool again....I didn't like her behavior when she was all wrapped up like a mummy and acting victimized.

Agreed.

Good morning, I Cappuccinisti della Terra, and welcome to the weekend!

A massive storm hit last night, so much that it shook the house in which I live.

I seriously considered hiding under a bed for a minute or two - it was that bad.

Now, everything is quiet, but damn, it looks wet outside.

:D

:coffee:

Have a good one!

And a large, delicious

115089_4_cappucino.jpg

for you, MsnBama ! Welcome to the CC, where we shoot the shit with the best shitshooters of the world!!

And a friendly good Monday morning wake-up to all our Cappuccinistis of the world!

Don't forget, Monday is an excellent day to get out of bed!

In fact, I get out of bed on every day that ends with "y"!!!

I have another free day today, get to goof off, but see a mountain of little "to-do" list things that need to be "to-do"'s, so......

11078749_840483869332421_2052743072_n.jpg

:D

Good morning, I Cappuccinisti della Terra and a happy Hammer Day of Thor to you!

Yesterday, in one of the rooms where I work with clients, the protective shade to a slanted window right behind me, after maybe 15 years of being there, literally snapped, ripped in half and part of the bottom of it smacked me in the head. LOL.

So, I went to a company that deals in these kids of windows, called VELUX, and ordered a new shade, called a "Rollo" in German. Damn, they are expensive!!! This is because the window itself is at least 30 years old and only the older type of "Rollos" are available. I wrote down the window number and type and for good measure :D took measurements and when I showed them to the guy, he said to me, "Ach, ein Dinosaurier!" (I bet I don't even have to translate that one).

Without a good rollo on the window, that room gets hot really, really fast. Ugh.

But I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with you that most German homes do no use curtains (Vorhänge) like we Americans do. The "Krauts" :D use Rollos and Jalousien and Markisen (good words to look up!), which means lots less dust to have to deal with. And you will have to look long and hard to find a German window with screens. They don't believe in screens.

Anyhow, if another heat wave hits before the new rollo comes (5 work days), I may just have to buy a huge ice block and plop it down in the center of the room... lol...

6a00e553b3da2088340120a77d8bd5970b-pi

Ice-blockily yours,

Stat

So, as a follow-up to that from above, this happened today:

Don't worry, it's a silent vid, there is nothing wrong with your computer.

As always, the "Anleitung" (Instructions) for the "Einbauen" (Installation) of stuff like this looks a lot easier than it is. Took about 40 minutes because the screws are so friggin' small, even with a magnetic screwdriver, they fly all over the place. AAAAAAARRRRGH! Apparently, Velux knows this already because in the tools package, it includes 6 extra screws - LOL. So, after practicing my best swear-words (Schimpfwörter) in German, like these:

Undertitles all the way....

(Some really interesting stuff starting at 4:14, especially about how US-American swear-words are finding their way into the German-Schimpwörter-Lexikon!!)

I got the damned Rollo up!!!!

Tsännk U und häf a veri naice dai!!!

Coyote

Get to practicing those words, now!!!

:lol:

Last edited:
Good morning, I Cappuccinisti della Terra and a happy Hammer Day of Thor to you!

Yesterday, in one of the rooms where I work with clients, the protective shade to a slanted window right behind me, after maybe 15 years of being there, literally snapped, ripped in half and part of the bottom of it smacked me in the head. LOL.

So, I went to a company that deals in these kids of windows, called VELUX, and ordered a new shade, called a "Rollo" in German. Damn, they are expensive!!! This is because the window itself is at least 30 years old and only the older type of "Rollos" are available. I wrote down the window number and type and for good measure :D took measurements and when I showed them to the guy, he said to me, "Ach, ein Dinosaurier!" (I bet I don't even have to translate that one).

Without a good rollo on the window, that room gets hot really, really fast. Ugh.

But I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with you that most German homes do no use curtains (Vorhänge) like we Americans do. The "Krauts" :D use Rollos and Jalousien and Markisen (good words to look up!), which means lots less dust to have to deal with. And you will have to look long and hard to find a German window with screens. They don't believe in screens.

Anyhow, if another heat wave hits before the new rollo comes (5 work days), I may just have to buy a huge ice block and plop it down in the center of the room... lol...

Ice-blockily yours,

Stat

As always, the "Anleitung" (Instructions) for the "Einbauen" (Installation) of stuff like this looks a lot easier than it is. Took about 40 minutes because the screws are so friggin' small, even with a magnetic screwdriver, the fly all over the place. AAAAAAAGH! Apparently, Velux knows this already because in the tools package, it includes 6 extra screws - LOL. So, after practicing my best swear-words (Schimpfwörter) in German, like these:

Zännk U und häf a veri naice dai!!!

Coyote

Schimpfwörter!

(pronounced chimpenfurter or shrimpweiner)

Ice-blockily yours,

Stat

As always, the "Anleitung" (Instructions) for the "Einbauen" (Installation) of stuff like this looks a lot easier than it is. Took about 40 minutes because the screws are so friggin' small, even with a magnetic screwdriver, the fly all over the place. AAAAAAAGH! Apparently, Velux knows this already because in the tools package, it includes 6 extra screws - LOL. So, after practicing my best swear-words (Schimpfwörter) in German, like these:

Zännk U und häf a veri naice dai!!!

Coyote

Schimpfwörter!

(pronounced chimpenfurter or shrimpweiner)

LOL!!!

I hear the stuff all the time in the streetcars and trains, especially among the "Jugendliche" (youth). They speak a kind of weirded out texting-German and then throw an American cuss-word-phrase (or 10) in there and I kind of get a jolt, like:

"Jo, die Tussi gestern war so dermaßen geil, äääh, sie hat alles mitgemacht, die kleine Schlampe, und dann hörte die blöde Schnäfpe mitten im blasen einfach auf - im BLASEN!!!, jo, ich ich, so äääh waaat the fuck, ääääh, das ist not cool äääh, ehhh fuck you, Schlampe...."

SCARY.....

Forum List

Back