The Cappucino Corral

tumblr_n7xu5rD2Sn1qzcv7no4_540.png

Extreme deep dish!

drifter Debra K

Finally they get Audrey on the block. I was beginning to think that Shelli wouldn't do it....but I'm glad she did. I've never seen anyone lie as much as Audrey. It was pretty frustrating for Clay to have her deny that she said what she did....people that do that annoy the hell out of me, too. I like Johnny Mac, Jason and Liz (Julia) Street Boys .....they are so lame but funny.

Good morning, I Cappuccinisti della Terra and a happy Hammer Day of Thor to you!

Yesterday, in one of the rooms where I work with clients, the protective shade to a slanted window right behind me, after maybe 15 years of being there, literally snapped, ripped in half and part of the bottom of it smacked me in the head. LOL.

So, I went to a company that deals in these kids of windows, called VELUX, and ordered a new shade, called a "Rollo" in German. Damn, they are expensive!!! This is because the window itself is at least 30 years old and only the older type of "Rollos" are available. I wrote down the window number and type and for good measure :D took measurements and when I showed them to the guy, he said to me, "Ach, ein Dinosaurier!" (I bet I don't even have to translate that one).

Without a good rollo on the window, that room gets hot really, really fast. Ugh.

But I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with you that most German homes do no use curtains (Vorhänge) like we Americans do. The "Krauts" :D use Rollos and Jalousien and Markisen (good words to look up!), which means lots less dust to have to deal with. And you will have to look long and hard to find a German window with screens. They don't believe in screens.

Anyhow, if another heat wave hits before the new rollo comes (5 work days), I may just have to buy a huge ice block and plop it down in the center of the room... lol...

6a00e553b3da2088340120a77d8bd5970b-pi

Ice-blockily yours,

Stat

ha ha. That must have been frightening!!! Glad you are ok

Oh, I'm cool with it, it was more irritating than anything. And the guy at the shop was very, very helpful; he knew his stuff, to be sure. He noticed the light US-American accent in my German and asked me where I came from. Apparently, he is crazy about the USA, especially the Rocky Mountains, Mesa Verdi, Grand Canyon and such. That was pretty cool, because not all Germans are so open. After 10 minutes of intensive conversation about great places to go mountain climbing in the USA - after the new rollo was ordered, I mean - he also told me I was the first foreigner he experienced who can carry on a very long, involved conversation in perfect German, without even a single mistake. That was kind of neat, I thought.

But I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with you that most German homes do no use curtains (Vorhänge) like we Americans do. The "Krauts" :D use Rollos and Jalousien and Markisen (good words to look up!), which means lots less dust to have to deal with. And you will have to look long and hard to find a German window with screens. They don't believe in screens.

Denial, now it blocks a nice breeze too. :)

Denial, now it blocks a nice breeze too. :)

:rofl:

Oh, the windows are opened so that the beauty of nature comes indoors at night.
I'm thinking of naming the three small spiders in my bathroom "frick, frack and frook".

Last edited:

Oh, I'm cool with it, it was more irritating than anything. And the guy at the shop was very, very helpful; he knew his stuff, to be sure. He noticed the light US-American accent in my German and asked me where I came from. Apparently, he is crazy about the USA, especially the Rocky Mountains, Mesa Verdi, Grand Canyon and such. That was pretty cool, because not all Germans are so open. After 10 minutes of intensive conversation about great places to go mountain climbing in the USA - after the new rollo was ordered, I mean - he also told me I was the first foreigner he experienced who can carry on a very long, involved conversation in perfect German, without even a single mistake. That was kind of neat, I thought.
German was offered in my HS but I took Spanish. Kinda wish I took German. Where/when did you start learning it/

German was offered in my HS but I took Spanish. Kinda wish I took German. Where/when did you start learning it/

A while back, but most of it I learned right here in the BRD, quickly and with the help of newfound friends.

drifter Debra K

Finally they get Audrey on the block. I was beginning to think that Shelli wouldn't do it....but I'm glad she did. I've never seen anyone lie as much as Audrey. It was pretty frustrating for Clay to have her deny that she said what she did....people that do that annoy the hell out of me, too. I like Johnny Mac, Jason and Liz (Julia) Street Boys .....they are so lame but funny.
Mertex Debra K
I hope the get rid of Austin this week, he's a creep. I would like To see Jason win. I also like Julia with John. Julia and Liz are playing different games. It will be interesting to see which twin goes further in the game if they make it through next week.

Good morning, everybody, and a Cappuccino TGIF to all of you!

47493fa6545b37a823a5cb2f6ca1a3aa.jpg

Today is a free day for me! Finally, no business appointments, no invoices to write, no many-hour-long prep for the next client. I get to goof off today and may just go sunbathe along the Rhein River today!!!

:D

drifter Debra K

Mertex Debra K
I hope the get rid of Austin this week, he's a creep. I would like To see Jason win. I also like Julia with John. Julia and Liz are playing different games. It will be interesting to see which twin goes further in the game if they make it through next week.

With Vanessa getting HOH ... and the queen floater HOH too ... it should be another easy week for Sixth Sense alliance. I think Vanessa might be able to control the other HOH and talk her into doing what the alliance wants. I was glad to see Audrey go home. She seems to have a very nice family ... I sensed that they have probably experienced her "manipulations" a time or two.

drifter Debra K

Mertex Debra K

With Vanessa getting HOH ... and the queen floater HOH too ... it should be another easy week for Sixth Sense alliance. I think Vanessa might be able to control the other HOH and talk her into doing what the alliance wants. I was glad to see Audrey go home. She seems to have a very nice family ... I sensed that they have probably experienced her "manipulations" a time or two.

They all agree they want Austin out. I think they will backdoor him.

Well, Spanish is a lot easier.....:)

Forum List

Back