The Cappucino Corral

Happy Wednesday. Y'all still out there???

Hello and Happy Wednesday to you too.

I'm going to babysit this afternoon for my niece's little boys, ages 1 and 2. We will have a grand time reading the ABC, Animal Sounds, and Playtime books. My stash of toys will be strewn all over the living room. I will fill their sippy cups, change their diapers, and give them hugs and kisses. I will feed them a good supply of junk ... I mean, good nourishing food (cheese puffs are good, right?) and then send them home with their mother. So much fun!!!! Indeed a Happy Wednesday.

I'm going to babysit this afternoon for my niece's little boys, ages 1 and 2. We will have a grand time reading the ABC, Animal Sounds, and Playtime books. My stash of toys will be strewn all over the living room. I will fill their sippy cups, change their diapers, and give them hugs and kisses. I will feed them a good supply of junk ... I mean, good nourishing food (cheese puffs are good, right?) and then send them home with their mother. So much fun!!!! Indeed a Happy Wednesday.

Kids that age can be so much fun. :)

Don't forget to take "Halloween, Part V", out of the DVD machine....

I am so very ready for fall. Bring it on.

tumblr_manx479Dhb1ry6rxro1_500.jpg

Me, too.

My daughter and I will go collected chestnuts (Kastanien) this weekend!

And a TGIF to all our wonderful Cappuccinistis out there.

:coffee:

That will be fun!

Do you roast them? There's a tree here that miraculously survived the blight, and when we first moved here, my husband and I made a halfhearted attempt to do something with them, but didn't know what we were doing. I've now found the method online, and am wondering if they taste like any other nut, even if only slightly. Or do they taste like chicken? :wink_2:

Me, too.

My daughter and I will go collected chestnuts (Kastanien) this weekend!

And a TGIF to all our wonderful Cappuccinistis out there.

:coffee:

That will be fun!

Do you roast them? There's a tree here that miraculously survived the blight, and when we first moved here, my husband and I made a halfhearted attempt to do something with them, but didn't know what we were doing. I've now found the method online, and am wondering if they taste like any other nut, even if only slightly. Or do they taste like chicken? :wink_2:
I boil them first, then roast them, with a slit down the middle.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Update (whilst Princess Statalina is bathing with way too much bubble bath!): this is a weekend without TV, since she has been acting up in school. So, we spent two hours doing math, geo and German homework - meaning, she did it and I kept an eye on her and double checked her work. She missed two out of about 180 equations. Not bad. She also got a new viola and it has a VERY good tone quality. Then, we took a long bike-ride and ended up at her favorite playground with a lot o sand, which is why she is now bathing... lol.

The nice thing is that she has accepted that the remote controls are nowhere to be seen.

I am worn out. lol.

Update (whilst Princess Statalina is bathing with way too much bubble bath!): this is a weekend without TV, since she has been acting up in school. So, we spent two hours doing math, geo and German homework - meaning, she did it and I kept an eye on her and double checked her work. She missed two out of about 180 equations. Not bad. She also got a new viola and it has a VERY good tone quality. Then, we took a long bike-ride and ended up at her favorite playground with a lot o sand, which is why she is now bathing... lol.

The nice thing is that she has accepted that the remote controls are nowhere to be seen.

I am worn out. lol.

Sounds like you are being punished more than she is! :D

Good morning and TGIF, Cappuccinistis of the world.

I was injured in a bike accident late Wednesday and am still healing, won't be on so much. And typing with one arm is kinda difficult.

Have a good one.

-Stat

Bless you, Stat. Am glad you're still around to tell us about it, and I hope you're on the mend soon! Big hugs.

get-well-soon-621779.jpg

Forum List

Back