The Changing Winds of Favor

Why didn't that POS fdr throw every German American on the East Coast into concentration camps?
The germans did not bomb Pearl Harbor

However:

A total of 11,507 people of German ancestry were interned during the war, comprising 36.1% of the total internments under the US Justice Department's Enemy Alien Control Program.[29] By contrast, an estimated 110,000–120,000 Japanese-Americans were forcibly relocated from the West Coast and incarcerated in internment camps run by the US War Department's War Relocation Authority.[29]

I agree that the japanese were the victims of racism during WWII

as were europeans who were even more horribly mistreated by racist japanese

its small comfort, but interning the japanese probably protected them from reprisals and probably saved a few koreans and chinese who might have been mistaken for japanese

...........JFK was a lot better person than you are

That's quite an insult. How do you figure?
look at you!!!!!!!!!......you are on USMB and he was POTUS---getting all kinds of babe action

He is a "better person" because he cheated on his wife? Is that your standard?
it's not cheating ..men do it all the time.....you are jealous of him!!!!!

Violating your most sacred vow is not cheating? Is that really what you think?
get with reality---sex is a need--a physical need----stop living in fairytale land

So, just out of curiosity if a woman actually made the choice to marry someone like you, then you would be fine with them cheating on you in order to fulfill a "need"?

Interesting.
you people are DUMB!!! this is real life not Days of Our Lives

So, your answer is yes?

You would be fine with your spouse cheating on you because "it's real life"?

And you actually believe that to be normal?
I know you like men and not women

And you base that ASSumption on what?
Or are you projecting?
you don't like getting any action = fag

So you are stimulated by speculating about what other men like?

Are you a voyeur?
a real man gets lot's of action--like James Bond

Are you aware of the fact that James Bond is a fictional character?

If not, I understand.

I believed that Santa Claus was real until I was about 8 years old.

look at you!!!!!!!!!......you are on USMB and he was POTUS---getting all kinds of babe action

get with reality---sex is a need--a physical need----stop living in fairytale land

So, just out of curiosity if a woman actually made the choice to marry someone like you, then you would be fine with them cheating on you in order to fulfill a "need"?

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?
you people babble crap a lot

Which "people"? Sane ones?
YOU are a babble crapper

.....doesn't matter---there were Japanese spies--...

Not ONE Japanese American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war. Not ONE. Can't say the same for German Americans. That lowlife, piece of shit SOB fdr knew the Japanese American population did NOT represent a security risk. His own intelligence people told him so.
doesn't matter----YOU are the POS..

Tyrants love weaklings like you. In fact, they count on cowards like you who will turn a blind eye to the violation of their neighbor's rights again and again until it becomes their turn to go to the camps.

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

If not, I understand.

it says LIKE him --DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....doesn't matter---there were Japanese spies--...

Not ONE Japanese American was ever convicted of espionage or sabotage during the war. Not ONE. Can't say the same for German Americans. That lowlife, piece of shit SOB fdr knew the Japanese American population did NOT represent a security risk. His own intelligence people told him so.
doesn't matter----YOU are the POS..

Tyrants love weaklings like you. In fact, they count on cowards like you who will turn a blind eye to the violation of their neighbor's rights again and again until it becomes their turn to go to the camps.
YOU are the POS

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

For asking you an honest question?

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

get in the REAL world---not your Fairytale Land

Unkotare:

I’m sure you dont know this but this japanese girl was interned in WWII but later rose above that and is now a beloved American music artist

FDR was a racist and want to be king. He tried to increase the numbers on the Supreme Court to gain more power as the Supreme Court kept him in check. Americans were put in internment camps based on their race. FDR refused to to even see Jesse Owens a black American Olympic Gold Medalist for fear it would hurt his re-election campaign. He made the depression last longer than it should have and used the war to pull America out of the depression.

Ike was a good President brought us along and helped formulate the interstate system. JFK wasn’t in long enough to do anything how ever he did give America the dream of landing on the moon. LBJ was a racist that gave us Civil Rights albeit for selfish reasons. Nixon was a very good President however his good was overshadowed by Watergate. Ford, Carter were lost years. Reagan reunited America, Bush was a fair President, he lost because of the economy. Clinton was a fair President that was carried by his riding the dotcom bubble. His BJ from Monica is his legacy. Bush II had 911 and brought us out of that and got us into a politically correct war that still rages on. Obama was okay but nothing that great. Trump did many good things but his abrasive personality was his down fall.
the Japanese attacked the US

And...? How many Japanese Americans attacked us? FDR used fear to lock them up. No constitutionally guaranteed due process for those Americans, just fear.
.....doesn't matter---there were Japanese spies--I guess you would take the chance of letting spies just hang around??
..you see, you people don't live in reality---you don't know what REAL life is about

Spies? All of the Japanese Americans were spies during WWII? 100% of them? Sorry, innocent until proven guilty is the America I want to live in, no rule by fear that FDR loved so well.
you're not too smart and are ignorant of how the military/etc works

I’d rather live by the Constitution rather than fear and a society one is guilty by basis of race, color or religion.

BTW, how many German Americans were put into internment camps? Why weren’t they all put into camps?

FDR was a racist and want to be king. He tried to increase the numbers on the Supreme Court to gain more power as the Supreme Court kept him in check. Americans were put in internment camps based on their race. FDR refused to to even see Jesse Owens a black American Olympic Gold Medalist for fear it would hurt his re-election campaign. He made the depression last longer than it should have and used the war to pull America out of the depression.

Ike was a good President brought us along and helped formulate the interstate system. JFK wasn’t in long enough to do anything how ever he did give America the dream of landing on the moon. LBJ was a racist that gave us Civil Rights albeit for selfish reasons. Nixon was a very good President however his good was overshadowed by Watergate. Ford, Carter were lost years. Reagan reunited America, Bush was a fair President, he lost because of the economy. Clinton was a fair President that was carried by his riding the dotcom bubble. His BJ from Monica is his legacy. Bush II had 911 and brought us out of that and got us into a politically correct war that still rages on. Obama was okay but nothing that great. Trump did many good things but his abrasive personality was his down fall.

And...? How many Japanese Americans attacked us? FDR used fear to lock them up. No constitutionally guaranteed due process for those Americans, just fear.
.....doesn't matter---there were Japanese spies--I guess you would take the chance of letting spies just hang around??
..you see, you people don't live in reality---you don't know what REAL life is about

Spies? All of the Japanese Americans were spies during WWII? 100% of them? Sorry, innocent until proven guilty is the America I want to live in, no rule by fear that FDR loved so well.

I’d rather live by the Constitution rather than fear and a society one is guilty by basis of race, color or religion.

BTW, how many German Americans were put into internment camps? Why weren’t they all put into camps?
irrelevant .....hindsight is 20/20........YOU didn't live then

There are few things redeeming about W. From the way Karl Rove conducted the Campaign against Gore to W being surprised by 9-11 while reading my Pet Goat despite Richard Clark and other telling his administration that Bin Laden was threat to Bush lying about Iraq and his you are either with us or against us leas up to the Iraq war to Bush;s totally ineptitude with the economic meltdown.

W. set the stage for greater authoritarianism in the system with his advocacy of the unitary theory of the presidency. The theory holds that the president is complete charge of the executive branch and beholden to him without oversight from Congress. W. also a proponent of executive signing statements whose sole purpose was to undermine duly passed legislation.

Trump’s legacy to early to tell. It will be either a president who facilitated the decay of American democratic institutions or a catalyst to reform the system and reign in the power of the presidency.

NIce pile of gish gallop.

One point. There is nothing wrong with being surprised by a new type of attack. This was the first time a highjacked plane was used like this.

So, it happened while he was visiting some young children, so what? WTF, does that have to do with anything?
There may have been nothing that Bush could have done to prevent 9-11 except that he was warned by intelligence agencies that an attack may be imminent. Instead the Bush Administration ignored the warnings. I am not saying he could have prevented the attack but he should not have ignored the warning signs.

YOu made a point that he was reading to children when the attack occurred.

Really, what were you implying? That no president should ever so such touchy feelie crap? He should spend all his free time sitting in The War Room, in case of something happens?

What you really did there, was signal that you are just a partisan zealot, and not serious about judging Presidents honestly.
The point was W was taken completely by surprised. He was warned. But yet chose to ignore the warnings.

If you recall when he was told America was under attack, Bush chose to continue reading My Pet Goat.

One threat out of hundreds, and he was supposed to just "know" that that threat was the one that would actually happen?

If he had.. oh, I don't know, BANNED muslims from high threat nations, you people would have flipped out.
Democrats always think they are brainiacs after the fact.

Bunch-of liars and douche bags that they are.

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

If not, I understand.

it says LIKE him --DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw what "it said".

You said "like James Bond"......as if he is actually a real person...

LMAO!

Despite what people will insist upon reading this, we cannot now know how history will view the Trump presidency. Even with the torrid partisan animosity that was prevalent during his administration, W's legacy is being seen more favorably now than when he left office (the most hysterically biased and therefore irrelevant partisans aside). In the current political climate Lincoln, our greatest president, is now ridiculously vilified by some openly ignorant and/or racist idiots who know nothing about history but too much about hate and want to wax nostalgic over a so-called Confederacy that never really existed or socio-economic institutions that never should have existed. Lots of people seem to think JFK was some hero, despite his actual track record. Lots of people think Nixon was some villain, despite his actual record. Liberals, and even more than a few conservatives, have long spoken of FDR as some great president, but the more that his actual record becomes known and spoken of, the more that even usually unthinking liberals have felt the need to qualify their adoration of that scumbag.

So, who knows how the future will view these strange days we are living through?

FDR was a great President. Popularly elected by the people FOUR times. There's a reason for that. The people knew Republicans were criminals and failures, and held them accountable for their failure and criminality for the six decades up to that point of which they were 100% responsible for the failures of those times. Which was repeated in 2018 and 2020.

As for W. Bush and Nixon, the use of the word scumbag is an understatement.

The latest scumbags legacy is yet to be written, but it's started out as the worst of the worse, and a little primer as to where it's going is needed here.

Neither did ANY of the victims of fdr's concentration camps.
You are not being very honest by calling them concentration camps

no japanese interned in America were beheaded for failing to bow to FDRs picture

or killed in german gas chambers and then burned to ashes

you should not try to equate all three as one

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

So in YOUR "real world" people have no regard for fidelity in a marriage?....and men aspire to be like a fictional secret agent.

LMAO!

If nothing else, you are definately entertaining.

Mainly because you appear to actually believe some of what you state.

LMAO!

Last edited:

And you did? My mother who is still alive says it was terrible that Americans were put into internment camps for no other reason but their race. My father who fought in WWII didn’t see Japanese Americans as any kind of threat.

So even though I didn’t live then, I have first hand knowledge of those that did and thought it was cruel as most Americans today do. History will never be kind to FDR in that regard.

And you did? My mother who is still alive says it was terrible that Americans were put into internment camps for no other reason but their race. My father who fought in WWII didn’t see Japanese Americans as any kind of threat.

So even though I didn’t live then, I have first hand knowledge of those that did and thought it was cruel as most Americans today do. History will never be kind to FDR in that regard.
easy for you to say in 2020 on USMB...fact is, you were not there

Interesting.

So, your answer is yes?

Or are you projecting?

Are you a voyeur?

YOU are a babble crapper

Why?

So in YOUR "real world" people have no regard for fidelity in a marriage?....and men aspire to be like a fictional secret agent.

LMAO!

If anything, are definately entertaining.

Mainly because you appear to actually believe some of what you state.
I knew you were a fag.....you see a woman and cry

Forum List

Back