The child tax credit in the stimulus bill will reduce child poverty by 42%: study

Not sure why you keep talking about the “war on poverty”. You’re talking about something a president said decades ago lol. It’s dumb.
Just pat him on the head and let him feed the ducks.

Trump’s across the board tax cuts DOUBLED the child tax credit.
Mine went from $2,000 in 2019 to zero last year

Ole' Nostra telling lies again.
You are an ignorant troll.

Changes to Tax Credits
The TCJA increased the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 up to $2,000. Even parents who don't earn enough to pay taxes can claim a refund of the credit up to $1,400.

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

Except it won't amount to a couple of thousand bucks in their pockets, it only adds maybe $600 to the very lowest income bracket, and the inflation from so many criminal illegal aliens Democrats plan to subisidize will wipe out any gains and bankrupt the program overnight.
No, the difference is that the tax credit is now completely refundable. You can also opt to have it paid monthly. The credit didn’t do that before.
\Oh goodie. so they can divide that $600 into 12 monthly payments? Yes, indeed, $50 more a month is indeed a huge difference! Ur a jeenyus, yu iz. You can almost buy a pair of crappy Chinese made plastic shoes for that, but we know in real life it will mostly go for more crack for Mommy.

Not sure why you keep talking about the “war on poverty”. You’re talking about something a president said decades ago lol. It’s dumb.

Changes to Tax Credits
The TCJA increased the Child Tax Credit from $1,000 up to $2,000. Even parents who don't earn enough to pay taxes can claim a refund of the credit up to $1,400.

:itsok:

Good, every child deserves a chance at the American dream and every child deserves food in their stomach.

Then dad should get a job and mom should learn how to cook (or vice versa)
Please don't ever blame innocent children for the laziness of their parents. That is an awful mindset. Children deserve our love.

Never heard of it, I got ZERO of it last year, after getting the $2,000/yr total for around 10 previous years before.
He's lying.

Well if they don’t keep up with inflation, that will be the result. I mean if unemployment stays the same in a state over the course of decades, the same dollar amount buys less over time. Simple economics.
I agree... Of course if what you are doing causes inflation... Well...

But honestly... All children are in poverty.. We don't allow them to work. So it's a stupid headline.

Changes to Tax Credits

So tell us again how many poor kids you volunteer to support every month? I forget; did it ever get past ZERO?

Changes to Tax Credits

Poor kid. Someday you will learn to not tangle with someone who has twice the IQ you have, and has actually been around long enough to know shit.

You are the typical know-it-all, snot nosed teenage. As such your bullshit is fun and easy to destroy.

Changes to Tax Credits

Your source doesn't mention the worksheet that controls how much of the CTC a family can get.

Changes to Tax Credits

The TCJA also introduced a $500 credit for other dependents, which helps families whose dependent children no longer meet the strict criteria of child dependents because they've aged out, as well as families caring for elderly parents.16

I wasn't qualified because of the worksheet results. Some people got part of it and others got most of it, very few actually got the full amount.

So tell us again how many poor kids you volunteer to support every month? I forget; did it ever get past ZERO?
This charity donation to kids is from less than 2 weeks ago. Have a good day!

313131.jpg

Because ALL of the Cash Giveaways since the 60's have worked SO well. Good Lord.

Well, they all worked out well for the banks who got bailed out, didn't they? Kind of hard for right wingers to make a case here with all the corporate welfare and subsidies that keep shareholders and day traders happy.

Changes to Tax Credits

Your source doesn't mention the worksheet that controls how much of the CTC a family can get.

Changes to Tax Credits

The TCJA also introduced a $500 credit for other dependents, which helps families whose dependent children no longer meet the strict criteria of child dependents because they've aged out, as well as families caring for elderly parents.16

I wasn't qualified because of the worksheet results. Some people got part of it and others got most of it, very few actually got the full amount.
The increase was tilted towards the poor. Hence the ability to get as much as $1400 “back” even if you didn’t make enough to pay any income taxes.

Well Joe just let those poor parents job takers into our nation....so there's that....Get ready for Spanish language only fast food chains again....I'll take a sausage McMuffin no butter...and it will show up without cheese.... :aargh:

Turns out a couple thousand bucks more per year goes a long way for those who need it most.

Except it won't amount to a couple of thousand bucks in their pockets, it only adds maybe $600 to the very lowest income bracket, and the inflation from so many criminal illegal aliens Democrats plan to subisidize will wipe out any gains and bankrupt the program overnight.
No, the difference is that the tax credit is now completely refundable. You can also opt to have it paid monthly. The credit didn’t do that before.
\Oh goodie. so they can divide that $600 into 12 monthly payments? Yes, indeed, $50 more a month is indeed a huge difference! Ur a jeenyus, yu iz. You can almost buy a pair of crappy Chinese made plastic shoes for that, but we know in real life it will mostly go for more crack for Mommy.
Actually you’re wrong like always. It will increase the tax credits by 1000 or 1600 per year depending on the age of the child.

Because ALL of the Cash Giveaways since the 60's have worked SO well. Good Lord.

Well, they all worked out well for the banks who got bailed out, didn't they? Kind of hard for right wingers to make a case here with all the corporate welfare and subsidies that keep shareholders and day traders happy.

You are assuming that all "right wingers" supported the give aways from anyone to anyone. Let's not pretend that the Left is any different.

Corporations are a great value to our nation by creating jobs...and without them no one would have a job with healthcare and good pay and benefits....

Actually you’re wrong like always. It will increase the tax credits by 1000 or 1600 per year depending on the age of the child.

No, it doesn't, it merely increases the max from the old one by $600, which by the way doesn't even cover inflation.

Forum List

Back