The childhood trauma that gets ignored

I question his story. He says he is a lawyer, yet his bio says he majored in political science. His father is also a high school band director, his mother an attorney. Something doesn’t add up.

I question his story. He says he is a lawyer, yet his bio says he majored in political science. His father is also a high school band director, his mother an attorney. Something doesn’t add up.

No one cares what you question.

we cannot ignore laws and policies do impact our lives.

Can you tell me, specifically, what current laws and/or policies impact your life?
Most are not documented and I am sure you know this. There is a reason a resume with a "Black" sounding name never gets a call for an interview. There are about a million of these undocumented policies whites employ against Blacks.
Assumptions. As if someone should be hired just because they are black?
No one said anything about assumptions. Cant you read? :rolleyes:
A million undocumented? That means word of mouth, as if everyone is to be believed. Again, it is assumptions on your part.

And stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in 2013 and is no longer used by NYPD.
At no point and time did we single out NY as the only place to find these offenses. You're moving the goalposts.

I already stated it's being implemented elsewhere in the country and/or being promoted by others, of your political, to BE implemented currently.

Are you denying this fact?

Fourth Amendment specifically outlaws searches without probable cause. Not just for whites, but for anyone. That has been the law of the land since 1791. If you believe it's being violated, I suggest you raise a court case.

In 1791 blacks were not considered citizens, A few years later the SCOTUS decided that blacks were no protected by the law. That was the Dred Scott decision. So forget arguing about what laws do.

If you can't address your grievances through law, how do you suggest they be resolved?

I didn't say that but now you might begin to ask why blacks feel the law doesn't help us. Then go study laws made and policies resulting from these laws. Understand that a law must be followed to work. After you do all that, you won't ask people to show you specific laws or policies that are not followed.

If you believe a law is being violated on the local level, you can bring suit at the next highest level, all the way up to including the Supreme Court of the United States. Many, thousands of people have done just that. Many of our current civil liberties are in force today because people have done just that.

The law of the land supports and promotes equality. If there are people violating that law, the same law provides a method to redress those violations;

It's not a perfect system, but it certainly is one of the better systems in the world.

From the link: He took me to jail where I sat for hours. My parents were on vacation, there was no one I could call

So, this kid is 13 or 14, and he goes to school by himself while his parents are off on vacation? I call bullshit.

Mark
You werent able to go to school by yourself when you were 13 or 14? You're like in 7th or 8th grade at that age.

They weren't at work, they were on vacation. So, this kid has to fend for himself. In todays world, this is probably child abuse.

Mark
Not sure it makes a difference if they were at work or on vacation. Cant be child abuse unless there is a law against doing so. Even if it was child abuse that doesnt change the validity of the story.

we cannot ignore laws and policies do impact our lives.

Can you tell me, specifically, what current laws and/or policies impact your life?
Most are not documented and I am sure you know this. There is a reason a resume with a "Black" sounding name never gets a call for an interview. There are about a million of these undocumented policies whites employ against Blacks.
A million undocumented? That means word of mouth, as if everyone is to be believed. Again, it is assumptions on your part.
Thats why I asked if you can read. It seems the word undocumented is tripping you up. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No one called on you and asked if you had a question. No one cares if it doesnt add up to you either.

• Thanks
Thats why I asked if you can read. It seems the word undocumented is tripping you up. :rolleyes:
Maybe you don't understand your own posts.. Undocumented doesn't mean it is a truth. It means not documents, which could also mean it is untrue. Not everything negative in peoples lives is because of race. Not all whites get the job they apply for, or the house they want to buy, etc. You try to make it seem as if all blacks should get whatever they apply for, just because they are black?

At no point and time did we single out NY as the only place to find these offenses. You're moving the goalposts.

I already stated it's being implemented elsewhere in the country and/or being promoted by others, of your political, to BE implemented currently.

Are you denying this fact?

Fourth Amendment specifically outlaws searches without probable cause. Not just for whites, but for anyone. That has been the law of the land since 1791. If you believe it's being violated, I suggest you raise a court case.

In 1791 blacks were not considered citizens, A few years later the SCOTUS decided that blacks were no protected by the law. That was the Dred Scott decision. So forget arguing about what laws do.

If you can't address your grievances through law, how do you suggest they be resolved?

I didn't say that but now you might begin to ask why blacks feel the law doesn't help us. Then go study laws made and policies resulting from these laws. Understand that a law must be followed to work. After you do all that, you won't ask people to show you specific laws or policies that are not followed.

If you believe a law is being violated on the local level, you can bring suit at the next highest level, all the way up to including the Supreme Court of the United States. Many, thousands of people have done just that. Many of our current civil liberties are in force today because people have done just that.

The law of the land supports and promotes equality. If there are people violating that law, the same law provides a method to redress those violations;

It's not a perfect system, but it certainly is one of the better systems in the world.

I know what the law is supposed to do. But how law is applied to different people seems to be the thing you miss.

I know what the law is supposed to do. But how law is applied to different people seems to be the thing you miss.

I tire of repeating this.

If laws are applied unfairly at a local level, seek redress at the next level. It's not a difficult concept. The system has checks and balances.

Exactly. Was just talking to my buddy from Eritrea who was telling me how this white dude called his wife a blue gum. She had no idea what he meant at the time but she knew it wasnt something nice.
I'm sorry for laughing, but that was damn funny.

And I know exactly what they're talking about, although I'm not sure I've ever heard that term.

#SMH
I heard it in the military and put the dude that said it in the hospital. I read somewhere that term applied to the "untameable" Blacks vs the ones that were docile.
I heard that term before as well.

I tire of repeating this.

If laws are applied unfairly at a local level, seek redress at the next level. It's not a difficult concept. The system has checks and balances.

Then don't repeat it. I didn't ask for your fucking explanation. I am black, fully understand how the system theoretically is supposed to work and I am telling you it doesn't work that way for us. There is ample evidence of it and I should be the one tired of repeating this.

Maybe you don't understand your own posts.. Undocumented doesn't mean it is a truth. It means not documents, which could also mean it is untrue. Not everything negative in peoples lives is because of race. Not all whites get the job they apply for, or the house they want to buy, etc. You try to make it seem as if all blacks should get whatever they apply for, just because they are black?
Sounds more like you dont understand english. How is getting rejected for a call back just because your name sounds Black have anything to do with getting every job you apply for you idiot? :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Sounds more like you dont understand english. How is getting rejected for a call back just because your name sounds Black have anything to do with getting every job you apply for you idiot? :rolleyes:

Use a phony name?

Use a phony name?

....and my white voice? I just might give that a whirl and see if it works. :laugh:

Use a phony name?

....and my white voice? I just might give that a whirl and see if it works. :laugh:

I read those stories, that's what I would do if I was black and had a weird name..

I would put on my resume bobby Brady

At least to get an interview...

I am telling you it doesn't work that way for us.

Every so often, it does.

Powell v. Alabama (1932)
The Supreme Court overturned the "Scottsboro Boys'" convictions and guaranteed counsel in state and federal courts.

Shelley v. Kraemer (1948)
The justices ruled that a court may not constitutionally enforce a "restrictive covenant" which prevents people of certain race from owning or occupying property.

Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka (1954)
Reversed Plessy v. Ferguson "separate but equal" ruling. "segregation [in public education] is a denial of the equal protection of the laws."

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964)
This case challenged the constitutionality of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The court ruled that the motel had no right "to select its guests as it sees fit, free from governmental regulation."

Loving v. Virginia (1967)
This decision ruled that the prohibition on interracial marriage was unconstitutional. Sixteen states that still banned interracial marriage at the time were forced to revise their laws.

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (1978)
The decision stated that affirmative action was unconstitutional in cases where the affirmative action program used a quota system.

Grutter v. Bollinger (2003)
The decision upheld affirmative action's constitutionality in education, as long it employed a "highly individualized, holistic review of each applicant's file" and did not consider race as a factor in a "mechanical way".

Every so often, it does.

Powell v. Alabama (1932)
The Supreme Court overturned the "Scottsboro Boys'" convictions and guaranteed counsel in state and federal courts.

The justices ruled that a court may not constitutionally enforce a "restrictive covenant" which prevents people of certain race from owning or occupying property.

Reversed Plessy v. Ferguson "separate but equal" ruling. "segregation [in public education] is a denial of the equal protection of the laws."

This case challenged the constitutionality of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The court ruled that the motel had no right "to select its guests as it sees fit, free from governmental regulation."

This decision ruled that the prohibition on interracial marriage was unconstitutional. Sixteen states that still banned interracial marriage at the time were forced to revise their laws.

The decision stated that affirmative action was unconstitutional in cases where the affirmative action program used a quota system.

The decision upheld affirmative action's constitutionality in education, as long it employed a "highly individualized, holistic review of each applicant's file" and did not consider race as a factor in a "mechanical way".

Lets take one at a time.

Powell v. Alabama (1932)

Did not stop blacks from being rounded up and accused of crimes they did not do and jailed.. Or worse. Ask Emmitt Till.

Has not stopped housing discrimination.

Did not stop segregated schools. Ex: “segregation academies.”

Has not stopped opposition to interracial marriage.

Quotas were 100 percent white before AA. This decision started the return to 100 percent white qoutas.

Denies that whites have always considered race as a factor in a "mechanical way" and continues doing so.

what utter bullsh*t.

If one hails from the bad side of town, one will be seeing all the bad things go down, the local LEO's will always be there,always assume you're part of it

because ....it's their job

Anecdotally , i didn't always live out in the middle of nowhere. I ended up where i am after living the nightmare of places most wouldn't let one's dog live

Trust me when i say the only white english speaking man is every bit a target , every bit a suspect in said environs

~S~

Every so often, it does.

Powell v. Alabama (1932)

Which one of those stopped Blacks from being profiled, harassed, discriminated against, or killed?

Forum List

Back