The Christian Tithe ripoff.

God made a promise through His prophet Malachi that if we paid an honest tithe. He would open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing on us so great that we would barely have room to receive it.

Law of tithing is simple. A tenth of your increase. And its between us and God.

I can tell you that I know for myself that God will keep this promise. He has provided for me and my family through miraculous means again and again. And the beauty of this is you don't have to take my word for it. Commit to paying an honest tithe and pay it and He will bless you.

God will bless who he wants, and they don't have to pay for it.

You think God is going to pour out His choicest blessings on those who are selfish and ungrateful with the stewardship God gave them? Its this type of hypocrisy that Malachi was preaching against.

God made a promise through His prophet Malachi that if we paid an honest tithe. He would open the windows of heaven and pour out a blessing on us so great that we would barely have room to receive it.

I can tell you that I know for myself that God will keep this promise. He has provided for me and my family through miraculous means again and again. And the beauty of this is you don't have to take my word for it. Commit to paying an honest tithe and pay it and He will bless you.

You think God is going to pour out His choicest blessings on those who are selfish and ungrateful with the stewardship God gave them? Its this type of hypocrisy that Malachi was preaching against.

Selfish and ungrateful people need God's love too. And you Christians can't block God from giving them the mercy they need.

You must forgive me ,I am not used to Christians posting on my threads ; they generally avoid me ; and for good reason. Some pass through but never suffer long ;they seem to sense that their way is just not my way. They know I can see through them.

God has a lot of overhead, so please fill the collection plate, god can't make any of his own.

God has a lot of overhead, so please fill the collection plate, god can't make any of his own.

God does not need money , its the Christians that need money.
So god won't share any of his dough with his followers? What a fucking cheapskate. :lol:

God does not have any money. And I hold no interest in your cursing mannerisms. I understand that you are addicted to using foul mouthed language , for your own personal joy , ;

I request again that you do not use it when your having speaks with me.

I mean if its possible.

I wonder why the Christians won't join me in thread?

Is it something I have said?
Oh, we'll join you all right. We condemn those pastors who profit from their congregations and preach feel good messages but not the Word to a fallen world. We condemn those who seek self glorification and riches at the expense of those they allow to fall into the pit. They already have their reward and will answer to Christ for the ones they lost.

We also, however, commend the multitude of pastors who toil in anonymity, living simple lives and serving their congregations. We also commend those who joyously give of their own wealth to support the earthly work of the Church. Their reward multiplies.

We commend the pastors who preach the entire Word and do not shrink from calling their flock to repent.

God does not need money , its the Christians that need money.
So god won't share any of his dough with his followers? What a fucking cheapskate. :lol:

God does not have any money. And I hold no interest in your cursing mannerisms. I understand that you are addicted to using foul mouthed language , for your own personal joy , ;

I request again that you do not use it when your having speaks with me.

I mean if its possible.
But god can make money, he made everything in the universe, didn't he? So why doesn't he makes some moolah for the churches? You know why? Because god thinks churches are douche and won't have anything to do with them. He lets them crumble, makes the priests beg like losers... Get the hint already.

Why, you think god is saving "His choicest blessings" for deluded fakers like mormons? :lmao:

Oh, we'll join you all right. We condemn those pastors who profit from their congregations and preach feel good messages but not the Word to a fallen world. We condemn those who seek self glorification and riches at the expense of those they allow to fall into the pit. They already have their reward and will answer to Christ for the ones they lost.

We also, however, commend the multitude of pastors who toil in anonymity, living simple lives and serving their congregations. We also commend those who joyously give of their own wealth to support the earthly work of the Church. Their reward multiplies.

We commend the pastors who preach the entire Word and do not shrink from calling their flock to repent.

Explain what "Their reward multiplies means. "You are suggesting that people who give money to churches are rewarded ; what is the reward? How does that reward multiply? Is that reward a promise from God? Can you show us in scripture this reward being promised in the NT?

Explain what "Their reward multiplies means. "You are suggesting that people who give money to churches are rewarded ; what is the reward? How does that reward multiply? Is that reward a promise from God? Can you show us in scripture this reward being promised in the NT?
First, You are incorrectly trying to restrict the topic only to giving money to churches. That's not all the giving that God values.

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

God values generosity. Those who give generously are rewarded in many ways. Here is Jesus praising the practice of sacrifice and offerings, showing us God's perspective. Specifically, He says nothing about doing away with the practice.
Matthew 23:23
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Jesus specifically praising a person who gives to the temple treasury:
Mark 12:41-44
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Now, if you're narrowly harping on whether Christians today are bound by God's law to rigidly give 10% of their increase to their local church, there's not too much to argue about. And, if your intention is to point out and condemn those pastors who live lavish lifestyles while their congregants suffer, again, not much to argue about. If, however, as I suspect, your true intention is simply to attack Christianity and you think you are somehow going to make the case that Christians joyfully giving to their Churches is not Scriptural, then you have already failed.

First, You are incorrectly trying to restrict the topic only to giving money to churches. That's not all the giving that God values.

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

God values generosity. Those who give generously are rewarded in many ways. Here is Jesus praising the practice of sacrifice and offerings, showing us God's perspective. Specifically, He says nothing about doing away with the practice.
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Now, if you're narrowly harping on whether Christians today are bound by God's law to rigidly give 10% of their increase to their local church, there's not too much to argue about. And, if your intention is to point out and condemn those pastors who live lavish lifestyles while their congregants suffer, again, not much to argue about. If, however, as I suspect, your true intention is simply to attack Christianity and you think you are somehow going to make the case that Christians joyfully giving to their Churches is not Scriptural, then you have already failed.

As long as the thread grows I have succeeded.

Not when you are shown to be incorrect, you have not.

I could care less what Christians show , all that matters to me is what I show. Welcome to thread , see how it grows.

I could care less what Christians show , all that matters to me is what I show. Welcome to thread , see how it grows.
When you're growing weeds, that's all you get. Enjoy your weeds.

When you're growing weeds, that's all you get. Enjoy your weeds.

I am not the only one enjoying it ; welcome to thread , see how many are interested.

The Origin of Tithing

Last edited:
I take money from the collection plate. Why, was I not suppose to?

You know, when God led the Hebrews out of Egypt to Israel, He didn't need money to feed them or take care of them. He sent them manna at night, and provided clothes that didn't wear out.

God doesn't give you what you want necessarily, but He will give you what you need.

You know, when God led the Hebrews out of Egypt to Israel, He didn't need money to feed them or take care of them. He sent them manna at night, and provided clothes that didn't wear out.

God doesn't give you what you want necessarily, but He will give you what you need.

God does not have any money. There is no money in heaven. But your right , God does not need money to bless people.

Forum List

Back