The Christian Tithe ripoff.

I have a solution. Quit tithing.

That's no solution, because when the other self righteous Christians see that you don't put anything in the plate, they will look at you with cold stares and talk about how cheap you are behind your back.

The better solution would be quit going to church.
Or, like our church does it, make online giving the primary way people give. That way, no one knows how much or how little anyone else gives. Isn't it wonderful when solutions are found that eliminate little gripes like that?

That's no solution, because when the other self righteous Christians see that you don't put anything in the plate, they will look at you with cold stares and talk about how cheap you are behind your back.

Or, like our church does it, make online giving the primary way people give. That way, no one knows how much or how little anyone else gives. Isn't it wonderful when solutions are found that eliminate little gripes like that?
The only thing to do is to take money from the plate. Eventually, they'll stop passing it to you.

The only thing to do is to take money from the plate. Eventually, they'll stop passing it to you.
In our church it's usually empty because most everyone gives online. They'll still pass it to you and you would just look foolish.

Give a million dollars to a poor guy in your neighborhood then you don't have to worry about tithing for the rest of your life. "As much as you have done it unto the least of them my brethren, you have done it unto me." or something like that.

In our church it's usually empty because most everyone gives online. They'll still pass it to you and you would just look foolish.
You mean everyone SAYS they give online. That's a good trick, I'll use that next time.

You mean everyone SAYS they give online. That's a good trick, I'll use that next time.
The Church budget seems to be in good order, so yeah, they do.

Next time what? Do people really ask you why you aren't giving? I wouldn't be surprised but I have never encountered a church like that.

Christians are more passive aggressive than that. They won't ask you directly why you aren't giving, but they will give you cold stares, as well as whisper about how cheap you are behind your back. I know, I've been in churches like that. Matter of fact, my foster parents made sure that I, as well as all the other kids in the family, had a couple of bucks to throw in, because they didn't want to be embarrassed.

However.................Christian tithing beats Mormon tithing, because the Bishop will actually go over how much you made that year with you and the church will demand 10 percent of what you earned.

Next time what? Do people really ask you why you aren't giving? I wouldn't be surprised but I have never encountered a church like that.

Christians are more passive aggressive than that. They won't ask you directly why you aren't giving, but they will give you cold stares, as well as whisper about how cheap you are behind your back. I know, I've been in churches like that. Matter of fact, my foster parents made sure that I, as well as all the other kids in the family, had a couple of bucks to throw in, because they didn't want to be embarrassed.

However.................Christian tithing beats Mormon tithing, because the Bishop will actually go over how much you made that year with you and the church will demand 10 percent of what you earned.

I have been an extremely generous person my whole life. I guess stares don't phase me. I don't create ridiculous illusions about people talking behind my back. There were years that I didn't give to the church because the pastor's salary was five times what mine was. I gave money to people around me. I have always gave away 10% of my income but rarely to the church. Stares don't phase me besides I can't read minds. They could be staring at me because they hate my shoes. There are millions of reasons to be paranoid and self conscious if you are determined enough to feel hated.

Nobody is required by law to attend a certain church. Where I live there are about 30 churches within a one mile span. The tithing thing is a non issue. If you hate giving then don't give. Problem solved. You get to keep your cash and nobody goes to jail.

Quit crying like a little bitch.

So you're generous and don't care about the stares.

Didn't say anything about you or what you think about stares.

Just told you my experiences with a Baptist church in Frenchtown MT that operated that way.

So you're generous and don't care about the stares.

Didn't say anything about you or what you think about stares.

Just told you my experiences with a Baptist church in Frenchtown MT that operated that way.

Just use 10% of your income to put a homeless guy up in a hotel for a night or two. The hell with the stares and the high paid preachers.

Just because the church is run by scam artist doesn't mean you can't tithe to God.

The priest singled me out during mass and said I was a cheapskate. I replied "fuck you, you fat pedophile!" And the whole congregation erupted with applause.

The priest singled me out during mass and said I was a cheapskate. I replied "fuck you, you fat pedophile!" And the whole congregation erupted with applause.

That's rare. I have never encountered a situation even remotely similar. It sounds like you handled it well. Was he a priest?

Those guys have nice houses. Stop giving money to them. If you are not giving money to them then what is the problem? Just stop giving them money. That way you won't have to worry about it anymore. It's simple as shit unless you are a fucking retard. STOP GIVING THEM MONEY! Problem solved. Shut the fuck up already. Those guys do have nice houses though.

Those guys have nice houses. Stop giving money to them. If you are not giving money to them then what is the problem? Just stop giving them money. That way you won't have to worry about it anymore. It's simple as shit unless you are a fucking retard. STOP GIVING THEM MONEY! Problem solved. Shut the fuck up already. Those guys do have nice houses though.

Over 2.2 billion people are giving to them weekly worldwide. Those people are not retards; they are deceived. Religious deception is very powerful.

Forum List

Back