The Christian Tithe ripoff.

We don't want your money , but you can give on the internet , use the ATM in the lobby , or make use of the popcorn bucket at collection time.

I don't want popcorn, I only take cash.
The popcorn was out in the lobby, along with the coffee. Now there's coffee and baked goods in the lobby since we're not in a theater any more. Sorry to disappoint you, but the buckets are empty except for some visitor cards. Not even much cash because most members give online.
Your church sucks. I bet your women aren't horny either.
Wow, you're juvenile.
I'm single, I'm looking for a horny single religious chick. Know any?
I wouldn't tell you either way. You'll just have to stay frustrated. So sorry, said no one in particular.
I hear religious chicks don't give any head. That true?

We don't want your money , but you can give on the internet , use the ATM in the lobby , or make use of the popcorn bucket at collection time.
If you're a visitor, no one's asking you to give anything. If you're a member, church expenses are known and the budget is known.

Again I say, come find out for yourself. The thing is, you won't. You would rather stay ignorant so you don't have to change your opinion and admit that there are churches that are doing it right and are not obsessed with money.

Actually the use of popcorn buckets instead of collection plates is stunning ; they hold much more money , the buckets are relatively inexspensive and the deacons can eat popcorn when they need new buckets.

The popcorn was out in the lobby, along with the coffee. Now there's coffee and baked goods in the lobby since we're not in a theater any more. Sorry to disappoint you, but the buckets are empty except for some visitor cards. Not even much cash because most members give online.
Your church sucks. I bet your women aren't horny either.
Wow, you're juvenile.
I'm single, I'm looking for a horny single religious chick. Know any?
I wouldn't tell you either way. You'll just have to stay frustrated. So sorry, said no one in particular.
I hear religious chicks don't give any head. That true?
I wouldn't tell you either way. You'll just have to stay uninformed. So sorry, said no one in particular.

Actually the use of popcorn buckets instead of collection plates is stunning ; they hold much more money , the buckets are relatively inexspensive and the deacons can eat popcorn when they need new buckets.
Which is stupid, because I already told you what goes in them. Are you actually paying attention or just spouting whatever occurs to you?

Which is stupid, because I already told you what goes in them. Are you actually paying attention or just spouting whatever occurs to you?

How about paying attention to the Sunday morning stick up;

How passing the plate becomes a 'Sunday morning stickup' - CNN.com

How about coming to our church and actually finding out?

I've been to enough churches , 30 years worth of going ; no thanks ,no more for me. I will never allow a church to get between me and God again. I don't need that crutch to walk.

How about showing the people reading , any new testament scriptures that show giving the clergy a salary.

This I got to see.

Most folks possess common sense. Too bad you don't.

Translation; you can't show any New Testament scriptures that teach supporting the clergy with a salary, because " There are none!" But see Christian , I already knew you could not show what is not there in the bible; its just all in your mind. Its what you been taught all your life.

Its just wrong ; but you are not able to see this.

You can't get everything from a book. One must also have a little common sense. Does the Bible say anything about my contributing to your Obamacare insurance policy? Congratulations. You are without doubt one of the most ignorant people I have ever conversed with. You are a total loser.

Politics and religion don't mix ya moron. Spirituality should never be mixed in with politics as a way to rule a country. If you do that, you have a theocracy, which is what most Muslim countries have.

Who put politics in here? Are you daft?

You're the one who brought up Obamacare and tried to mix it with a discussion about the Bible.

I've been to enough churches , 30 years worth of going ; no thanks ,no more for me. I will never allow a church to get between me and God again. I don't need that crutch to walk.
Then you are arguing from ignorance and intending to stay that way. You are condemning all churches based on your own limited experiences and refusing to even find out if there are some out there doing it right. Don't get me wrong, there are bad churches out there, and quite frankly, I don't pay attention to the televised ones because they are generally wrapped up in money. But there are also a lot of really good ones that are not.

Then you are arguing from ignorance and intending to stay that way. You are condemning all churches based on your own limited experiences and refusing to even find out if there are some out there doing it right. Don't get me wrong, there are bad churches out there, and quite frankly, I don't pay attention to the televised ones because they are generally wrapped up in money. But there are also a lot of really good ones that are not.

I don't condemn churches , its the Christian churches that teach condemnation to their hell. There are no " Really good churches" , and some churches may be better than others. Churches are no longer for me , I don't need them. I walk alone . I left Egypt long ago and I am not going back ; I am no longer bound. I walk a different path.

I don't condemn churches , its the Christian churches that teach condemnation to their hell. There are no " Really good churches" , and some churches may be better than others. Churches are no longer for me , I don't need them. I walk alone . I left Egypt long ago and I am not going back ; I am no longer bound. I walk a different path.
The true Church is a community of believers that spans all denominational boundaries and is contained by none of them. You cannot walk alone as you are easy prey for the enemy. You can be bound by him and not even realize it.

The true Church is a community of believers that spans all denominational boundaries and is contained by none of them. You cannot walk alone as you are easy prey for the enemy. You can be bound by him and not even realize it.

If your statement that the true Church is a community of believers that spans all denominational boundaries, then answer me this......................

Why is it that Northern and Southern Baptists can never get along, even though both belong to the Baptist branch of Christianity?

There is no true church on earth now. There is no church that is like a light on a hill; in my biblical understanding ,God has not yet called out his church for these times. But when he does ,I think they will be quite something, I only wish I live to see them. They will not have pastors or leaders, the holy spirit will lead them. There is no church like that now ; that is how one can biblically see them. Its how I know they are not yet here.

If your statement that the true Church is a community of believers that spans all denominational boundaries, then answer me this......................

Why is it that Northern and Southern Baptists can never get along, even though both belong to the Baptist branch of Christianity?
I don't know, I'm not a Baptist. They are not following Christ's command, now are they, where He said that the world would know we are His disciples by our love for one another? This is why I keep saying that you need to stop focusing on the big denominational churches who are more concerned with money and denominational identity than they are about being Christ's ambassadors to the world and each others' brothers. There are a lot of smaller ones out there that focus more on Christ's commands.

There is no true church on earth now. There is no church that is like a light on a hill; in my biblical understanding ,God has not yet called out his church for these times. But when he does ,I think they will be quite something, I only wish I live to see them. They will not have pastors or leaders, the holy spirit will lead them. There is no church like that now ; that is how one can biblically see them. Its how I know they are not yet here.
That is not true. God has had His church out there all the time, even though you have become jaded and can't see it. Yes, the Holy Spirit leads that church, but there will always be a need for pastors and leaders. That is God ordained.

What we see in America now is what happens to the Church when it is not challenged, when it is accepted and becomes culturally dominant. It becomes stagnant and more concerned with things like money and power than the things of God. Don't worry, as things become darker, even small lights become brighter. The Church will shine.

That is not true. God has had His church out there all the time, even though you have become jaded and can't see it. Yes, the Holy Spirit leads that church, but there will always be a need for pastors and leaders. That is God ordained.

What we see in America now is what happens to the Church when it is not challenged, when it is accepted and becomes culturally dominant. It becomes stagnant and more concerned with things like money and power than the things of God. Don't worry, as things become darker, even small lights become brighter. The Church will shine.

A group is coming that will not need pastors ; I John 2:27 they will NOT NEED teaching from anyone. These believers will not be crutch Christians that are needy.

The churches in this world now will stay like they are; silently led by satan devil.

A group is coming that will not need pastors ; I John 2:27 they will NOT NEED teaching from anyone. These believers will not be crutch Christians that are needy.

The churches in this world now will stay like they are; silently led by satan devil.
1 John 2:24-27
24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

As you can see, it does not that there is coming a group that doesn't need pastors or leaders. The early church had pastors and leaders.

1 John 2:24-27
24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

As you can see, it does not that there is coming a group that doesn't need pastors or leaders. The early church had pastors and leaders.

The end of churches and Christianity is near ; but you don't take away a pacifier without the baby crying.

Forum List

Back