The Christian Tithe ripoff.

Well, I am not doing so. I am stating that there are congregations that are indeed more worried about money, power and prestige than the lost, and Christ will deal with them, as you pointed out from Rev. I am, however, also stating that there are congregations that are less worried about money than they are about the lost and about discipling the faithful. You're basically throwing the baby out with the bath water by declaring ALL congregations guilty because some are.

The prosperity gospel is a crock as far as I am concerned. God chooses to bless financially whom He will bless and His criteria are not ours. I do believe that God blesses and provides for those who faithfully give, but I will not say that if you give X amount, you will receive Y amount.

Can you list 10 bible verses which state God blesses those who give?

I mean , just 10? I am curious to see them.

Oh and if you can , 10 verses that state God will bless you if you give money to a church.
1. Note that I did not say "God promises to enrich those who give to a church". I said I believe that God blesses and provides for those who faithfully give. I say that from personal experience. There is a promise to Israel, however, that God will bless them if they are faithful, and we know that God does not change. From Malachi 3:
8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.

2. Consider this passage from 2 Corinthians 9:
6 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9 As it is written:

“They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor;
their righteousness endures forever.”
10 Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

12 This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13 Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14 And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15 Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

This is the model from the early Church. From Acts 2:
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.

Is it any wonder those outside the Church can't understand why Christians today are expected to be generous, and should be giving to help those in need? Is it any wonder that charlatans pop up and try to scam the faithful? So why do we give to a Church today? Because the Church is world wide and there is no one organization to give to any more. We give to our local congregations so they can carry on the work in our communities, as well as around the world.

I'm ignoring your "10 verses" thing. That's simplistic.

Your ignoring it because its the smart thing to do; there are not ten verses of God commanding the people to give money to a church; they are exactly NONE! But the Christian mind does not need a command from God , they just need a command from their ministry.
And you're clearly ignoring the Scriptures I posted. Read them.

God is not against giving, but God has NEVER commanded his people to tithe to a church , Jesus NEVER taught tithing to a church , and neither God or Christ EVER taught that they would bless you if you tithe. You cannot produce these scriptures , be3cause they don't exist in the bible; but Christians don't need things to be in the bible, only to be in their belief. Like the Trinity ; nowhere in the bible period , but every where in Christian belief.
Did you read the Scriptures I posted?

If the church needs money, why don't they ask god? He a cheapskate or something?
Because God expects us to make use of the abilities He gave us.
What ability is it to pass around a plate demanding money?
See, that's where you're wrong. I have yet to be part of a church that demanded money.
Is that the church of the brokeass mountain?
Which one, the one I said I was never a part of?
So you don't give money to the church you don't go to. Got it. So, like, why are you here again?

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

OP is a lie.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7

Because God expects us to make use of the abilities He gave us.
What ability is it to pass around a plate demanding money?
See, that's where you're wrong. I have yet to be part of a church that demanded money.
Is that the church of the brokeass mountain?
Which one, the one I said I was never a part of?
So you don't give money to the church you don't go to. Got it. So, like, why are you here again?
To correct a lot of misinformation I see posted. Why are you here?

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

OP is a lie.

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
That is my point. Jesus raised the bar on a lot of things. The Law said that if you kill someone, you are guilty of murder. He said that if you hold hate in your heart for someone, you are just as guilty. The Law said that you should not commit adultery. He said that if you lusted after someone else, you are just as guilty. The Law says to give 10%. He says to be generous, and that doesn't stop at 10%.

OP is a lie.

That is my point. Jesus raised the bar on a lot of things. The Law said that if you kill someone, you are guilty of murder. He said that if you hold hate in your heart for someone, you are just as guilty. The Law said that you should not commit adultery. He said that if you lusted after someone else, you are just as guilty. The Law says to give 10%. He says to be generous, and that doesn't stop at 10%.
Again, read s l o w l y

If giving nothing makes you cheerful, great. If giving all your processions makes you cheerful, great. Imagine if the IRS worked that way.

OP is a lie.

Show us where God or Jesus or Any Apostle commanded the church to tithe. Answer S L O W L Y

OP is a lie.

Show us where God or Jesus or Any Apostle commanded the church to tithe. Answer S L O W L Y

Really? And you started this thread?

Leviticus 27:30

Numbers 18:26

Deuteronomy 14:22-29

1 Samuel 15:22

2 Chronicles 31:5

Matthew 5:17-19

James 1:5

OP is a lie.

Ahhh ,now the Christian rip off is getting bold ; finally! Now, Matt. 5 , James 1 and 2 Corinth. 9:7 say absolutely NOTHING about tithing; but IF you want to deceive people and manipulate the bible , then one can be untruthful and claim its talking about tithing. Notice the Christians are starting to get desperate, posting scriptures that don't mention tithing , in order to support tithing. Its their way.

OP is a lie.

Ahhh ,now the Christian rip off is getting bold ; finally! Now, Matt. 5 , James 1 and 2 Corinth. 9:7 say absolutely NOTHING about tithing; but IF you want to deceive people and manipulate the bible , then one can be untruthful and claim its talking about tithing. Notice the Christians are starting to get desperate, posting scriptures that don't mention tithing , in order to support tithing. Its their way.
Leviticus 27:30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.

Game Over

OP is a lie.

Leviticus 27:30 “‘A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.

Game Over

Oh no , the Old Covenant is over ; yet even in that scripture the tithe is clearly "Land and grain and fruit" , NEVER money! But greedy Christians changed the scripture into meaning money ; you know , like your trying to do now.

Same spirit , same motivation ; same deception , same old lie.

OP is a lie.

Game Over

Oh no , the Old Covenant is over ; yet even in that scripture the tithe is clearly "Land and grain and fruit" , NEVER money! But greedy Christians changed the scripture into meaning money ; you know , like your trying to do now.

Moonbat thinks Jesus came to tear down the law.
New Testament, dufus:

Game Over

Moonbat thinks Jesus came to tear down the law.
New Testament, dufus:

I hold no need to call anyone names , such is a Christian practice; the Christian tithe is a compulsion to give 10% or be cursed . The original tithe was food , not money. The Christian church has inherited lies;

Jeremiah 16:19," Surely our fathers have inherited lies , vanity and things of no profit."

Christians rip off the tithes, just like their trying to rip off sinners from being in God's Kingdom.

What is the curse of the tithe?

Do we go blind if we do not give? Do you loose a limb? Do loosing our teeth? What is the curse? Do we get retarted?

You are correct.

You are correct.

Well thank you.

Forum List

Back