The city of Charleston South Carolina formally apologizes for its role in slavery

What exactly am I being "paid back" for?
The sins of your forefathers
You think people should be punished for the sins of their parents, grand parents, etc?

You will be punished for your continuing to commit the same sins as your parents and grandparents.
What are you talking about? We are just fine. In fact, we laugh about those sins all the time. It's funny to us.

Keep on laughing. But you see, in the end, I and others like me will have the last laugh.
C9di.gif

I was there to see white only drinking fountains white only bathrooms black soldiers having to sit in back of diners and they were American soldiers
...and I know you used the right drinking fountain, like a good boy. Just like you were told. That's embarrassing. I would never stand for that, but I'm not weak.

You are weak. That's why your weak ass doesn't enter a mostly black forum to express yourself while we are here in a mostly white one wearing you out.

Charleston formally apologizes for its role in slavery

A southern city is formally apologizing for its dark past.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

charleston-slavery-history-03-ap-jc-180620_hpEmbed_12x13_992.jpg
AP
For some of them it was a step up. The learned metal working, house building, furniture making, farming methods, while their owners just got stupid and fat. They were brought over starting about 1803 and stopped in or about 1865. They did better after being freed because they were paid for their skills. So it was really a trade off. Some not so good. They died by there owners. For those it was sad, but it is part of our history.

Fake news.

Don't know which is worse ,,being here with republican louts or checking on the Trump DOW ONLY OFF 550

I was there to see white only drinking fountains white only bathrooms black soldiers having to sit in back of diners and they were American soldiers
...and I know you used the right drinking fountain, like a good boy. Just like you were told. That's embarrassing. I would never stand for that, but I'm not weak.

You are weak. That's why your weak ass doesn't enter a mostly black forum to express yourself while we are here in a mostly white one wearing you out.
Goofyboy is the biggest wuss east and west of the meridian.

Charleston, South Carolina, has approved a resolution that condemns and apologizes for the centuries of human slavery that were supported and promoted by its former lawmakers. The city council's 12 members voted 7-5 to adopt the symbolic resolution Tuesday night, coinciding with "Juneteenth," the celebratory anniversary of the abolition of slavery in the United States.

The port city played a major role in the Atlantic slave trade. Nearly half of the people who were abducted from their homes in Africa and shipped to the United States to be sold into slavery took their first steps on American soil in Charleston. Slaves made up almost half of the city's population before the start of the American Civil War, according to the International African American Museum in Charleston.

"This is the modern city council which feels the need to make an apology for the institution of slavery in the city of Charleston," Charleston councilman William Dudley Gregorie, who helped author and shepherd the resolution, told ABC News in a telephone interview before Tuesday's vote.

AP
For some of them it was a step up. The learned metal working, house building, furniture making, farming methods, while their owners just got stupid and fat. They were brought over starting about 1803 and stopped in or about 1865. They did better after being freed because they were paid for their skills. So it was really a trade off. Some not so good. They died by there owners. For those it was sad, but it is part of our history.
This is kinda false. Africans came to the US with most of these skills already. They were first enslaved because they (Africans) knew how to grow rice. Many were already metal workers or Blacksmiths in Africa.

Blacksmiths of western Africa - Wikipedia
:laugh:
Hurts dont it? :laugh:
Yeah man, your fake history is super painful. :laugh:

It hurts you even more when you do the research and learn how your white history is actually the revised version.

AP
This is kinda false. Africans came to the US with most of these skills already. They were first enslaved because they (Africans) knew how to grow rice. Many were already metal workers or Blacksmiths in Africa.

Its not my history thats fake. Its your history thats fake. We know its due to your insecurity. Thats why I know the facts hurt you.
laugh.gif

I'm still waiting for thIe Democrats to apologize for their Jim Crow laws

Both parties participated in Jim Crow.

Truth. Jim Crow as well as opposition to the civil rights act was endorsed by white SOUTHERN politicians in both parties.

Neither party has clean hands. They are both corrupt.
Think if you check no Republicans lived in the South.

That is untrue.

“The lily-white movement was an all-white faction of the Republican Party in the Southern United States in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It battled and usually defeated the biracial element called the Black-and-tan faction.

During Reconstruction, following the U.S. Civil War, black leaders in Texas and around the country gained increasing influence in the Republican Party by organizing blacks as an important voting bloc. Conservative whites attempted to eliminate this influence and recover white voters who had defected to the Democratic Party. The effort was largely successful in eliminating African-American influence in the Republican Party leading to black voters predominantly migrating to the Democratic Party for much of the 20th century.

The term lily-white movement was coined by Texas Republican leader Norris Wright Cuney, who used the term in an 1888 Republican convention to describe efforts by white conservatives to oust blacks from positions of Texas party leadership and incite riots to divide the party.[1] The term came to be used nationally to describe this ongoing movement as it further developed in the early 20th century,[2] including through the administration of Herbert Hoover. Localized movements began immediately after the war but by the beginning of the 20th century the effort had become national.”

“This movement is largely credited with driving blacks out of the Republican party during the early 20th century, setting the stage for their eventual support of the Democrats.”

Michael K. Fauntroy - Republicans and the Black vote

I'm still waiting for the Democrats to apologize for their Jim Crow laws

Bull
No its true. Both parties supported Jim Crow. It was a bipartisan effort. How do we know? The repubs turned the other way as Reconstruction was dismantled, land returned to white plantation owners, and Jim Crow became the law of the south. It was called the Compromise of 1877.

Last edited:
The sins of your forefathers
You think people should be punished for the sins of their parents, grand parents, etc?

You will be punished for your continuing to commit the same sins as your parents and grandparents.
What are you talking about? We are just fine. In fact, we laugh about those sins all the time. It's funny to us.

Keep on laughing. But you see, in the end, I and others like me will have the last laugh.
C9di.gif

Men like you laughed at Noah as he put the last few animals in the ark on that sunny day. Then the next day it started raining.

Bull
No its true. Both parties supported Jim Crow. It was a bipartisan effort. How do we know? The repubs turned the other way as Reconstruction was dismantled, land returned to white plantation owners, and Jim Crow became the law of the south

Rutherford Hayes agreed to end reconstruction as part of a deal to make him president. Compromise of 1876.

Wearing me out? You are my morning amusement. :laugh:

Yeah, that's it, tha's the ticket.

DOW off 615 Guess Obama rally is over Trump can take it from here

Bull
No its true. Both parties supported Jim Crow. It was a bipartisan effort. How do we know? The repubs turned the other way as Reconstruction was dismantled, land returned to white plantation owners, and Jim Crow became the law of the south

Rutherford Hayes agreed to end reconstruction as part of a deal to make him president. Compromise of 1876.
Exactly. Post Civil War repubs turned their backs on Blacks just when they could have made a difference.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Its not my history thats fake. Its your history thats fake. We know its due to your insecurity. Thats why I know the facts hurt you.
laugh.gif
The best part is, as much as you want it to be true, even you know it isnt. That always makes me giggle.

But since it is true apparetly he doesn't want for anything.

laugh.gif
The best part is, as much as you want it to be true, even you know it isnt. That always makes me giggle.
People giggle a lot when they cant handle the facts In your case its stress relief.

Apologizing is Un-American, at least to those who have watched "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" too many times.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back