The Collapsing American Middle Class

Water, airwaves, Ma Bell, utilities, Microsoft (in the day), steel, oil, health insurance, roads, the post office, law enforcement, the courts, the military

Name monopolies that were created by Republicans

Water, airwaves, Ma Bell, utilities, Microsoft (in the day), steel, oil, health insurance, roads, the post office, law enforcement, the courts, the military

You already have. Keep in mind that Republican/Democrat ideology changed in the 60's.

You're saying all those monopolies were created by Republicans? You're full of shit

You're saying all those monopolies were created by Republicans? You're full of shit

And Democrats prior to the mid 60's ideological change.

so address your point what monopolies were created by "Republicans"

Every corporate monopoly created in the US was created by Republicans, and prior to the ideological change of the 60's, Democrats.

So you can't name any, you just know they're there? What monopolies are you referring to that you oppose that "Republicans" created? You just seem to be making shit up again

When they are struggling. Saves the jobs of the ones who are left. Unions drive companies to Mexico to survive and then they all lose their jobs

When they are struggling. Saves the jobs of the ones who are left. Unions drive companies to Mexico to survive and then they all lose their jobs

Unfortunately, the definition of 'struggling' has changed to 'not making record profits.'

Sometimes, sometimes not. You know zero about business

I know enough to make more money per year than you'll make in your entire life.

How do you know that? Arrogance?

I made $4.6M last year.

How did you do that without knowing even the most basic concepts in business. Trust fund baby?

Dunce. Name one monopoly today.

Walmart.
Walmart isn't a monopoly and it's getting its ass kicked by Amazon.

Walmart isn't a monopoly, but it is large enough that other retailers have had to change their labor and hiring practices to stay competitive. Walmart's policies have lead to a decline in the wages paid to retail workers across the board, in the US.

You already have. Keep in mind that Republican/Democrat ideology changed in the 60's.

And Democrats prior to the mid 60's ideological change.

Every corporate monopoly created in the US was created by Republicans, and prior to the ideological change of the 60's, Democrats.

So you can't name any, you just know they're there? What monopolies are you referring to that you oppose that "Republicans" created? You just seem to be making shit up again

I named them all.

Unfortunately, the definition of 'struggling' has changed to 'not making record profits.'

I made $4.6M last year.

How did you do that without knowing even the most basic concepts in business. Trust fund baby?

Which basic concept do I not know?

I made $4.6M last year.

You've demonstrated zero knowledge of basic business concepts in any discussions we've had. You just parrot the ignorant bigotry of leftist lawyers while you claim you know that because of your success at business which you know nothing about

Walmart.

Walmart isn't a monopoly, but it is large enough that other retailers have had to change their labor and hiring practices to stay competitive. Walmart's policies have lead to a decline in the wages paid to retail workers across the board, in the US.

A monopoly is a market situation in which a single supplier makes an entire industry for a good or service.

Walmart is the largest supplier of retail company in the world. If you want to sell at Walmart, Walmart will dictate everything, INCLUDING how much they will pay you for your product. Monopoly.

I made $4.6M last year.

You've demonstrated zero knowledge of basic business concepts in any discussions we've had. You just parrot the ignorant bigotry of leftist lawyers while you claim you know that because of your success at business which you know nothing about

Again, which basic concept do I not know? No bloviating this time.

Walmart.

Sure it is. Walmart sets the price they sell for, they buy for, how they stock, procure, receive shipments, how the product is packaged, etc. In other words, if you want to sell your product at Walmart, Walmart will dictate how to run your business to do that.

Walmart is a retail company. Amazon is virtual. Apples and Oranges.
Every company decides what price to sell for, what price to buy for, how to stock etc.
Have you actually worked anyplace?

Why is walmart used? One cannot survive on what they pay....if you call those jobs we are inin a world of hurt.

Walmart.

A monopoly is a market situation in which a single supplier makes an entire industry for a good or service.

Walmart is the largest supplier of retail company in the world. If you want to sell at Walmart, Walmart will dictate everything, INCLUDING how much they will pay you for your product. Monopoly.
WalMart is not a single supplier.
Congratulations. You have just disproven your own post.

Walmart.

Sure it is. Walmart sets the price they sell for, they buy for, how they stock, procure, receive shipments, how the product is packaged, etc. In other words, if you want to sell your product at Walmart, Walmart will dictate how to run your business to do that.

Walmart is a retail company. Amazon is virtual. Apples and Oranges.
Every company decides what price to sell for, what price to buy for, how to stock etc.

Not if you sell to Walmart.

My last job as an employee was the United States Coast Guard (1975-77). Since that time I've been the owner of the company.

Walmart.

Learn how to read: 'Walmart is the largest supplier of retail company in the world.'

Walmart.

Monopoly doesn't mean you're the biggest choice, it means you're the only choice. Wal-Mart's are closing across the country because of Amazon and warehouse (Costco, ...) including one about 5 miles from my house. In no sense of the word are they a "monopoly." Once again you show your extremely limited business knowledge

I made $4.6M last year.

Well, Wal-Mart being a monopoly for one. Another is you know nothing about hiring people. You don't know that if you can hire someone for $5 an hour they can't get a better job but you can get a better employee for $10 an hour. You don't know that cheaper prices allow consumers to buy more with the money they have. You don't know shit about any business

Walmart.

Learn how to read: 'Walmart is the largest supplier of retail company in the world.'

Exactly, which is not what a "monopoly" is. By your definition every industry would be a monopoly since every one has a largest player

Walmart.

Monopoly doesn't mean you're the biggest choice, it means you're the only choice. Wal-Mart's are closing across the country because of Amazon and warehouse (Costco, ...) including one about 5 miles from my house. In no sense of the word are they a "monopoly." Once again you show your extremely limited business knowledge

Monopoly doesn't mean you're the biggest choice, it means you're the only choice.

If you want to sell product, Walmart is your only choice to succeed. Don't believe me? Name a product company that doesn't sell at Walmart?

Wal-Mart's are closing across the country because of Amazon and warehouse (Costco, ...) including one about 5 miles from my house.

No, their redevelopment subsidies dried up.

In Henderson, NV, there is a Walmart Superstore less than a mile from a Costco. No indication that Costco is taking any of their business, after all, not everyone needs a five gallon container of mayonnaise, or a 400 pack of tube socks.

In no sense of the word are they a "monopoly." Once again you show your extremely limited business knowledge

I made $4.6M last year.

Well, Wal-Mart being a monopoly for one. Another is you know nothing about hiring people. You don't know that if you can hire someone for $5 an hour they can't get a better job but you can get a better employee for $10 an hour. You don't know that cheaper prices allow consumers to buy more with the money they have. You don't know shit about any business

I've proven my point about monopolies.

I consistently hire good employees away from my competitors, which is why I have less and less competition.

Does Walmart actually have cheaper prices? Remember, Walmart dictates packaging. I think Target has lower prices.

Exactly, which is not what a "monopoly" is. By your definition every industry would be a monopoly since every one has a largest player

Name an industry and the largest player that work the same as Walmart who dictates EVERY aspect.

Walmart.

Monopoly doesn't mean you're the biggest choice, it means you're the only choice.
If you want to sell product, Walmart is your only choice to succeed. Don't believe me? Name a product company that doesn't sell at Walmart?

And you make $4.6 large with that logic? You're a joke. A monopoly means you're the only conduit, not that you are a conduit

Wal-Mart's are closing across the country because of Amazon and warehouse (Costco, ...) including one about 5 miles from my house.
No, their redevelopment subsidies dried up.

In Henderson, NV, there is a Walmart Superstore less than a mile from a Costco. No indication that Costco is taking any of their business, after all, not everyone needs a five gallon container of mayonnaise, or a 400 pack of tube socks.

You make 4.6 large and you go by anecdotal stories. yeah. no ...

In no sense of the word are they a "monopoly." Once again you show your extremely limited business knowledge

Forum List

Back