The college majors that make you the most and the least money

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
The Most (And Least) Lucrative College Majors, In 1 Graph : Planet Money : NPR

Figures are median income for all full-time workers with bachelor's degrees in each subject. Workers with graduate degrees are not included in the data.

majors-earnings.jpg

• Banned
No surprises here. It's all about science and engineering. The idiots who major in liberal arts BS just go to college to party around.

I had a friend that got a Petroleum Eng. degree worked at it for a couple of years, went back to school and got a journalism degree, then worked for the post office, then he got a PHD in philosophy.
Just so he could be with another guy we went to school with a PHD in philosophy to operate an Native American living encampment.
Gheesh.
We all went to Okie University.

Last edited:
College major that makes you the most amount of precious money...

Or the life that is most fulfilling?

Have you been brainwashed enough?

No surprises here. It's all about science and engineering. The idiots who major in liberal arts BS just go to college to party around.

And what degree do you hold, shitforbrains?

He won't answer. He always runs and hides at this point.

Figures are median income for all full-time workers with bachelor's degrees in each subject. Workers with graduate degrees are not included in the data.

majors-earnings.jpg

Useless to anyone picking a major now.

The future is STEM for sure, but it's not going to be in "Petroleum Engineering." That is such a niche field.

I love how my major never makes the press, but when I take a look at the members of the DSI most are quite successful.

Excellent example of clean debate.
Did your precious slave "degree" bestow to you such a high and mighty ability to reason?

:lol:

Last edited:

Excellent example of clean debate.
Did your precious slave "degree" bestow to you such a high and mighty ability to reason?

:lol:

What's a "precious slave degree"? And, apparently you are unfamiliar with Shitshisspeedo's posting history. Live and learn.

My second major was electronics/electrical engineering. I had to learn about electricity so I could get my shorts out of my ass.

The oil and gas industries need thousands more engineers. And the demand will only increase with time.

Every industry in this and other nations need more engineers. The world economy, on the whole, has not produced the people educated in the fields it takes to sustain our technology. On my level, we simply cannot get enough qualified millwrights and electricians, and on the level just above, getting engineers is equally difficult. Here, and everywhere else, the media, movies, tv, ect. simply portrays the people that do the everyday work that powers the world economy as klutzes, and glorifies the people with the guns and useless jobs, like athletes.

I studied Art (painting) in college, had a great time, and I still have done very well. It is not easy being successful as an artist though.

I played music for 20 years first, and then got serious.

Last edited:

majors-earnings.jpg

The future is STEM for sure, but it's not going to be in "Petroleum Engineering." That is such a niche field.

I love how my major never makes the press, but when I take a look at the members of the DSI most are quite successful.

I saw the same thing when I went to college. The oil crisis hit in the early 70s and salaries of Petroleum Engineers went through the roof. Everyone went into Chemical Engineering with an eye towards making the big money. By the time we graduated, the oil crisis had faded and the market was swamped with Chemical Engineers

majors-earnings.jpg

I saw the same thing when I went to college. The oil crisis hit in the early 70s and salaries of Petroleum Engineers went through the roof. Everyone went into Chemical Engineering with an eye towards making the big money. By the time we graduated, the oil crisis had faded and the market was swamped with Chemical Engineers

I remember my uncle talking about that, he's an organic chemist. He writes books about diet and metabolism now.

College major that makes you the most amount of precious money...

Or the life that is most fulfilling?

Have you been brainwashed enough?

HAHAHA. You think a useless silly degree in french literature or media ecology is fulfilling???

[

l.

I hear you. A degree in math or physics is prolly the best bet for the future. If you're good at math you're good at everything technical.

Forum List

Back