The Constitution regarding President qualification has a lower age limit, should it also have an upper limit?

Should there be an upper age limit that disqualifies one from serving as President?

• Total voters

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
One of the qualifications to serve as President is that the person must be at least 35 years old. My question is whether the Constitution should deal with the opposite end of the age spectrum as well? For sake of example, disqualify any person who is age 77 or above at time of his/her inauguration.

Old Presidents aren't the problem - it's old voters we need to worry about.

Guess we do. Certainly cant leave that obvious super negative quality to the dumb ass voters to decide on.
Fucking idiots.

If you are blessed to live to be 150+ and you want to run for president you should be allowed to do so, and make history just for running.

One of the qualifications to serve as President is that the person must be at least 35 years old. My question is whether the Constitution should deal with the opposite end of the age spectrum as well? For sake of example, disqualify any person who is age 77 or above at time of his/her inauguration.

Only if that age requirment was openly and fairly implemented. Mr. Biden is 3-Years older than P01135809. I see where is going. IF Mr. Biden is to old to run, so is Orange Shit Gibbon.

Upper limit should be 63, then a 4 year term means you can't be president from 67 onwards.

No. Consider this. Bernie Sanders is older than Biden. Yet he is still intelligent. Unfortunately he is a goddam Communist. But he could take Biden apart in a debate.

Only if that age requirment was openly and fairly implemented. Mr. Biden is 3-Years older than P01135809. I see where is going. IF Mr. Biden is to old to run, so is Orange Shit Gibbon.
Did you read what you wrote before you hit post? Biden is older than Trump so if Biden is too old so is Trump........ ? Can you walk me through that logic?

Why?Why don't you give reasons why this would even be an issue. Do you want to restrict who people can vote for? Do you believe making 77 a limit could be easily reversed if living to 100 were someday the norm?

Your 2 cents appears to be Monopoly Cash for kids ages 8 and up

Why?Why don't you give reasons why this would even be an issue. Do you want to restrict who people can vote for? Do you believe making 77 a limit could be easily reversed if living to 100 were someday the norm?

There probably should be a cognitive exam done by a neutral doctor or team of doctors which determines if someone is mentally fit to serve? I get that anything could be manipulated but I think the boomer generation is proving that something needs to be done. They just wont go quietly into retirement.

There probably should be a cognitive exam done by a neutral doctor or team of doctors which determines if someone is mentally fit to serve? I get that anything could be manipulated but I think the boomer generation is proving that something needs to be done. They just wont go quietly into retirement.

Campaigns would show problems. No way a whole campaign team would cover shit like that up. You're stuck being tied to narratives recently spun by partisan warriors.

next

Why? An upper age limit makes as much sense as a lower limit. What makes no sense at all is the two-term limitation.

Why? An upper age limit makes as much sense as a lower limit. What makes no sense at all is the two-term limitation.

What was the reasoning when the age limit was enacted? Do you even know? Because that my dear friend is what you are arguing with.

And the term limit? I'm usually against term limits, but this one may be the exception that proves the rule. Unlike you, I'd research it before I started acting like I knew it all.

Forum List

Back