🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Cult of Donald Trump

Discussion.

Great. Can you explain what the difference is then between the Democratic Party and Trump? If we follow your bolded text then it appears there really is not much of a difference.

The democratic party is more humane and does not discriminate.
Also, I don't think you can compare a political party to an individual. We are talking about psychology, not political parties.

In the OP, the characteristics of cult leaders are outlined. I am wondering how much people agree or disagree how well Trump, the individual as a leader fits those characteristics and to what degree his base conform to the characteristics of cult followers.

It's social psychology.
And?

Hence, the comparison.

Is Donald Trump a cult leader? His base seems to be as deeply loyal as cult followers, and Trump himself seems to have the charateristics of a cult leader,

"Having studied at length the life, teachings, and behaviors of Jim Jones (Jonestown Guyana), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Stewart Traill (The Church of Bible Understanding), Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo), Joseph Di Mambro (The Order of the Solar Temple aka Ordre du Temple Solaire), Marshall Heff Applewhit (Heaven’s Gate), Bhagwan Rajneesh (Rajneesh Movement), and Warren Jeffs (polygamist leader), what stands out about these individuals is that they were or are all pathologically narcissistic. They all have or had an over-abundant belief that they were special, that they and they alone had the answers to problems, and that they had to be revered. They demanded perfect loyalty from followers, they overvalued themselves and devalued those around them, they were intolerant of criticism, and above all they did not like being questioned or challenged. And yet, in spite of these less than charming traits, they had no trouble attracting those who were willing to overlook these features."
Dangerous Cult Leaders

Open for discussion.

What do you hope to gain?
Discussion.

Great. Can you explain what the difference is then between the Democratic Party and Trump? If we follow your bolded text then it appears there really is not much of a difference.

In what ways are they more humane?

Simple, when the ship sinks it will be the dems who throw you a life jacket, not the GOP.

The elites just care they got their taxes cut, the corps got deregulation, some whites wanted to kick all brown skinned out of the country, what we have left is the poor who want to go back to the coal mines and steel factories to reopen. That is his cult following, the elites who do not want to pay taxes.

The Democratic Party supported deregulation of the banks. Some whites have always wanted to kick brown people out of the country. Now this is curious: what we have left is the poor who want to go back to the coal mines and steel factories to reopen.

Could you expand on that?

What do you hope to gain?
Discussion.

Simple, when the ship sinks it will be the dems who throw you a life jacket, not the GOP.

I'm not sure what kind of life jacket you will throw as it appears the Democrats support the faux privatization of K-12 education system, as well as, privatization of social security. What will that life jacket look like?

Discussion.

I'm not sure what kind of life jacket you will throw as it appears the Democrats support the faux privatization of K-12 education system, as well as, privatization of social security. What will that life jacket look like?

"it appears the Democrats support the faux privatization of K-12 education system, as well as, privatization of social security"

Link?

Please explain. Give examples.

That is what I was hoping that you were able to do. What is the difference?
We are talking about the psychology of a cult leader, an individual person. This is not about political parties. Please read the OP. You can't compare a huge political party with one person, and that's not the point.

You weren't just comparing it with one person. You included his followers.
You are trying to put an entire huge political party in the role of a cult leader, which is one person. That's not the point of the discussion. As well, can you find any articles in any journal or textbook of psychology that discusses a huge group as a cult leader? It just doesn't work for this discussion.

It absolutely works for this discussion.
Cult Influence & Persuasion Tactics
The topic is Donald Trump.

Discussion.

The topic is Donald Trump. You are deflecting and not addressing the topic.

You Hilary worshippers should find some decent therapists instead of obsessing over her losing the election. Maybe having some company make Pussy Hats shaped like her vagina and flavored with Bill's semen will help you get over it? I know that would appeal to Rosey O Donnell, and Wolf Blitzer.
Seriously, this guy is giving a lecture about obsessing.

You Hilary worshippers should find some decent therapists instead of obsessing over her losing the election. Maybe having some company make Pussy Hats shaped like her vagina and flavored with Bill's semen will help you get over it? I know that would appeal to Rosey O Donnell, and Wolf Blitzer.

There are a few people on USMB who seem to feel compelled to include explicit sexual comments in their posts. I'm no prude and I don't mind an off-color joke from time to time. BUT . . . it makes me wonder how many people in this country require mental-health treatment.

Is Donald Trump a cult leader? His base seems to be as deeply loyal as cult followers, and Trump himself seems to have the charateristics of a cult leader,

"Having studied at length the life, teachings, and behaviors of Jim Jones (Jonestown Guyana), David Koresh (Branch Davidians), Stewart Traill (The Church of Bible Understanding), Charles Manson, Shoko Asahara (Aum Shinrikyo), Joseph Di Mambro (The Order of the Solar Temple aka Ordre du Temple Solaire), Marshall Heff Applewhit (Heaven’s Gate), Bhagwan Rajneesh (Rajneesh Movement), and Warren Jeffs (polygamist leader), what stands out about these individuals is that they were or are all pathologically narcissistic. They all have or had an over-abundant belief that they were special, that they and they alone had the answers to problems, and that they had to be revered. They demanded perfect loyalty from followers, they overvalued themselves and devalued those around them, they were intolerant of criticism, and above all they did not like being questioned or challenged. And yet, in spite of these less than charming traits, they had no trouble attracting those who were willing to overlook these features."
Dangerous Cult Leaders

Trump even bragged about the blind loyalty his followers have: "I could stand in the Middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Open for discussion.
Its called partisan politics.
Its the same no matter who is President.
I mean, did you just get into politics or somethin', bro?

Picaro appears not to understand what the topic is or much about psychology. and, of course, she/he has not yet addressed the topic.

"it appears the Democrats support the faux privatization of K-12 education system, as well as, privatization of social security"

Link?

This is Arne Duncan
Obama's Betrayal of Public Education? Arne Duncan and the Corporate Model of Schooling

The Ugly Charter School Scandal Arne Duncan Is Leaving Behind

The Legacy of Arne Duncan, ‘A Hero in the Education Business’

He was replaced by John B King, Jr. also a proponent of charter schools.

Democrats for Education Reform

Reinventing America's Schools Archives - Progressive Policy Institute

No?
Betsy DeVos Didn’t Say Anything in Her Viral 60 Minutes Clip That Democrats Haven’t Supported for Years

The Mind Trust Attack of Public Education is Led by Democrats

Mike Klonsky's Blog: IL voucher vote reversal shows Dems stand for nothing

National Democrats Stayed Away From the Longest Strike in West Virginia History

Has President Obama appointed a fox to guard the Social Security henhouse?

The Public Sector Is A Milk Cow For Private Enterprise -- Paul Craig Roberts - PaulCraigRoberts.org

The Democratic Plot to Privatize Social Security

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/201...-social-security-medicare-andor-medicaid.html

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/19912-obama-wants-to-cut-social-security

I am not the one deflecting here, Esmeralda. It's all you.

This is the topi of the thread, as stated in the OP. You have not yet addressed it at all but have brought up other topics. If you don't want to discuss the topic of this thread, start another thread to discuss what you want to discuss.

Is Donald Trump a cult leader? His base seems to be as deeply loyal as cult followers, and Trump himself seems to have the charateristics of a cult leader.

This is the topi of the thread, as stated in the OP. You have not yet addressed it at all but have brought up other topics. If you don't want to discuss the topic of this thread, start another thread to discuss what you want to discuss.

Is Donald Trump a cult leader? His base seems to be as deeply loyal as cult followers, and Trump himself seems to have the charateristics of a cult leader.

I answered it in post 7. You didn't like my answer.

Dangerous Cult Leaders

Trump even bragged about the blind loyalty his followers have: "I could stand in the Middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters."

Open for discussion.
so now you know how we felt looking at you obama worshipers.

just was wierd

Dangerous Cult Leaders

Open for discussion.

just was wierd

It's weird without Obama.

Dangerous Cult Leaders

Open for discussion.

just was wierd

yeah, it's weird not being called a racist for every thought that differs from The One.

Dangerous Cult Leaders

Open for discussion.

just was wierd

yeah, it's weird not being called a racist for every thought that differs from The One.

That didn't end even after Obama left office. Somewhere in this mess is a joke about horses with blinders at a race. I keep waiting for the punchline.

Forum List

Back