🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Darkest Hour...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Terrific Picture.
If you don't like or appreciate history and the significance of the events presented, then you may not like the film.
If you do, then you surely will.
Gary Oldman, IMO, did the best job I have ever seen playing Churchill...had his voice and distinct speaking style down to a science.
Great film to see.

4.5 Stars

The scene where he went on the train to judge the people's mood and desires was excellent.

I absolutely love the line - "We must have victory, victory at all cost; for without victory there is no survival."
And of course that sentence alone is the core of what made Churchill - Churchill.
He was a man who truly had the weight of the world on his shoulders. In a sea of weakness, corruption and unwillingness he alone stood up against Hitler. Without Churchill, the map of the world would look entirely different even today.

I absolutely love the line - "We must have victory, victory at all cost; for without victory there is no survival."
And of course that sentence alone is the core of what made Churchill - Churchill.
He was a man who truly had the weight of the world on his shoulders. In a sea of weakness, corruption and unwillingness he alone stood up against Hitler. Without Churchill, the map of the world would look entirely different even today.
Battle of Omdurman, 1898

He also warned us against Islam, which he had fought against as a young man in Afghanistan and Sudan.

Forum List

Back