🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The DEA definitions for Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 drugs are strange.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
FYI here are the DEA's definitions for the most dangerous drugs, Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 drugs:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, wouldn't you group ALL of the most dangerous drugs, as in CAN KILL YOU in Schedule 1? Why is fentanyl in Schedule 2? And why is marijuana in Schedule 1? Secondly look at the wording for Schedule 2. "These drugs are also considered dangerous". But no such wording in Schedule 1. So Schedule 1 drugs have no medical value but are not really dangerous? Heroin isn't dangerous?

FYI here are the DEA's definitions for the most dangerous drugs, Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 drugs:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

Combination products with less than 15 milligrams of hydrocodone per dosage unit (Vicodin), cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, wouldn't you group ALL of the most dangerous drugs, as in CAN KILL YOU in Schedule 1? Why is fentanyl in Schedule 2? And why is marijuana in Schedule 1? Secondly look at the wording for Schedule 2. "These drugs are also considered dangerous". But no such wording in Schedule 1. So Schedule 1 drugs have no medical value but are not really dangerous? Heroin isn't dangerous?

The DEA is cracked. When I was a little kid I was routinely given ear drops for my bad ears by my pediatrician called Paregoric. The stuff worked great, it took care of my earaches fast and I grew up just fine. My parents always had it in the house for when needed. Paregoric is made out of camphorated opium. I recently asked my present PCP about it (it is still made) and he never even heard of it.

LSD, Marijuana, and Peyote are substances regularly used in religious and spiritual ceremonies by American and eastern Indians. Quaaludes was a common drug used back in the 70s by millions of people. Methamphetamine is a highly effective drug for losing weight and used to be available in many common diet pills. It actually took weight off. Now people can't get the stuff and are dying of heart attacks and obesity.

Basically, the DEA has taken all of the highly effective medications off the market so that no doctor will prescribe them now out of fear of the DEA except for in the most extreme cases. For most patients now, they have all been substituted and replaced by far less effective drugs. So in essence, medicine is far less effective than it used to be and that is why it takes you far longer to get well, far more visits to the doctor's office and costs you far more money to get healthcare. I was just in the hospital a few weeks ago for surgery and they gave me fentanyl and Dilaudid for the pain and in a few hours I was fine and ready to go home. At home I periodically take oxycodone for pain when needed and it is nothing. But the stuff actually WORKS. Nothing the doctor gives you anymore for ordinary complaints much works for shit, and the new thinking is to give you drugs that barely work at all that on sustained dosage are just eventually enough to get the job done hopefully. If they don't work, then maybe they'll try something a little stronger. Bottom line is that due to the restructuring of drugs by the DEA, people are sick more often, suffer more and longer and take much longer to get well now, and none of it has done shit to curb crime or abuse. The government scores another big one again.

Forum List

Back