The Dead End of Reparations - Why it is a Very Bad Idea

Jim Crow was because of demofks
Wrong, it was bi partisan. We had 20 presidents between the end of the civil was. 12 were Republicans and they did nothing to end Jim Crow.

Wrong, it was bi partisan. We had 20 presidents between the end of the civil was. 12 were Republicans and they did nothing to end Jim Crow.

You claimed it, you prove it.
You guys claim a lot of things you don't prove. So go look for it because the fact thhat ANY confederate soldier received money from the United States government as pension for war is bs.

You guys claim a lot of things you don't prove. So go look for it because the fact thhat ANY confederate soldier received money from the United States government as pension for war is bs.
In other words, you can’t

The opposition to black reparations is based on sheer racist hatred. Precedents have been set as other groups who have been harmed by the government have received reparations. As for the tired worn out excuse of “why should I pay for something I did not do,” here is an example of reparations made in modern times for things done by past generations.

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars..

United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians :: 448 U.S. 371 (1980) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center, United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980)

I don't believe the federal government paid any Confederate soldier a military pension.
If you think you have any evidence that they did, you should post it.
Until then, I'll continue to laugh at your confusion.

The opposition to black reparations is based on sheer racist hatred. Precedents have been set as other groups who have been harmed by the government have received reparations. As for the tired worn out excuse of “why should I pay for something I did not do,” here is an example of reparations made in modern times for things done by past generations.

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars..

United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians :: 448 U.S. 371 (1980) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center, United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980)
:thankusmile:

• Love
Reactions: IM2
I don't believe the federal government paid any Confederate soldier a military pension.
If you think you have any evidence that they did, you should post it.
Until then, I'll continue to laugh at your confusion.
What you don't believe is irrelevant. All you need to do is type words in a search.

Reparations will eventually be paid.
Blacks are 13% of the US population... you don't have the legislative muscle to make it happen...

Reparations are like cutting Social Security... the Kiss-of-Death at the ballot-box... ain't gonna happen...

Forum List

Back