The debate was good. Fox should do more. NBC is just unqualified

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
Reasonable questions that got some interesting answers. The questions were sharp and pointed sometimes, but fair. No softballs, but no beanballs or spitters either. No questions about fantasy football, G-d help us.

the moderators were not part of it. The messNBC morons thought Getting booed made them good journalists. No f ing way. the Fox people were so much better.

I think Bush should just go away. Same with Kaish after last night's performance. Bring Christie back. He hasn't got a prayer, but he is the most entertaining.

The only thing I would change is adding automatic microphone cutoff. The current system allows too much interruption and competing for air time.

The only thing I would change is adding automatic microphone cutoff. The current system allows too much interruption and competing for air time.

DEFINITELY. The only time a candidate's mic shoild be on is for the 60 or 90 seconds they're given. Auto mic shutoff at the end of the allotted time.

Hell, they didn't have a choice. Remember the last debate? lol

I feel there should be a 3 minute time limit. 60-90 seconds is nothing more than a sound bite.

DEFINITELY. The only time a candidate's mic shoild be on is for the 60 or 90 seconds they're given. Auto mic shutoff at the end of the allotted time.
all of the candidates would refuse to show up for that debate.

60-90 seconds does not give enough time to state how you would accomplish something. Anyone can claim anything in a sound bite. Whether they actually have a feasible plan to accomplish it is another, and more important than the bite itself.
I feel there should be a 3 minute time limit. 60-90 seconds is nothing more than a sound bite.

60-90 seconds is the time frame for KISS and "Just the Facts". I don't need to hear about Judy from Spokane who you met last week on the campaign trail.

That's fine. These things devolve into hissy fits and shoiting matches. I could do without them.

Give me their bios, voting records, and a political position brief and I'll tell you who I woild vote for in a few hours. Right now I probably wouldn't vite fir any if them because I can't get straight answers from anyone.

unqualified candidates deserve unqualified networks ...

60 seconds is too short. 240 seconds with microphone cut off or chess clocks to make sure everyone gets questions that work for me, and allows more time for some questions, less time for others

60-90 seconds does not give enough time to state how you would accomplish something. Anyone can claim anything in a sound bite. Whether they actually have a feasible plan to accomplish it is another, and more important than the bite itself.

I'm less concerned with the details during the debate than the general info. I don't need to hear anything more from Mr. Kaisich after his "We can't deport 11 million people....." comment.

Sadly, some people rely on the debates. Anyone can make a statement and not be able to back it up. I want those people to know wheher a candidate has thought it out past a sound bite, to help them make more informed ballot box decisions.

I'm less concerned with the details during the debate than the general info. I don't need to hear anything more from Mr. Kaisich after his "We can't deport 11 million people....." comment.

Really, after that remark, the should have done in old vaudeville when an act was dying on stage and hooked him off. His staff should have thrown in the towell

That's fine. These things devolve into hissy fits and shoiting matches. I could do without them.

Give me their bios, voting records, and a political position brief and I'll tell you who I woild vote for in a few hours. Right now I probably wouldn't vite fir any if them because I can't get straight answers from anyone.

You are assuming a decent enough ration of literacy and attention span.
But I agree.

since Trump plans to make Mexico pay for a wall, maybe he can make them furnish magic carpets and magic wands to round up 11- 15 million people too.. he is The Donald remember?

Best quote of the night;

30.jpg

since Trump plans to make Mexico pay for a wall, maybe he can make them furnish magic carpets and magic wands to round up 11- 15 million people too.. he is The Donald remember?

Your argument seems to be that if we started deporting Mexican nationals, they would respond by assimilating.

So, it's a win-win then?

Reasonable questions that got some interesting answers. The questions were sharp and pointed sometimes, but fair. No softballs, but no beanballs or spitters either. No questions about fantasy football, G-d help us.

the moderators were not part of it. The messNBC morons thought Getting booed made them good journalists. No f ing way. the Fox people were so much better.

I think Bush should just go away. Same with Kaish after last night's performance. Bring Christie back. He hasn't got a prayer, but he is the most entertaining.
You call that good? I called it hilarious.

Thousands more troops in Germany?

Abolishing minimum wage and tax cuts for the wealthy will close the wage gap?

We can't afford to invest in children?

I don't know where to start. I really don't.

Forum List

Back