The Difference Between Teleprompters and Notes?

I am sure that Fox does not use teleprompters, nor does Rush read from notes.

Well not totally sure.

But I am glad that some agree that using a prompter is dishonest.

;)
The President uses a teleprompter and mispronounces "corpsman" (as if the media wasn't a press corps), and it's ignored.

Palin refers to a few words written on her hand as a reminder and otherwise speaks off the cuff it offends some in "media".

It must hit a sensitive nerve. (not you USC)

The difference? Simple. This:

obamaprompt11.jpg

is a hell of a lot funnier than this:

2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg

This is what Barry did when they tried to take his prompters away:

teleprompter-obama-doll.jpg

On those rare, rare ocassions when Barry goes sans prompter (but it's in the alcove, at the ready) the totus still gets the royal treatment:

teleprompter.jpg

Last edited:
Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech(interview) the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

The diffference to me is that Palin has made an issue of Obama using a teleprompter and then has the hypocricy to scribble reminder notes on her hand

"Energy, Budget cuts (with "budget" crossed out), Tax, Lift American Spirits."

writing / prompter on Palins hand.

Man I see people hammering sara palin again and this time its becuase she had notes on her hand when giving a speech(interview) the other night.

I dont get the beef with her writing a few reminders on her hand....i mean sure a piece of paper would have been better IMO but whats the big deal? Don't speakers, such as our current president, use teleprompters?

Whats the difference. Why hammer on some handwritten notes but give a pass on teleprompters? Is it your partisan sides showing up?

Me personally...i couldn't give a shit if palin/obama memorized, uses handwritten notes, uses a teleprompter, or a combination of them.....then again i dont suffer ODS or PDS.

What if we had a deaf President and everything he said was through ASL and series of grunts and facial tics...and the message was conveyed to us by the Presidential spokesperson?

Reading a teleprompter, at least to my understanding, is basically just a more high-tech way of reading something word for word. In my speech classes in high school and college, the people who read word-for-word off a piece of paper, whether they wrote it or not, were a whole lot less convincing with their "speech" than those who wrote some notes or an outline on an index card and knew what they were talking about.

If you need to read something word-for-word, it gives the impression that you don't know the material and thus can't speak intelligibly about it without that assistance. Or, if not that, it gives the impression that you're reading someone else's words/thoughts.

So, i guess i would prefer someone only used notes. To me, it makes it more believable and convincing.

Last edited:

WHY do you refuse to admitt Palin gives Obama shit for using a teleprompter.

THAT is why people are pointing out she uses notes too.

A teleprompter is just notes on a screen so you dont have to look away from the people you are talking to.

They are both fine its just YOUR team talks shit about one.

The right is just embaressed about their worship of a guy that could not even speak coherently while using a teleprompter.

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Why do people presume that because you get on a law journal you're intelligent? I was an editor on a law journal and you think im a total moron.

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Why do people presume that because you get on a law journal you're intelligent? I was an editor on a law journal and you think im a total moron.

Sure you were.

Having spoken to groups for much of my adult life, I'd be sunk without my notes. Doing speeches from memory is a gift very few people have.

Harvard Law Review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alumni
Prominent alumni of the Harvard Law Review include:

United States Presidents

Barack Obama, served as President of Volume 104[2]
Supreme Court Justices

Stephen Breyer, served as Articles Editor of Volume 77[3]
Felix Frankfurter[4] (1882-1965)
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, served as editor for one year before transferring to Columbia Law School[5]
John G. Roberts, Jr., served as Managing Editor for Volume 92[6]
Antonin Scalia, served as Notes Editor for Volume 73[7]
Edward Sanford (1865-1930)
Other Jurists

Michael Boudin, judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, served as President of Volume 77[8]
Henry Friendly, late judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, served as President[9]
Merrick Garland, judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit[citation needed]
Pierre Leval, judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, served as Notes Editor[10]
Debra Ann Livingston, judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit[10]
James L. Oakes, late judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit[10]
Richard Posner, judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, served as President of Volume 75[11]
Cabinet Secretaries

Dean Acheson, Secretary of State[12]
Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security and former judge on United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit[13]
William Coleman, Jr., Secretary of Transportation, Brown v. Board of Education attorney, and first African-American Supreme Court clerk[14]
Elliot Richardson, Attorney General, Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare, Secretary of Defense, Secretary of Commerce, served as Law Review President (1947)[15]
Other U.S. Government Officials

Paul Clement, former U.S. Solicitor General, served as Supreme Court Editor[16]
Archibald Cox, late U.S. Solicitor General[17]
Chris Cox, former Chairman of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission[18]
Viet Dinh, former Assistant Attorney General, served as Bluebook editor[19]
Michael Froman, deputy assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs in the Obama Administration[20]
Julius Genachowski, chairman-designate of the Federal Communications Commissions[21]
Erwin N. Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon[22]
Alger Hiss, former U.S. State Department Official and accused spy[23]
Elena Kagan, Solicitor General in the Obama Administration[24][25]; formerly dean of Harvard Law School[26]
Michael Leiter, current Director of the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center[27], President of Volume 113[28]
Barry B. White, United States Ambassador to Norway[29]
Other Government Officials

Preeta D. Bansal, former New York State Solicitor General, served as Supervising Editor[30]
Allan Gotlieb, former Canadian Ambassador to the United States[31]
Eliot Spitzer, former New York Governor[32]
Academics

Stephen Barnett (1935-2009), legal scholar at University of California, Berkeley School of Law who opposed the Newspaper Preservation Act of 1970[33]
Derek Bok, former Harvard University President[34]
Kingman Brewster, late Yale University President, served as Law Review Treasurer[35]
Charles Hamilton Houston, former Dean of Howard University Law School and NAACP Litigation Director[36]
Harold Koh, Dean of Yale Law School[37]
David Leebron, President of Rice University, served as Law Review President[38]
William C. Powers, President of University of Texas, served as Managing editor[39]
John Sexton, President of New York University[40]
Writers and Journalists

Archibald MacLeish, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet[41]
Jeffrey Toobin, print and broadcast journalist[42]
Other Alumni/ae

Nadine Strossen, former American Civil Liberties Union President[43]
John deJ. "Jack" Pemberton former American Civil Liberties Union Executive Director (1962-1970)[citation needed]
[edit] Significant articles

Last edited:
She mocked Obama for using a teleprompter while she had notes written on her hand. So if there's no difference, she was mocking herself, and if there's no difference, then all the rightwing Obama haters who have been mocking him for months (inexplicably) because he at times uses a teleprompter should be now mocking Palin.

Are they? No, they are lamely, hypocritically, comically trying to defend her.

There is no difference between using notes and reading direct from written out lines? You've never spoken in public have you?

since, as you said, there is no difference then by mocking Palin people are also mocking Obama.

Yes Palin was a hypocrite with that as she gave obama crap for it....just as obama was a hypocrite right here

The hypocracy of both doesn't change the fact that everyone giving either one of them, or any other public speaker, a hard time for using speaking aids are behaving in a poor manner.

How is she a hypocrite when she is using notes and he is reading sentence by sentence from a completely written speech? The two dont even compare.

Then why start yet another thread about Palin?

Its not about palin its about the jackanapes on the forum who have the need to bash political figures and public speakers for using speaking aids like notes and teleprompters.

Are you one of them?

Nope, I think the teleprompter fauz outrage is totally bogus since every president in recent times used them.

Notes on the hand is a bit strange though for a nationally worshipped figurehead.

Now we know how Palin got thru college?

At least we have an idea ... none of the current shit stain in office

Forum List

Back