The Difference Between Teleprompters and Notes?

The diffference to me is that Palin has made an issue of Obama using a teleprompter and then has the hypocricy to scribble reminder notes on her hand

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever because speaking freely with notes is nothing like reading a teleprompter.

Barack Obama: Supreme Court Justice.

Oh the reaction on some faces would be priceless. :lol:

Tell you what lets have a palin, Obama IQ test and see which one is really smarter?

Any human that actually thinks Palin is brighter than Obama lives in a fantasy world.

Palin couldnt hack it at some smuck midwest college and bailed.

Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

Really people you are just delousional

Why do people presume that because you get on a law journal you're intelligent? I was an editor on a law journal and you think im a total moron.

Sure you were.

Thanks for making my point.

There is rock solid evidence that Obama was the editor of the harvard law review.

All we have is your word.

I have seen you embrace too many lies to believe you on this one.

Reading a teleprompter, at least to my understanding, is basically just a more high-tech way of reading something word for word. In my speech classes in high school and college, the people who read word-for-word off a piece of paper, whether they wrote it or not, were a whole lot less convincing with their "speech" than those who wrote some notes or an outline on an index card and knew what they were talking about.

If you need to read something word-for-word, it gives the impression that you don't know the material and thus can't speak intelligibly about it without that assistance. Or, if not that, it gives the impression that you're reading someone else's words/thoughts.

So, i guess i would prefer someone only used notes. To me, it makes it more believable and convincing.

Not necessarily. How the crutch - excuse me, memory aid - is used depends on the speaker's skill with it. A skilled speaker using a prompter may only skim over it and speak extemporaneously around it. It's just a real time paperless version of notes. An unskilled speaker no matter how many or few notes will be so painful to listen to AND watch looking down and shuffling paper around you'd wish he didn't have them. There really is no difference, the speaker still has to know his business to be effective.

The difference? Simple. This:

obamaprompt11.jpg

is a hell of a lot funnier than this:

2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg

This is what Barry did when they tried to take his prompters away:

teleprompter-obama-doll.jpg

On those rare, rare ocassions when Barry goes sans prompter (but it's in the alcove, at the ready) the totus still gets the royal treatment:

teleprompter.jpg

What's funny is that Palin made all those lame teleprompter jokes obsolete.

What's funny is that Palin made all those lame teleprompter jokes obsolete.

If they are so lame, why do they bother you so much?

How does using notes even compare to reading lines on a teleprompter?

Last edited:
Why does she keep doing such dumb things, is it a cry for help? Putting notes on her hand is a lot more sneaky than using a teleprompter.

Why does she keep doing such dumb things, is it a cry for help? Putting notes on her hand is a lot more sneaky than using a teleprompter.

Using notes is dumb?:cuckoo:

It wouldn't be if she just used notes and not made fun of the president for using a teleprompter. If she is going to sneak notes on her hand, then shutup about the teleprompter.

Capishe, retard?

Using notes is dumb?:cuckoo:

It wouldn't be if she just used notes and not made fun of the president for using a teleprompter. If she is going to sneak notes on her hand, then shutup about the teleprompter.

Capishe, retard?

I don't know. Are you retarded or not? I would think you of all people would know.

I would also think that it would be fairly easy to understand the difference between using notes and constantly reading from a prepared text. I mean I went over that stuff in middle school and high school. But maybe your school didn't.

Unfortunately, this is exactly why throwing more money at failing education programs isnt the best idea.

Not that I'm going to waste my time reading the 55 previous posts, because I can't believe there's actually more than 1 post on this subject, but.. Reading from notes is just reminding you of what you want to cover when you speak. A teleprompter tells you exactly what to say.

Why's this worth such a big argument, and who cares either way?

I don't care. I just have too much free time tonight and I have a habit of correcting stupid people.

Forum List

Back