The disturbing view of Muslims in the US

Columbia Heights students walk out over Facebook post about Muslims

Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

"We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims," said the first man Trump called on to ask a question. "We know our current president is one. You know he's not even an American."

Ahmed Mohamed, Muslim teen cuffed over clock mistaken for bomb, still suspended from school

"Mohamed will not be charged with possessing a hoax bomb because there's no evidence the 14-year-old meant to cause alarm Monday at MacArthur High School in the Dallas suburb of Irving, according to police Chief Larry Boyd."

Since 9/11 Muslims have been having a hard time in the US. The reasons are clear, Bush wanted to make a new Common Enemy, the demise of the USSR left a gaping hole in the right wing "be tough on anything" policy.

In the past just calling someone a Communist was as bad as it got, now it's calling someone a Muslim. You want to get at Obama because you don't like him? Just call him a Muslim. It's simple, so simple even a redneck who managed to pass grade 2 could do it. It doesn't take brains.

And the whole while with ISIS going around killing and apparently this being really important for the citizens of the US, as opposed to, say, the Civil War in DRC or other such places.

Some Muslims are bad. Some Christians are bad. But by vilifying ALL Muslims people are essentially giving the right exactly what they want. People criticise Obama's foreign policy, it hasn't been amazing, but he's pulled back from the vilification of Muslims, and the need for the right to make Muslims the problem (and therefore the solution).

Exactly what's so disturbing? Good muslims that sit on their hands and do nothing about the bad ones are really irrelevant to the discussion, aren't they? Their no different than the good Germans who did nothing about the atrocities committed by Hitler, they were also irrelevant, and paid a price for being such.

Last edited:

"We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims," said the first man Trump called on to ask a question. "We know our current president is one. You know he's not even an American."

Ahmed Mohamed, Muslim teen cuffed over clock mistaken for bomb, still suspended from school

"Mohamed will not be charged with possessing a hoax bomb because there's no evidence the 14-year-old meant to cause alarm Monday at MacArthur High School in the Dallas suburb of Irving, according to police Chief Larry Boyd."

Since 9/11 Muslims have been having a hard time in the US. The reasons are clear, Bush wanted to make a new Common Enemy, the demise of the USSR left a gaping hole in the right wing "be tough on anything" policy.

In the past just calling someone a Communist was as bad as it got, now it's calling someone a Muslim. You want to get at Obama because you don't like him? Just call him a Muslim. It's simple, so simple even a redneck who managed to pass grade 2 could do it. It doesn't take brains.

And the whole while with ISIS going around killing and apparently this being really important for the citizens of the US, as opposed to, say, the Civil War in DRC or other such places.

Some Muslims are bad. Some Christians are bad. But by vilifying ALL Muslims people are essentially giving the right exactly what they want. People criticise Obama's foreign policy, it hasn't been amazing, but he's pulled back from the vilification of Muslims, and the need for the right to make Muslims the problem (and therefore the solution).

Some Muslims are just as bad as other groups within society.

That is, there are insane people in every segment of society.

The trouble comes when the mentally ill are mixed in a religion that calls for jihad against the infidel. Chances are, they will not interpret those passages to our liking. In fact, that is what we see time and again.

And since the mentally ill will always be a segment of any society, I have to conclude that Islam is a danger for all societies.

I'd say Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc are all a danger for societies too.

The trouble comes when the mentally ill are mixed in a religion that calls for jihad against the infidel. Chances are, they will not interpret those passages to our liking. In fact, that is what we see time and again.

And since the mentally ill will always be a segment of any society, I have to conclude that Islam is a danger for all societies.

Really????

th

Then the ones who aren't should step up to the plate and condemn the ones who are making their lives miserable.
Pretty sure they do, unless you're blind.
Well, let's see some. Out of the billion plus muslims, if the majority of them oppose the murdering bastards that commit acts of terrorism and have condemned them, you should be able to post about 10,000 videos. How about 10?
Not my job to do your research, then again, anyone who supports trump is not worthy of having an opinion that's relevant.
Translation: I don't have shit.

Of course, I knew you couldn't post any but I couldn't resist the opportunity to bitch slap you on your bullshit claim. If you could, you would have jumped at the chance to prove me wrong. Instead, I get "It's not my yob". Typical.
It's about 1 AM here and I don't want to bother, your mind won't change anyway.
Gee, how did I know you would have some pussified excuse for not having shit? :lol:

Muslims, like blacks, are responsible for the image the US has of them.
Not to say that's justified in all cases but that is reality.

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

Secondly, Bush helped to make this image, he helped to spread this image.
Then the ones who aren't should step up to the plate and condemn the ones who are making their lives miserable.
Well, let's see some. Out of the billion plus muslims, if the majority of them oppose the murdering bastards that commit acts of terrorism and have condemned them, you should be able to post about 10,000 videos. How about 10?

Do 6 million Syrian refugees count?

Exactly what's so disturbing? Good muslims that sit on their hands and do nothing about the bad ones are really irrelevant to the discussion, aren't they? Their no different than the good Germans who did nothing about the atrocities committed by Hitler, they were also irrelevant, and paid a price for being such.

Are there no Muslims fighting against ISIS and the Taloban?

Really????

th

How do you know that? Maybe Osama Bin Laden would have been a radical Jew or Communist and he and his followers still would have been pissed off about Americans propping up Arab dictators.

Muslims, like blacks, are responsible for the image the US has of them.
Not to say that's justified in all cases but that is reality.

Firstly. Your point.

Muslims are responsible for the image the US has of them. Yes, in part this is true. However not ALL MUSLIMS are responsible for this. Some Muslims are. Why should ALL Muslims be responsible for this image that some have made.

Do you know how to post a video? Then do it.

Firstly. Your point.

You're the one who cares about videos. You're the one who can find videos.

I'll give you this from the grand mufti of Egypt.
Egypt's Top Muslim Leader Condemns Islamic State

The reasons are clear, Bush wanted to make a new Common Enemy, the demise of the USSR left a gaping hole in the right wing "be tough on anything" policy.
As I expected, the entire thread is based on a liberal telling a lie about Republicans.

No point in reading further. (yawn)

Yeah, sure, someone who doesn't care as long as it fits his own agenda. Even bigger yawn. Why the hell did you reply? Beats me.

That's it? That's all you have? That's what I thought.

Yeah. It's only the most important Muslim leader in Egypt. Who the fuck cares what he said. Give me 10 damn videos. :blahblah:

Yeah. It's only the most important Muslim leader in Egypt. Who the fuck cares what he said. Give me 10 damn videos. :blahblah:
You said I'd have to be blind not to see all those millions of muslims condemning Islamic terrorists. Where are they?

Forum List

Back