The downside of carrying a firearm...

A defensive gun in your home and a defensive gun on your hip in public are not the same animal.

Thank you Captain Obvious. That doesn't make your argument any less ignorant or pointless.

Right but loosing my ego, knowing I don't know everything just cause I bought a gun doesn't make me gunfighter and seeking out credible trainers to enlighten me serves my family well.

If your mindset is to take the fight to an armed confrontation or come to the rescue.

Your mindset has fucked you before you ever clear leather.

But gun ownership is an ego game and gun owners know everything.

100% left wing alarmist bull shit.

Sure thing Mr. Zimmerman.

Thanks for making my point dumbass. Zimmerman used his weapon properly. He didn't use it until it was clearly self-defense, he didn't get it taken away from him, and the perp is dead. To my knowledge, GZ didn't get any other training except the class that he took to get his CCW. Which is exactly my point.

Ironically, you just shot yourself in the foot!

Adam got her gun. He killed her. She did not secure the gun from his mentally disturbed hands. Are you trying, albeit ever so clumsily, to justify Mrs. Lanza's irresponsibility?

If citizens cannot store their weapons safely in their homes, why are we expected to believe they will handle them responsibly in public?

Carrying a Glock with the safety off is not very responsible considering the design flaw associated with Glocks. Carrying a loaded weapon just so you can save the day a la Dirty Harry is an immature outlook. Thinking that armed teachers will prevent school room shootings is also short sighted. Reagan and four others were shot while surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of law enforcement officers in history.

There must be something about guns that fogs the mind and suggests that the carrier of a weapon can be a super hero. Obviously the logic is distilled from watching movies or a basic feeling that life is cheap. How sad. How under educated. How tragic.

Glocks don't have a manual safety. Is that what you mean about the design flaw?

None of my handguns have external safeties and I plan on keeping it that way. In the heat of the moment people tend to forget to take it off safety, at that point it's nothing more than a club.

I'm talking about the vast majority of CCW have a misunderstood command of the civilian defensive firearm. This is from most often no civilian combative concept training or poor training. Most gun owners cannot be told or taught anything.

100% garbage. You have to take a basic training class in firearms to get a CCW permit, and to use a weapon against a common thug requires very little training. Perhaps if I come into a fight with a trained killer, he just might have the advantage but its way more likely that the average CCW holder will only face the common street thug.

Seems like you are one squared away steely-eyed dealer of death then.

I see you have switched you tactic from irrelevant garbage to hyperbolic garbage, no one is buying your nonsense.

100% left wing alarmist bull shit.

Thanks for making my point dumbass. Zimmerman used his weapon properly. He didn't use it until it was clearly self-defense, he didn't get it taken away from him, and the perp is dead. To my knowledge, GZ didn't get any other training except the class that he took to get his CCW. Which is exactly my point.

Thanks for not understanding the point and displaying your tactical fu is weak.

Zimmerman was lawful but stupid.

There was no upside to initiating contact when armed outside the home.

You get arrested, spend time in jail, massive trial, kill a kid, marked man for life, chance at loosing for your freedom for = NOTHING ZERO UPSIDE. won the battle lost the war.

A defensive gun in your home and a defensive gun on your hip in public are not the same animal.

Thank you Captain Obvious. That doesn't make your argument any less ignorant or pointless.

Right but loosing my ego, knowing I don't know everything just cause I bought a gun doesn't make me gunfighter and seeking out credible trainers to enlighten me serves my family well.

Ego has nothing to do with anything, drop that nonsense and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Nothing wrong with getting training, nothing at all, but we all know that that is not your point.

You get arrested, spend time in jail, massive trial, kill a kid, marked man for life, chance at loosing for your freedom for = NOTHING ZERO UPSIDE. won the battle lost the war.

Typo? Will you translate that for me?

100% garbage. You have to take a basic training class in firearms to get a CCW permit, and to use a weapon against a common thug requires very little training. Perhaps if I come into a fight with a trained killer, he just might have the advantage but its way more likely that the average CCW holder will only face the common street thug.

I see you have switched you tactic from irrelevant garbage to hyperbolic garbage, no one is buying your nonsense.

My non-sense that focused tactical training including force on force, FATS, simunition, from demonstrated material experts will increase your survivability as an armed citizen ?

Tactical-fu. As in kung-fu.

Pursuing an un-immediate threat has no upside. Ask Zimmerman.

Last edited:

Tactical-fu. Is n kung-fu.

Pursuing an un-immediate threat has no upside. Ask Zimmerman.

LOL! Okay.

Ego has nothing to do with anything, drop that nonsense and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Nothing wrong with getting training, nothing at all, but we all know that that is not your point.

You're not following along very well then either.

Adam got her gun. He killed her. She did not secure the gun from his mentally disturbed hands. Are you trying, albeit ever so clumsily, to justify Mrs. Lanza's irresponsibility?

If citizens cannot store their weapons safely in their homes, why are we expected to believe they will handle them responsibly in public?

Carrying a Glock with the safety off is not very responsible considering the design flaw associated with Glocks. Carrying a loaded weapon just so you can save the day a la Dirty Harry is an immature outlook. Thinking that armed teachers will prevent school room shootings is also short sighted. Reagan and four others were shot while surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of law enforcement officers in history.

There must be something about guns that fogs the mind and suggests that the carrier of a weapon can be a super hero. Obviously the logic is distilled from watching movies or a basic feeling that life is cheap. How sad. How under educated. How tragic.

Glocks have at least 3 safeties. Been a while for me since being re-qualfiied on one, but as I recall the trigger has a safety built-in to the trigger itself which is depressed as you squeeze the trigger to fire. That's the main safety and ensures the weapon cannot fire unless trying to fire it. So anyone claiming Glocks have a design flaw doesn't know what they're talking about. Glocks are among the top tier firearms and so reliable and user-proof they are (or were) the standard issued weapon for flight crews (since they can also operate completely under water.)

None of my handguns have external safeties and I plan on keeping it that way. In the heat of the moment people tend to forget to take it off safety, at that point it's nothing more than a club.

There is no point in carrying a gun with the safety on, IMO. Most guns designed for carrying have a long pull on the trigger. My Kel Tek 380 is that way.

Glocks have at least 3 safeties. Been a while for me since being re-qualfiied on one, but as I recall the trigger has a safety built-in to the trigger itself which is depressed as you squeeze the trigger to fire. That's the main safety and ensures the weapon cannot fire unless trying to fire it. So anyone claiming Glocks have a design flaw doesn't know what they're talking about. Glocks are among the top tier firearms and so reliable and user-proof they are (or were) the standard issued weapon for flight crews (since they can also operate completely under water.)

True, but they aren't manual.

So anyone claiming Glocks have a design flaw doesn't know what they're talking about. Glocks are among the top tier firearms and so reliable and user-proof they are (or were) the standard issued weapon for flight crews (since they can also operate completely under water.)

Only the 17 with spring cups.

I hated the Glock because my 1911 was extension of my dick.

Then I had to borrow a Glock 21 at Trident Concepts to finish the course because my Wilson Combat bling pew pew choked on its dick.

Last edited:

No, I understood the point quite well but I ruined it for you and now you are back peddling. As you should know, Zimmerman should never have spent a moment in jail, and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the racist hatred from Sharpton and the media. And though Martin was still technically still a kid, he deserved to be shot, and was 100% guilty.

But we don't expect intellectual honesty from you and the only reason I'm even bothering to respond to your drivel is for the benefit if the conservative who might read this exchange.

My non-sense that focused tactical training including force on force, FATS, simunition, from demonstrated material experts will increase your survivability as an armed citizen ?

And switch back completed!

As I said no one is saying that training is a bad thing but if you were to attempt to be honest, you would admit that that was not your point.

No, I understood the point quite well but I ruined it for you and now you are back peddling. As you should know, Zimmerman should never have spent a moment in jail, and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the racist hatred from Sharpton and the media. And though Martin was still technically still a kid, he deserved to be shot, and was 100% guilty.

But we don't expect intellectual honesty from you and the only reason I'm even bothering to respond to your drivel is for the benefit if the conservative who might read this exchange.

Indeed there was lots of downside to Zimmerman's actions and no upside.

And switch back completed!

As I said no one is saying that training is a bad thing but if you were to attempt to be honest, you would admit that that was not your point.

It was entirely my point.

What do your assert my point is ?

Forum List

Back