The downside of carrying a firearm...

Right but loosing my ego, knowing I don't know everything just cause I bought a gun doesn't make me gunfighter and seeking out credible trainers to enlighten me serves my family well.

Ego has nothing to do with anything, drop that nonsense and maybe someone will take you seriously.

Nothing wrong with getting training, nothing at all, but we all know that that is not your point.

You're not following along very well then either.

Well, who knows where you are going to put the goalposts next.

Thanks for not understanding the point and displaying your tactical fu is weak.

Zimmerman was lawful but stupid.

There was no upside to initiating contact when armed outside the home.

You get arrested, spend time in jail, massive trial, kill a kid, marked man for life, chance at loosing for your freedom for = NOTHING ZERO UPSIDE. won the battle lost the war.

No, I understood the point quite well but I ruined it for you and now you are back peddling. As you should know, Zimmerman should never have spent a moment in jail, and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the racist hatred from Sharpton and the media. And though Martin was still technically still a kid, he deserved to be shot, and was 100% guilty.

But we don't expect intellectual honesty from you and the only reason I'm even bothering to respond to your drivel is for the benefit if the conservative who might read this exchange.

Indeed there was lots of downside to Zimmerman's actions and no upside.

Look, try to focus, you brought him up because you called me Zimmerman in response to my post and Zimmerman is an excellent example of what to do when you are armed in a confrontation. That was my point. Who the hell knows what point you've morphed over to now but you made my point for me.

The fact that Zimmerman has suffer since is irrelevant to anything other than digging yourself out of the hole you dug.

Look, try to focus, you brought him up because you called me Zimmerman in response to my post and Zimmerman is an excellent example of what to do when you are armed in a confrontation. That was my point. Who the hell knows what point you've morphed over to now but you made my point for me.

Zimmerman is perfect of example of getting into an armed confrontation with no upside.

Zimmerman sought out the armed confrontation which is totally legal and his right.

But there was no upside.

Last edited:

Zimmerman is perfect of example of getting into an armed confrontation with no upside.

Zimmerman sought out the armed confrontation which is totally legal and his right.

But there was no upside.

Apparently you are unable to focus. It's more the pity that there are so many like you.

Sure thing Mr. Zimmerman.

Thanks for making my point dumbass. Zimmerman used his weapon properly. He didn't use it until it was clearly self-defense, he didn't get it taken away from him, and the perp is dead. To my knowledge, GZ didn't get any other training except the class that he took to get his CCW. Which is exactly my point.

Ironically, you just shot yourself in the foot!

You get arrested, spend time in jail, massive trial, kill a kid, marked man for life, chance at loosing for your freedom for = NOTHING ZERO UPSIDE. won the battle lost the war.

What did GZ do that was stupid?

You assume GZ initiated contact; why do you assume that?

The evidence suggests it was Martin that initiated contact after GZ's fat little ass tired out and he was heading back to his vehicle (as my fat little ass would have been doing too, lol).

Glocks don't have a manual safety. Is that what you mean about the design flaw?

None of my handguns have external safeties and I plan on keeping it that way. In the heat of the moment people tend to forget to take it off safety, at that point it's nothing more than a club.

There is no point in carrying a gun with the safety on, IMO. Most guns designed for carrying have a long pull on the trigger. My Kel Tek 380 is that way.

Not my GLOCK. If I don't intend to fire my finger does not even touch that trigger.

So anyone claiming Glocks have a design flaw doesn't know what they're talking about. Glocks are among the top tier firearms and so reliable and user-proof they are (or were) the standard issued weapon for flight crews (since they can also operate completely under water.)

Only the 17 with spring cups.

I hated the Glock because my 1911 was extension of my dick.

Then I had to borrow a Glock 21 at Trident Concepts to finish the course because my Wilson Combat bling pew pew choked on its dick.

Lol, dude are you sober?

It's kind of early in teh day....don't miss your AA meeting!

/just kidding

Gotta love the thread title... "The downside of carrying a firearm..."

As if EVERYONE who carries is doing this sort of thing rather than just a very, very, very small (and I can't emphasize just how small) number of gun owners...

Should have gone with, "The downside to idiots carrying a firearm."

But hey, who really cares?

No, I understood the point quite well but I ruined it for you and now you are back peddling. As you should know, Zimmerman should never have spent a moment in jail, and wouldn't have if it wasn't for the racist hatred from Sharpton and the media. And though Martin was still technically still a kid, he deserved to be shot, and was 100% guilty.

But we don't expect intellectual honesty from you and the only reason I'm even bothering to respond to your drivel is for the benefit if the conservative who might read this exchange.

Indeed there was lots of downside to Zimmerman's actions and no upside.

There had been a rash of robberies in the neighborhood and he thought he saw a suspicious person wandering around in the rain snooping into people's windows...what's he supposed to have done, hide his eyes?

Sometimes you guys that focus on 'tactics' forget that we do have obligations to help defend and protect our neighbors as well. It's not just all about us unless we want to be that way.

GZ didn't and he had every right to follow that little fuck and see what the hell he was up to.

But there was no upside.

Other than possibly protecting his neighbors?

Anyone know what happened to the burglary rates in that area after the killing?

Gotta love the thread title... "The downside of carrying a firearm..."

As if EVERYONE who carries is doing this sort of thing rather than just a very, very, very small (and I can't emphasize just how small) number of gun owners...

Should have gone with, "The downside to idiots carrying a firearm."

But hey, who really cares?

The point is, as I am fairly sure you know already, is to discredit all gun owners with the actions of a few idiots.

FACTS aint got nottin to do with nothing.

When 2 men showed up at my house at 2 am. to help themselves to my stuff during a black out, they had no idea that on the other side of the window there was a rifle pointed at their heads not more than 10 feet away. Made me feel a lot more secure about the situation they put me in.

A defensive gun in your home and a defensive gun on your hip in public are not the same animal.

sure they are. at least until you can gaurantee me i won't be attacked in either place. and now that is just the civilian issue. don't even get me started on the right to protect ourselves from tyranical governments. which is the real reason citizens need to be armed

We are speaking about the tactical deployment thereof not the right.

still one in the same. the only thing that changes the tactical deployment is the situation, not necessarily the location. you can be taken by surprise in your house or on the street.

The evidence suggests it was Martin that initiated contact after GZ's fat little ass tired out and he was heading back to his vehicle (as my fat little ass would have been doing too, lol).

He left the safety of his vehicle to pursue someone, in the dark where there was no immediacy of threat. His right, perfectly legal. Tactically retarded.

Look at all the bullshit it got him. Right or wrong.

None of my handguns have external safeties and I plan on keeping it that way. In the heat of the moment people tend to forget to take it off safety, at that point it's nothing more than a club.

There is no point in carrying a gun with the safety on, IMO. Most guns designed for carrying have a long pull on the trigger. My Kel Tek 380 is that way.

Not my GLOCK. If I don't intend to fire my finger does not even touch that trigger.

You misunderstand. Are you going to carry a gun with a hair trigger in your pocket or your holster? Are you going to carry a gun that doesn't have a round in the chamber? Ate you going to carry a gun with the safety on? You might as well leave it at home because you may not have time to use it when you need it.

Last edited:
There had been a rash of robberies in the neighborhood and he thought he saw a suspicious person wandering around in the rain snooping into people's windows...what's he supposed to have done, hide his eyes?

Sometimes you guys that focus on 'tactics' forget that we do have obligations to help defend and protect our neighbors as well. It's not just all about us unless we want to be that way.

I am not obligated, nor defending my neighbors at the risk of my life, freedom and finances. Certainly not in condo complex.

In his shoes I would called the law and went back to my home to defend my castle.

He left the safety of his vehicle to pursue someone, in the dark where there was no immediacy of threat. His right, perfectly legal. Tactically retarded.

Look at all the bullshit it got him. Right or wrong.

It's wrong as I pointed out, but you won't let that stop your false narrative.

sure they are. at least until you can gaurantee me i won't be attacked in either place. and now that is just the civilian issue. don't even get me started on the right to protect ourselves from tyranical governments. which is the real reason citizens need to be armed

We are speaking about the tactical deployment thereof not the right.

still one in the same. the only thing that changes the tactical deployment is the situation, not necessarily the location. you can be taken by surprise in your house or on the street.

The location in public changes the situation and thus the tactical deployment.

Forum List

Back