The downside of carrying a firearm...

Seems as if open carry advocates are itching for a fight. They anticipate danger at every turn. How many folks have ever been assaulted in a situation where deadly force is the one and only way out? Who here lives in Lebanon or Iraq or some other third world shit hole where deadly force is a matter of day to day existence?

I submit that most all Americans live in safe, secure neighborhoods where gun use is limited to criminal on criminal action. Where home invasions are a rarity if not mythical occurrence. Gun toting morons see themselves as idealistic vigilantes. Wild West heroes. Movie characters admired for their stoic toughness. Anything but the typical American experience.

Tell that to the victims of mass school, mall and theater shootings. These didn't happen in third world countries or even crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Must be nice living in a fantasy world.
What would have prevented such tragedies? Keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally deranged. Slapping a pistol in the hands of a teacher would not do it. The rich and powerful surrounded by well trained, well armed cadres still get shot by the mentally frazzled.

But carrying a piece does not equal security. Adding guns to a heated situation makes for a coroner's inquest.

Yes keeping guns out of the deranged peoples hand would be ideal, but unfortunately not realistic.

But yes having someone there that was capable of fighting back could have saved innocent lives.

Is your money worth more than your children?

We have armed guards protecting our money in banks while our schools which holds our most prized possessions goes unprotected.

Yes, false narrative. But your narrative changes every time you get cornered. As for this new narrative my answer is that for every GZ there are at least two people who save the lives and property of themselves and others.

All upside, no downside.

Show me a narrative change....post number ?

Your ego has you convinced because you bought you a pew pew and went to 2hr CCW class you're going to run out and save the lives and property and others.

Almost every post you make nit wit.

And I'm ex military, there was no need for me to take a class loser.

If you had a shred of intellectual honesty, we could have a discussion, alas....

So you can't post one ?

I am not familiar with military training that provides you civilian defensive shooting techniques and strategies.

Qualifying with an M9 is not defensive combat training.

How many is many?

Very few murders are committed by people who follow all the legal steps to get a carry permit.

If your mindset is to take the fight to an armed confrontation or come to the rescue.

Your mindset has fucked you before you ever clear leather.

But gun ownership is an ego game and gun owners know everything.

Pretty broad brush there.

I have a permit so I can protect myself not you, not the public. If I saw you getting beaten up I would call the cops and I might wait for them to show up or I might not. I figure if you didn't want to carry a weapon to protect yourself then you wouldn't want anyone else to use a weapon to protect you except for the police.

I am not about to risk my life for a stranger.

Exactly. If your plan is to be a hero or engage in a public gunfight you're fucked out of the gate.

What are your thoughts on Zimmerman's actions ?

If your mindset is to take the fight to an armed confrontation or come to the rescue.

Your mindset has fucked you before you ever clear leather.

But gun ownership is an ego game and gun owners know everything.

I have a permit so I can protect myself not you, not the public. If I saw you getting beaten up I would call the cops and I might wait for them to show up or I might not. I figure if you didn't want to carry a weapon to protect yourself then you wouldn't want anyone else to use a weapon to protect you except for the police.

Exactly. If your plan is to be a hero or engage in a public gunfight you're fucked out of the gate.

There was probably blame on both sides there.

Then again if Zimmerman shared my attitude on what a concealed weapon is for nothing would have happened.

Then again if Zimmerman shared my attitude on what a concealed weapon is for nothing would have happened.

I share your same attitude as to what CCW is for.

Zimmerman although legal in his actions was stupid tactically. He got lucky.

But the "I am obligated to come to my neighbor's defense" crowd will be along shortly.

Seems as if open carry advocates are itching for a fight. They anticipate danger at every turn. How many folks have ever been assaulted in a situation where deadly force is the one and only way out? Who here lives in Lebanon or Iraq or some other third world shit hole where deadly force is a matter of day to day existence?

I submit that most all Americans live in safe, secure neighborhoods where gun use is limited to criminal on criminal action. Where home invasions are a rarity if not mythical occurrence. Gun toting morons see themselves as idealistic vigilantes. Wild West heroes. Movie characters admired for their stoic toughness. Anything but the typical American experience.

Tell that to the victims of mass school, mall and theater shootings. These didn't happen in third world countries or even crime-ridden neighborhoods.

Must be nice living in a fantasy world.
What would have prevented such tragedies? Keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally deranged. Slapping a pistol in the hands of a teacher would not do it.

The experience of the Isrealis and the Siamese proves you wrong, dude. They have let their teachers be armed and have not had an incident yet.

My house has never been broken into, but I have an alarm system. I've never had a fire in my kitchen, but I have a fire extinguisher. Are you saying things that ignorant because you think no one will know how to respond or do you actually believe that stuff?

Do you actually think that you can try to paint a picture of peoe who carry as some sort if cowboy wanna-bes? Is this what you have to tell yourself to justify your position or are you under the false impression that your ruse will work or that anyone cares what you think of them?
Alarm systems and fire extinguishers are not deadly weapons. They are not analogous to guns. Who ever heard of a kid finding a fire extinguisher and killing himself or his playmate accidentally?

But put a gun within reach of a child and tragedy follows. Add a gun to a heated situation and death follows.

roflmao

Right out of Hollywood.

By that logic every gun show should wind up in a mass shooting, instead their are none, dumbass.

Show me a narrative change....post number ?

Your ego has you convinced because you bought you a pew pew and went to 2hr CCW class you're going to run out and save the lives and property and others.

Almost every post you make nit wit.

And I'm ex military, there was no need for me to take a class loser.

If you had a shred of intellectual honesty, we could have a discussion, alas....

So you can't post one ?

I am not familiar with military training that provides you civilian defensive shooting techniques and strategies.

Qualifying with an M9 is not defensive combat training.

What is the matter with you? I mean besides the obvious? I said "almost every post you made". How hard is that to understand?

Hey dumbass, military training is plenty to handle oneself in a civilian situation.
And we have more than one firearm in the military and many of us are trained in close quarter combat dipshit.

Other than possibly protecting his neighbors?

Anyone know what happened to the burglary rates in that area after the killing?

Not enough upside for me to risk what he did.

Yeah, that is why a lot of people admire the guy.

not sure I can say the same about those more tactically minded than neighborly minded.

If George Zimmerman called me up in the middle of the night and asked me to drive to Texas and give him a ride to Richmond, I would do it without compliant.

You I would hang up on.

What did GZ do that was stupid?

You assume GZ initiated contact; why do you assume that?

The evidence suggests it was Martin that initiated contact after GZ's fat little ass tired out and he was heading back to his vehicle (as my fat little ass would have been doing too, lol).

He left the safety of his vehicle to pursue someone, in the dark where there was no immediacy of threat. His right, perfectly legal. Tactically retarded.

Look at all the bullshit it got him. Right or wrong.

Trying to protect your neighbors is not stupid; it is simply based on a different set of priorities, like protecting others as much as yourself.

Thank God for men like GZ.

There is no point in carrying a gun with the safety on, IMO. Most guns designed for carrying have a long pull on the trigger. My Kel Tek 380 is that way.

Not my GLOCK. If I don't intend to fire my finger does not even touch that trigger.

You misunderstand. Are you going to carry a gun with a hair trigger in your pocket or your holster? Are you going to carry a gun that doesn't have a round in the chamber? Ate you going to carry a gun with the safety on? You might as well leave it at home because you may not have time to use it when you need it.

I carry a holstered Glock with a live round in the chamber. It is a rubber bullet but it chambers the next one really fast and that one is not rubber.

And there is no safety on, lol, which is why I don't put my finger on the trigger.

There had been a rash of robberies in the neighborhood and he thought he saw a suspicious person wandering around in the rain snooping into people's windows...what's he supposed to have done, hide his eyes?

Sometimes you guys that focus on 'tactics' forget that we do have obligations to help defend and protect our neighbors as well. It's not just all about us unless we want to be that way.

I am not obligated, nor defending my neighbors at the risk of my life, freedom and finances. Certainly not in condo complex.

In his shoes I would called the law and went back to my home to defend my castle.

People have felt that way for millions of years...then civilization came along, lol.

My house has never been broken into, but I have an alarm system. I've never had a fire in my kitchen, but I have a fire extinguisher. Are you saying things that ignorant because you think no one will know how to respond or do you actually believe that stuff?

Do you actually think that you can try to paint a picture of peoe who carry as some sort if cowboy wanna-bes? Is this what you have to tell yourself to justify your position or are you under the false impression that your ruse will work or that anyone cares what you think of them?
Alarm systems and fire extinguishers are not deadly weapons. They are not analogous to guns. Who ever heard of a kid finding a fire extinguisher and killing himself or his playmate accidentally?

But put a gun within reach of a child and tragedy follows. Add a gun to a heated situation and death follows.

roflmao

Right out of Hollywood.

By that logic every gun show should wind up in a mass shooting, instead their are none, dumbass.

The thing that these deranged idiot gun grabbers don't understand (well, there's a LOT they don't understand), is that when a heated situation occurs and a person with a gun doesn't draw the weapon, no one ever hears about it.

Hyperbole, strawman arguments, and irrelevant nonsense is all they have in their arsenal.

What did GZ do that was stupid?

You assume GZ initiated contact; why do you assume that?

The evidence suggests it was Martin that initiated contact after GZ's fat little ass tired out and he was heading back to his vehicle (as my fat little ass would have been doing too, lol).

He left the safety of his vehicle to pursue someone, in the dark where there was no immediacy of threat. His right, perfectly legal. Tactically retarded.

It's wrong as I pointed out, but you won't let that stop your false narrative.

No, it was not wrong, just a different set of priorities.

It's wrong as I pointed out, but you won't let that stop your false narrative.

False narrative ?

George was in the right legally and look at what it cost him .......with ZERO, NADA, ZIP upside.

Again, except for protecting his neighbors which we all know you don't give a shit about.

As for myself, I've been carrying concealed ever since the good state of Florida has allowed it. The upside has been that I am protected and so is my family and property. Another upside is that I'm exercising my rights as an American citizen and it is a right that so few people in the world have. Finally, and most satisfying of all is that it pisses a lot if lefties off to no end.

The downside has been.........non-existant.

lol, you know it.

What was GZ's blame, dude? He should have kept is eyes low to the ground and let the criminal scope out the next neighbors house to rob?

Yeah, real courage there, ace.

Not my GLOCK. If I don't intend to fire my finger does not even touch that trigger.

You misunderstand. Are you going to carry a gun with a hair trigger in your pocket or your holster? Are you going to carry a gun that doesn't have a round in the chamber? Ate you going to carry a gun with the safety on? You might as well leave it at home because you may not have time to use it when you need it.

I carry a holstered Glock with a live round in the chamber. It is a rubber bullet but it chambers the next one really fast and that one is not rubber.

And there is no safety on, lol, which is why I don't put my finger on the trigger.

When I was talking about a long pull on a trigger its to protect from the gun accidentally going off when it's in my pocket. I don't go around with my finger on the trigger. Despite what the liberals think.

Forum List

Back