The DREO Chefmaker arrived a few days ago.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Their delivery estimation was right on the money,in fact it was a few days early.
Going to try a Ribeye this evening. It doesn't look like it'll fit two big Ribeyes but we'll see.
It appears to be well built and is easy to use.
I'll let y'all know how it works out.
chefmaker1.jpg

Started with the standard cook for a ribeye.
While it did okay I'm going to try the Sous vide setting next.
For never having to touch the steak throughout the cooking process it did okay.
We used an American Wagyu steak that had some really nice marbling and it came out pretty good.
The steak had plenty of flavor and was really tender we didn't care for how done it was.
Had we used a thicker steak it would have been better.
All and all it wasn't bad but it needs to be more rare.

IMG_4157.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

Started with the standard cook for a ribeye.
While it did okay I'm going to try the Sous vide setting next.
For never having to touch the steak throughout the cooking process it did okay.
We used an American Wagyu steak that had some really nice marbling and it came out pretty good.
The steak had plenty of flavor and was really tender we didn't care for how done it was.
Had we used a thicker steak it would have been better.
All and all it wasn't bad but it needs to be more rare.

View attachment 814574
View attachment 814575

View attachment 814576
Will trade pizza for steak. 😋

That looks delicious. :thup:

Boy, you sure like your gadgets! But for the price of good steaks these days, OK is not a very good substitute for simply learning how to cook a steak yourself and knowing when it is cooked right sans probes, timers and circuit boards!

Anything that makes cooking a steak easier is fine for me.
After learning the reverse sear it's easy to turn out a perfect steak every time.
If I can buy a machine that does it at the push of a button and only have one thing to clean I'm all about it.

Anything that makes cooking a steak easier is fine for me.
After learning the reverse sear it's easy to turn out a perfect steak every time.
If I can buy a machine that does it at the push of a button and only have one thing to clean I'm all about it.

I suppose, but not only do gizmos take up a lot of room to store, but half the fun of good food is cooking it yourself to perfection. I just don't believe a soulless machine can produce a perfect steak as well as a good chef with personal attention.

I suppose, but not only do gizmos take up a lot of room to store, but half the fun of good food is cooking it yourself to perfection. I just don't believe a soulless machine can produce a perfect steak as well as a good chef with personal attention.

I've got plenty of room for cooking equipment.
And I like looking for easy storage over time.

It was pretty good.
I over did the salt which I'm finding to be a problem with me. I just cant eat much salt anymore.
It will easily take two NY Strips.
With the recent warnings of RMNA injections in beef were staying with the Wifes boss for meat.
mRNA in beef. :(

Might be best to get South American stuff or local farmers.

Although that last USDA Choice rib roast from Publix was..excellent.

HWGA has teh cooking appliances.

Last beef I did was a NY Strip roast. It was OK. Probably some South American Brahmin cow.

Probably didn't have mRNA in it. :dunno:

For NY strip? It was a hair above Chuck. Is it supposed to be like that? :dunno:

That's fine. And if you are really satisfied with the results of this machine then my opinion does not matter at all, just that I have a high reverence for life and if this big sentient animal is going to give its life for me, I want to give it as much attention and love as I can to assure I get the very best I can from his meat. I don't use probes and meters to cook beef, the way to learn to cook it is by look and feel. I just don't believe an automated circuit board knowing only temperature at one location can achieve that, but if I lived alone in a small apartment and loved steaks, that thing might just be the right deal!

But that's just my opinion.

Sorry, but simply learning how to cook a steak properly is always-always going to provide a superior result.
And it is not difficult at all. In fact, it is downright easy. You just have to care enough to stay with it. Cooking a steak properly requires attention and basting. Which is very easy to do, doesn't require skill - just the will to dedicate 5 minutes of your time to produce a great product.

HWGA has teh cooking appliances.

Last beef I did was a NY Strip roast. It was OK. Probably some South American Brahmin cow.

Probably didn't have mRNA in it. :dunno:

For NY strip? It was a hair above Chuck. Is it supposed to be like that? :dunno:

NY Strip is my 2nd favorite cut when it comes to steak,the Ribeye being my 1st choice.
So yeah the NY Strip is above a Chuck when it comes to quality.

That's fine. And if you are really satisfied with the results of this machine then my opinion does not matter at all, just that I have a high reverence for life and if this big sentient animal is going to give its life for me, I want to give it as much attention and love as I can to assure I get the very best I can from his meat. I don't use probes and meters to cook beef, the way to learn to cook it is by look and feel. I just don't believe an automated circuit board knowing only temperature at one location can achieve that, but if I lived alone in a small apartment and loved steaks, that thing might just be the right deal!

But that's just my opinion.

With the advent of the reverse sear it's easy to make a perfect steak every time.
I always use a thermo because I dont want to ruin an expensive steak.

I don't think I will ever understand trying to replace a method that works exceptionally well.
Pan searing is not difficult, and once you learn how - it produces an exacting result everytime.
So why add a step of firing up an oven?

Forum List

Back