The Economy Is In Deep Trouble

imo the "problem" is we are still stuck in the reality of declining demand, and we've been there for decades going back to the 1990s. Each recovery is weaker. This time, before Trump, the fed didn't pull the QE rug out immediately, and we limped along with rather anemic growth. With Trump, McConnell justified his supply side tax cuts for the very wealthy on "4% growth." (choke choke, bwaahhhh) Neither party really had, or attempted, an answer. Obama was a friend of Wall St, despite his rhetoric, and the gop is literally run by criminals. (that's no comment on Russia or Ukraine gate)

But now, when we have another paper economy meltdown on bubble investment markets … what tools will the Fed still have?

The biggest reason why the recoveries have been weaker is because the people who actually spend money to drive our economy weren't the people who were actually getting enough money to do it. That problem started in the 80s. In that time people could use the equity in their homes as their ATMs to keep spending but even that wasn't enough. By the time Clinton was elected in 1992 the economy was on the verge of collapse. Which was the reason for "It's The Economy Stupid" was born.

The middle class and poor have not had a proper increase in wages since the 80s. The federal minimum wage has not been raised since the bush boy years. The only way some states have higher minimum wages is because the people voted for it by the ballot box.

While the wages, salaries, benefits and unearned income for those at the top increased and have continued to increase since the 80s while everyone else has stagnated.

It's gotten so bad that we now have people who work but still qualify for pubic assistance.
I believe the biggest factor in why recoveries are more and more sluggish is because of the massive state, federal, and corporate debt overhang.

The federal debt is by far the biggest threat to the future of our Republic. So when a dipshit howls "MAGA!" and then proceeds to double the deficit and spend more money than even Obama did, I figure we're all fucked.

I agree the handling of the budget and healthcare under DJT has been very disappointing.

That's awesome. The two things that people care most about. Well stated.
No Leftists like you care about transgender rights, vilifying Jews and white people and not using plastic straws.

Everywhere I look I see the best economy in my lifetime. Markets up. Unemployment is down. Christmas is coming...

Democrats are praying for a recession

Democrats are praying for pain for Americans

Don't be a Democrat...

Markets are not good indicators of the economy. When Trump slashed the corporate tax rates, Corps had lots of money to spend. They bought back their own stoik & this causes the market to rise. The deficit is skyrocketing, The Fed had to bail out the economy. We are mired in a stupid Trade War. The world economy is slowing & our manufacturing is down.

Guess Jamie wised up after the disaster of the Surrender Monkey never getting under 4% unemployed!....and he still has 5 years to get it!!!Unlike the Obomanation!
Hey dumbass. Did Trump start with a 10 percent unemployment rate like Obama did?

Like I keep saying. Trump was elected on third base and you retards think he hit a triple.

U3-vs-U6-Unemployment-5-3-19.png
When you start high it is easier to go lower....any first year math student knows that!.....lowest unemployment in 50 years lowest BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT EVER....AND WHERE WAS THE MAGIC NEGRO????
Obama did all the heavy lifting.

Trump was elected on third base and you tards think he hit a triple.

He spent a lot for sure and by 2015 people were pricing in a new POTUS. It really dipped in 2016 and beyond because a business friendly person won.

Pricing in the new POTUS by 2015?

Does that mean that people are pricing in a new POTUS now?

You're awesome.
Indeed. Except they see Trump as winning so the market is up. If they see that changing you ll see a massive decline, fatty.

Everywhere I look I see the best economy in my lifetime. Markets up. Unemployment is down. Christmas is coming...

Don't be a Democrat...

Markets are not good indicators of the economy. When Trump slashed the corporate tax rates, Corps had lots of money to spend. They bought back their own stoik & this causes the market to rise. The deficit is skyrocketing, The Fed had to bail out the economy. We are mired in a stupid Trade War. The world economy is slowing & our manufacturing is down.

The Fed had to bail out the economy.

Liar.

Don't be a Democrat...

Liar.
Nope, spot on. About $700 billion/week in cheap loans to banks since september. Not a good sign.

Last edited:
Hey dumbass. Did Trump start with a 10 percent unemployment rate like Obama did?

Like I keep saying. Trump was elected on third base and you retards think he hit a triple.

U3-vs-U6-Unemployment-5-3-19.png
When you start high it is easier to go lower....any first year math student knows that!.....lowest unemployment in 50 years lowest BLACK UNEMPLOYMENT EVER....AND WHERE WAS THE MAGIC NEGRO????

He spent a lot for sure and by 2015 people were pricing in a new POTUS. It really dipped in 2016 and beyond because a business friendly person won.

You're awesome.
Indeed. Except they see Trump as winning so the market is up. If they see that changing you ll see a massive decline, fatty.

Cool! Markets up....Trump's the best. Markets down... Trump's the best.

Easy.

You're awesome.

Easy.
Nope. Markets down if Trump is in danger of losing and a whacko like Warren wins. Trump is business friendly. Why do you think our unemployment is so low.

Don't be a Democrat...

Liar.
Really, This from the economic expert who thinks that the Fed lo0wers rates because the economy is on fire. That is some funny chit.

Meh.....
I think the people running the "Establishment" are far smarter than the avg Joe American.
They pit one side against the other so skillfully that neither side realizes the truth......

That it's ALL BS and for all intents and purposes, it boils down to "them" against "you"

But keep believing. One day......yeah...."one day"

Peeps gona believe what the wanna believe.
Red pill. Blue pill....you choose. 99.99% take the blue.

Economy Grew at 1.9% Rate in Quarter, Hit by Trade Fight and Global Weakness

Dogged by uneasiness over trade frictions and weak global growth, the American economy’s growth inched lower over the summer.

Gross domestic product — the broadest measure of goods and services produced in the economy — grew at a 1.9 percent annual rate for the third quarter, according to preliminary data released by the Commerce Department on Wednesday.

There is something of a tug-of-war going on between consumers, who continue to spend, and businesses, which have sharply pulled back on investment.

What benchmark did Trump and the pseudocons set for a 1.9 percent GDP growth figure? Hmmmm...

1-point-9-gdp.jpg

"The economy is in deep trouble."

Remember every time the Obama Administration reported the unemployment rate was dropping month after month, year after year, the tard herd began screaming about the Labor Force Participation Rate?

Well, it still sucks, kids:

lfpr-oct-2019.jpg

:auiqs.jpg:

why are you laughing at your gods own words?
Because they're so darn stupid?

Or was that a rhetorical question?

A show of hands, anyone want to go back to the shit Obama economy? Nobody? Yeah we thought so. :auiqs.jpg:
I do Tired of this low life scum Trump

Meh, you have no say in the matter your vote won't even count if you live in a state Hillary won in 2016.
But all those leaving NY will have votes that

You're awesome.

Easy.
Made tons with trump as president and still detest the ground he walks on A real American embarrassment

A show of hands, anyone want to go back to the shit Obama economy? Nobody? Yeah we thought so. :auiqs.jpg:
I do Tired of this low life scum Trump

Meh, you have no say in the matter your vote won't even count if you live in a state Hillary won in 2016.
But all those leaving NY will have votes that

You're awesome.

Easy.
Made tons with trump as president and still detest the ground he walks on A real American embarrassment
Opinions vary

You're awesome.

Easy.
Nope. Markets down if Trump is in danger of losing and a whacko like Warren wins. Trump is business friendly. Why do you think our unemployment is so low.

No matter what happens. Trump can do no wrong.

You're so smart.

imo the "problem" is we are still stuck in the reality of declining demand, and we've been there for decades going back to the 1990s. Each recovery is weaker. This time, before Trump, the fed didn't pull the QE rug out immediately, and we limped along with rather anemic growth. With Trump, McConnell justified his supply side tax cuts for the very wealthy on "4% growth." (choke choke, bwaahhhh) Neither party really had, or attempted, an answer. Obama was a friend of Wall St, despite his rhetoric, and the gop is literally run by criminals. (that's no comment on Russia or Ukraine gate)

But now, when we have another paper economy meltdown on bubble investment markets … what tools will the Fed still have?
None.

Interest rates should have been increasing for the last 4 or 5 years of the Obama administration and should be continuing upwards now.

Don't be a Democrat...

Liar.
Nope, spot on. About $700 billion/week in cheap loans to banks since september. Not a good sign.

About $700 billion/week in cheap loans

That's not a bail out for the economy.
And your number sounds too high.

Don't be a Democrat...

Liar.
Really, This from the economic expert who thinks that the Fed lo0wers rates because the economy is on fire. That is some funny chit.

It's funny that you think a repo is a bailout.

Forum List

Back