The End

I completely agree with you in secular terms.
There's nothing a Jew wants more than to be accepted.
The only problem with this is that God won't allow it...
Olive Seedlings - ????? ?????: Ki Savo - The Tochacha and Serving God with Joy

This is by far the most thoughtful response I have seen you post. I like it, a good source and fodder for thought. I think you're right, too. It will take divine intervention to preserve the Jewish people as such. I am a child of the civil rights movement, I love to see different groups getting along and enjoying their differences, viva la difference! But I don't like the thought that everyone will one day be the same shade of gray, and the same modern culture imposed on all. I especially love Yiddish culture, you probably guessed, and am very sorry it has been such a long time since I met a native Yiddish speaker I guess their descendants are all assimilated SOMEWHERE by now. Anyway, we shall see! Assimilation is the natural process and there has been very little historically that can stop it.

So ironically, the question for the ultra-Zionists is.... do you want your descendants to be Europeans, Americans, or Arabs?

IF THE ANSWER IS EUROPEANS OR AMERICANS, THEN GET OUT OF PALESTINE. THE PLACE HAS A 2000+ YEAR LONG HISTORY OF ASSIMILATING JEWS.
On the other hand, if you can live as equals with your neighbors please stay.

Last edited:

This is by far the most thoughtful response I have seen you post. I like it, a good source and fodder for thought. I think you're right, too. It will take divine intervention to preserve the Jewish people as such. I am a child of the civil rights movement, I love to see different groups getting along and enjoying their differences, viva la difference! But I don't like the thought that everyone will one day be the same shade of gray, and the same modern culture imposed on all. I especially love Yiddish culture, you probably guessed, and am very sorry it has been such a long time since I met a native Yiddish speaker I guess their descendants are all assimilated SOMEWHERE by now. Anyway, we shall see! Assimilation is the natural process and there has been very little historically that can stop it.

So ironically, the question for the ultra-Zionists is.... do you want your descendants to be Europeans, Americans, or Arabs?

In any given modern generation since the Enlightenment, the level of assimilation has been way over 50%.
The majority of these Jews are atheists and their grandchildren either become extremely Orthodox Jews or Catholic...the irony.

IF THE ANSWER IS EUROPEANS OR AMERICANS, THEN GET OUT OF PALESTINE. THE PLACE HAS A 2000+ YEAR LONG HISTORY OF ASSIMILATING JEWS.

Lets see then out of a history spreading back 4,500 years the only mass conversions to anither religing have happened since 637 C.E. when the arab muslims invaded and forced the Jews and Christians to become muslims by using violence and blood shed. Prior to this the Jews lived in relative peace and harmony, working the land and making it fertile. The arabs stayed in their own land worshipping their own galaxy of gods amongst which were 4 now worshipped by muslims. There was allah a minor moon god and 3 bird goddesses by the names of Al-Lat, Al-Uzza and Manat who were also Allah's concubines.

Now the arabs are trying once again to violently take the land and convert the people by using force of arms, rape and bloodshed. They are acting on the commands of their god to KILL THE JEWS and to DOMINATE THE WORLD.

There is no chance that the Jews will become arabs or that Israel will become Palestine, you see to do so would mean that islam was dominant in the whole world and could write its own laws.

So you are certain Jews can only remain Jews OUTside of the Land of Israel...........

If we were smart, since the most worthless people in the US as a group live west of Tallahassee along to Ocean Spring, we should move every out of the panhandle to Lousiana's border, send them to Iran, and settle the Jews where the losers had lived.

They would make it self supporting in like three days.

In reality, Amity, only God knows and she is not speaking.

Potentially, it could be a terrible blood bath.

Heh, I think your idea about Louisiana makes roughly as much sense as Zionism, but it does make a point. In honor of my Cajun friends, though, I really have to object.

I think if there is a period of disengagement for a couple of years, if Israelis speak up and say "NO MORE" then the chances of atrocities diminish exponentially.

But people are people wherever you go. Like I said, if I living in US where I am not suffering this stuff on a daily basis would sometimes like to do something violent, you can imagine what the people who are living in it for 80+ years are feeling. I am not talking about the Israelis because they are rarely exposed to violence, I mean the Palestinians who are living in violence on a daily basis.

So you are certain Jews can only remain Jews OUTside of the Land of Israel...........

No, I feel sadly that they won't remain Jews anywhere for more than one or two hundred years. If in Israel they will be absorbed by the Arab population, if in US or Europe, absorbed by the populations there. Like I said, I am not happy about this, but I think it is pretty much a certainty.

Same thing is happening everywhere around the globe. Yiddish is a dying language, sad, but a language dies every few days I think. I bemoan this all the time, actually. It is just sort of a side light to the issue at hand, though.

Last edited:

No, I feel sadly that they won't remain Jews anywhere for more than one or two hundred years. If in Israel they will be absorbed by the Arab population, if in US or Europe, absorbed by the populations there. Like I said, I am not happy about this, but I think it is pretty much a certainty.

Same thing is happening everywhere around the globe. Yiddish is a dying language, sad, but a language dies every few days I think. I bemoan this all the time, actually. It is just sort of a side light to the issue at hand, though.

I wonder if Amity could tell us what would happen if all those Muslims who dropped out of Islam and became Christians or Atheists if they actually proclaimed the truth to their friends and relatives. So many have said that they are afraid to speak out for fear or being harassed or killed by their friends and relatives. Then on the other hand, we have all those Christian womem who have married Muslim fellows that a Catholic Bishop in Europe has spoken against this. I wonder how the families of these Christian women feel about these marriages.

If we were smart, since the most worthless people in the US as a group live west of Tallahassee along to Ocean Spring, we should move every out of the panhandle to Lousiana's border, send them to Iran, and settle the Jews where the losers had lived.

They would make it self supporting in like three days.

In reality, Amity, only God knows and she is not speaking.

Potentially, it could be a terrible blood bath.

Heh, I think your idea about Louisiana makes roughly as much sense as Zionism, but it does make a point. In honor of my Cajun friends, though, I really have to object.

I think if there is a period of disengagement for a couple of years, if Israelis speak up and say "NO MORE" then the chances of atrocities diminish exponentially.

But people are people wherever you go. Like I said, if I living in US where I am not suffering this stuff on a daily basis would sometimes like to do something violent, you can imagine what the people who are living in it for 80+ years are feeling. I am not talking about the Israelis because they are rarely exposed to violence, I mean the Palestinians who are living in violence on a daily basis.

Why, Amith, there are descendents of people who fought in the American Revolution, and they are not too happy with your new friends living in their midst. In fact, a friend told me years ago that when some Palestinian youths in White Plains, New York desecrated some synagogue; after the judge found them guilty, the father of one of them said, "You might as well just fly the flag of Israel on the roof of the courthouse. I am sure most of us agree that if our children did that to the same to some house of worship, we would be thinking up an appropriate punishment for them and not quickly try to drag in some other country. Anyhow, this friend said that on his street in Yonkers, everyone was armed, mainly with shotguns, because they didn't trust the Palestinian Muslims.

Why, Amith, there are descendents of people who fought in the American Revolution, and they are not too happy with your new friends living in their midst.

Sally, I am a descendant of American Revolution, and apparently even people who came over on the Mayflower.

I don't know the story in White Plains, I can't vouch for the kids or their parents.
Don't get too hung up on it, there are Palestinian a-holes too. People are people wherever you go.

Last edited:
Sally, I am a descendant of American Revolution, and apparently even people who came over on the Mayflower.

I don't know the story in White Plains, I can't vouch for the kids or their parents.
Don't get too hung up on it, there are Palestinian a-holes too. People are people wherever you go.

You don't say. My son-in-law's ancestors was the Minister for the Pilgrims, and one of the ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence. You are fooling yourself if you think that all the people here in the U.S. are cheering for your terrorist friends.

Amherst Yiddish Language Institute addresses increasing interest in learning Yiddish language | masslive.com

"....In this country that is now proudly multicultural and celebrating diversity, Jewishness is seen not as a religion alone; the cultural aspects of the identity are being explored. “This is a very exciting time,” Lansky said. “We’re rediscovering the cultural constellation of which Yiddish is a jumping off point.”

The center’s new Yiddish Language Institute offers new technology to reach students throughout the world who seek to broaden their language and cultural bases.

Staff is working with the best teachers in the field to develop lively online Yiddish courses for high school students, college students and adults and develop an ambitious, modern, multimedia Yiddish textbook that can be used for self-study and classroom and online learning.

“There is a dearth (of such materials) at the moment,” said Asya Vaisman, director of the Yiddish Language Institute that began in August at the center....."

Well, they'll have to wait a couple of years until my husband retires - but this seems like a good project for us : )) We've been supporters of the center for decades.

Wow, that is great. And so ironic too. I am very happy. Are any of these folks native speakers, though? I think the native speakers of Yiddish are a tiny group at this point. And that is the criterion for a language to be considered living or dead.

Amherst Yiddish Language Institute addresses increasing interest in learning Yiddish language | masslive.com

"....In this country that is now proudly multicultural and celebrating diversity, Jewishness is seen not as a religion alone; the cultural aspects of the identity are being explored. “This is a very exciting time,” Lansky said. “We’re rediscovering the cultural constellation of which Yiddish is a jumping off point.”

The center’s new Yiddish Language Institute offers new technology to reach students throughout the world who seek to broaden their language and cultural bases.

Staff is working with the best teachers in the field to develop lively online Yiddish courses for high school students, college students and adults and develop an ambitious, modern, multimedia Yiddish textbook that can be used for self-study and classroom and online learning.

“There is a dearth (of such materials) at the moment,” said Asya Vaisman, director of the Yiddish Language Institute that began in August at the center....."

Well, they'll have to wait a couple of years until my husband retires - but this seems like a good project for us : )) We've been supporters of the center for decades.

I think they are giving Yiddish classes out here in Los Angeles. I know that some of the Assyrians are taking Aramaic. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Jews left in Europe know how to speak Yiddish to each other. Hey, even Colin Powell, who was the Secretary of State, knows how to speak Yiddish.

Forum List

Back