The Family: A Proclamation to the world

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
In 1995, the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles proclaimed the following proclamation on the family. This past weekend we were invited to study and to teach the proclamation as Eternal Truth. We were instructed how the Proclamation was written. I want to invite allnto stu and consider it and encourage you all to align your life with the eternal truths it teaches. As you act to live these truths, you will find peace and happiness in this life.

The plan and the proclamation

I'm going to quote something from it that has impressed me this week.

ALL HUMAN BEINGS—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny.

Everyone is created in the image of God. Donald Trump is created in the image of God. Hillary Clinton is created in the image of God. Those "evil" conservatives and progressives are created in the image of God.

No matter what you believe, No matter which side you are on, the people you oppose are created in the image of God. They are sons or daughters of God.

That is significant. And how we treat our fellow human beings should reflect that fundamental truth

If Donald Trump is created in the image of god then we're all fucked.

But it would explain deformed babies, they're just fodder for hospitals and Big Pharma to make money off of.

But it would explain deformed babies, they're just fodder for hospitals and Big Pharma to make money off of.

Even you are created in the image of God. Your Heavenly Father loves you.

Mocking doesn't change that these things are true. Nor does it bring the happiness you could have if you followed these precepts.

When you are ready please remember that He will welcome you with open arms

Mocking doesn't change that these things are true. Nor does it bring the happiness you could have if you followed these precepts.

There's more proof for re-incarnation than there is of some invisible guy coming to hug you.

There's more proof for re-incarnation than there is of some invisible guy coming to hug you.

When you feel His love, you will disagree. I didn't always know God. But when He revealed Himself His absolutely love for me was what was overwhelming. It didn't matter what I had done, He still loved me.

I don't know who has hurt you in the past. But I can promise you that He loves you and He will heal you if you let Him

When you feel His love, you will disagree. I didn't always know God. But when He revealed Himself His absolutely love for me was what was overwhelming. It didn't matter what I had done, He still loved me.

I don't know who has hurt you in the past. But I can promise you that He loves you and He will heal you if you let Him
I've been hurt AND healed, but not by some invisible dude. There's no proof of that.

I've been hurt AND healed, but not by some invisible dude. There's no proof of that.

There is if you seek Him out rather than assume the conclusion and never do anything to find out.

When I was searching i studied the scriptures often. I prayed. I told God that I didn't know if He was there. But if He was I believed He had the power to show me in His time.

I still remember the day. What I was doing. I remember how it felt to be full of the Holy Spirit to the point it was overwhelming. I remember feeling His pure love.

I encourage you to seek out God. He is your Father. I invite you to study and live the principles found in the Proclamation.

"The Divine Plan of Happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave."

This is true. I know it because the Spirit has revealed it to me. You can know it too.

There is if you seek Him out rather than assume the conclusion and never do anything to find out.

When I was searching i studied the scriptures often. I prayed. I told God that I didn't know if He was there. But if He was I believed He had the power to show me in His time.

I still remember the day. What I was doing. I remember how it felt to be full of the Holy Spirit to the point it was overwhelming. I remember feeling His pure love.

I encourage you to seek out God. He is your Father. I invite you to study and live the principles found in the Proclamation.

"The Divine Plan of Happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave."

This is true. I know it because the Spirit has revealed it to me. You can know it too.
C'mon, give me more than just a bunch of feel good words, something I can sink my teeth into. Anyways, I've seen god, he was at the end of a very long line of coke (back in the day, of course), lol.

ALL HUMAN BEINGS—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny.

Everyone is created in the image of God. Donald Trump is created in the image of God. Hillary Clinton is created in the image of God. Those "evil" conservatives and progressives are created in the image of God.

No matter what you believe, No matter which side you are on, the people you oppose are created in the image of God. They are sons or daughters of God.

That is significant. And how we treat our fellow human beings should reflect that fundamental truth
Nice words. Even an agnostic can like them, I just wish more Christians and non-Christians lived this way.

C'mon, give me more than just a bunch of feel good words, something I can sink my teeth into. Anyways, I've seen god, he was at the end of a very long line of coke (back in the day, of course), lol.

The scriptures are before you. You are invited to study them and seek God for yourself. I cannot do the work for you. Knowing God is a personal experience.

I can only promise you that when you do sincerely seek Him, you will find Him. I can testify that the Lord loves you. He wont force Himself on you. He will wait for you to come to Him.

Come learn from Him and He will reveal the plan of happiness.

Nice words. Even an agnostic can like them, I just wish more Christians and non-Christians lived this way.

They are nice words. They are also Eternal Truth. Even an agnostic can learn that they are true.

And yes it would be wonderful if more people lived that way. Unfortunately even the best intentioned often fall far short. I know I do

The is the most pathetic, sheepish lemming crap I could possibly imagine. Holy cripes

The scriptures are before you. You are invited to study them and seek God for yourself. I cannot do the work for you. Knowing God is a personal experience.

I can only promise you that when you do sincerely seek Him, you will find Him. I can testify that the Lord loves you. He wont force Himself on you. He will wait for you to come to Him.

Come learn from Him and He will reveal the plan of happiness.
I tried reading the book of Mormons, but it was complete nonsense. As for the bible, I still can't get anyone here to tell me how Noah got kangaroos for Australia and back again.

In 1995, the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles proclaimed the following proclamation on the family. This past weekend we were invited to study and to teach the proclamation as Eternal Truth. We were instructed how the Proclamation was written. I want to invite allnto stu and consider it and encourage you all to align your life with the eternal truths it teaches. As you act to live these truths, you will find peace and happiness in this life.

The plan and the proclamation

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

that marriage between a man and a woman .. /.. is ordained of God ...

that is not a 1st century origin or from any source from antiquity but is attributed to - the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - or are you implying otherwise.

how then do you claim it is the will of the Almighty.

what heavenly parent(s) are you alluding to, are they the same for all beings.

Gender, does that mean there are two heavens.

1)It was written in 1995 by the first presidency and council of the twelve apostles as they were instructed from revelation by the Spirit. Elder Oaks explains some of the process in the link I provided in the op.

2)The will of the Lord is determined by revelation given to those who hold the keys and stewardship to receive it and confirmed by the Holy Spirit to all those who ask of God.

3)God

4) no idea what you mean by two heavens or what it has to do with the two genders

1)It was written in 1995 by the first presidency and council of the twelve apostles as they were instructed from revelation by the Spirit. Elder Oaks explains some of the process in the link I provided in the op.

2)The will of the Lord is determined by revelation given to those who hold the keys and stewardship to receive it and confirmed by the Holy Spirit to all those who ask of God.

3)God

4) no idea what you mean by two heavens or what it has to do with the two genders

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

I guess I was asking when in Antiquity, the 1st century was marriage "ordained of God" I thought you said it was but rereading your comments it was only in the article.

still interesting you believe you have the right to proclaim, yourselves the intent of the Almighty not shared by them through an event in history everyone is familiar with.

3)God

I guess I was asking when in Antiquity, the 1st century was marriage "ordained of God" I thought you said it was but rereading your comments it was only in the article.

still interesting you believe you have the right to proclaim, yourselves the intent of the Almighty not shared by them through an event in history everyone is familiar with.

The Lord has always called and authorized men to speak on His behalf. That's how we received the scriptures to begin with

Forum List

Back