Zone1 Theology of the Body

Not sure how you made that leap in logic. The way I see it, life is effectively a test and in that regard the flesh is of avail but that is not what is being tested. It's being used as the test.
How does the body reveal that life is a test? How does body reveal what is being tested? How does the body reveal the answers to that test?

And here is the central problem. The visible is not being used to illuminate the invisible. Scripture is being used to illuminate the invisible. That's all well and good, I suppose, but it's not Body Theology.
What power do words have unless put into practice by the body? Pure love is what is to be illuminated.

How does the body reveal that life is a test? How does body reveal what is being tested? How does the body reveal the answers to that test?
The material world is the test of which the body is an integral part of the test and the material world.

From the atheists' perspective there is no test only the satisfaction of material needs and primitive impulses. So I get why you are asking such dumb questions.

The material world is the test of which the body is an integral part of the test and the material world.

From the atheists' perspective there is no test only the satisfaction of material needs and primitive impulses. So I get why you are asking such dumb questions.
All I'm asking you to do is stay on topic and explain how Body Theology reveals the invisible. You can't do this, why is why my questions make you so uncomfortable.

All I'm asking you to do is stay on topic and explain how Body Theology reveals the invisible. You can't do this, why is why my questions make you so uncomfortable.
Your questions don't make me uncomfortable. My involvement in this thread did not center on the OP. It centered on statements you made in post #36... which also weren't centered on the OP. If anything my comments made you uncomfortable and that's why you didn't want to continue discussing them.

But if you wish for me to engage in this topic, I'm more than happy to do so, but you should be careful for what you wish for.

God can be known through the light of human reason by studying what God created. God's invisible attributes (i.e. theology) can be discovered the same way... principally through the study of yourself. There is probably nothing in the universe that you know better than yourself. You are with yourself 24/7/365. C.S. Lewis summarized this perfectly in his chapter titled, Right and Wrong as a Clue to The Meaning of The Universe, in his book titled Mere Christianity. So you can either read that chapter yourself or I can spoon feed it to you. Your call.

Forum List

Back