The first couple portrayed as apes

Damn, Pogo, give it up already. How many times do you have to have your ass handed to you before you slink away in defeat? I almost feel embarrassed for you. ALMOST.

From the smegma sucker who thinks racism means mentioning what Fox News' demographics are. :rolleyes:

Poster please. You're not even part of this. Vigilante's clearly an idiot but at least he puts his own posts up rather than standing on the side barking like a schnauzer with a hair up its ass.

Last edited:
Source FOUR:
In Pulaski, Tennessee, a group of Confederate veterans convenes to form a secret society that they christen the "Ku Klux Klan." The KKK rapidly grew from a secret social fraternity to a paramilitary force bent on reversing the federal government's progressive Reconstruction Era-activities in the South, especially policies that elevated the rights of the local African American population.

The name of the Ku Klux Klan was derived from the Greek word kyklos, meaning "circle," and the Scottish-Gaelic word "clan," which was probably chosen for the sake of alliteration. Under a platform of philosophized white racial superiority, the group employed violence as a means of pushing back Reconstruction and its enfranchisement of African Americans. Former Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest was the KKK's first grand wizard; in 1869, he unsuccessfully tried to disband it after he grew critical of the Klan's excessive violence. <<

Source FIVE:
>> The original Ku Klux Klan was created in an 1865 meeting in a law office by six Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee. It was, at first, a humorous social club centering on practical jokes and hazing rituals. From 1866 to 1867, various local units began breaking up black prayer meetings and invading black homes at night to steal firearms. Some of these activities may have been modeled on previous Tennessee vigilante groups such as the Yellow Jackets and Redcaps. In an 1867 convention held in Nashville, the Klan was formalized as a national organization under a “Prescript” written by George Gordon, a former Confederate brigadier general.

... As historian Elaine Frantz Parsons discovered [Parsons p 816]:

“Lifting the Klan mask revealed a chaotic multitude of antiblack vigilante groups, disgruntled poor white farmers, wartime guerrilla bands, displaced Democratic politicians, illegal whiskey distillers, coercive moral reformers, bored young men, sadists, rapists, white workmen fearful of black competition, employers trying to enforce labor discipline, common thieves, neighbors with decades-old grudges, and even a few freedmen and white Republicans who allied with Democratic whites or had criminal agendas of their own.” <<

Source SIX:
>> The first Klan was created by six men from Pulaski Tennessee, in the image of other secret societies of the day. The hierarchical organization with local chapters housed under a national umbressa [sic] structure.

... History and context:

The first KKK was formed in the American South at the end of the civil war, when the victorious Union government imposed a version of martial law on the south and began to enforce laws designed to end segregation against black citizens. When a constitutional amendment granted black men the right to vote in 1870, the group turned to intimidation and violence to try to halt de-segregation. <<

Source SEVEN:
>> Started during Reconstruction at the end of the Civil War, the Klan quickly mobilized as a vigilante group to intimidate Southern blacks - and any whites who would help them - and to prevent them from enjoying basic civil rights. <<

Source EIGHT:
>> The original Ku Klux Klan was organized by ex-Confederate elements to oppose the Reconstruction policies of the radical Republican Congress and to maintain "white supremacy." After the Civil War, when local government in the South was weak or nonexistent and there were fears of black outrages and even of an insurrection, informal vigilante organizations or armed patrols were formed in almost all communities. These were linked together in societies, such as the Men of Justice, the Pale Faces, the Constitutional Union Guards, the White Brotherhood, and the Order of the White Rose. The Ku Klux Klan was the best known of these, and in time it absorbed many of the smaller organizations. <<

Source NINE:
>> The 19th-century Klan was originally organized as a social club by Confederate veterans in Pulaski, Tenn., in 1866. They apparently derived the name from the Greek word kyklos, from which comes the English “circle”; “Klan” was added for the sake of alliteration and Ku Klux Klan emerged. The organization quickly became a vehicle for Southern white underground resistance to Radical Reconstruction. Klan members sought the restoration of white supremacy through intimidation and violence aimed at the newly enfranchised black freedmen. A similar organization, the Knights of the White Camelia, began in Louisiana in 1867. <<

You lost. Get over it. And lift a finger to do some fucking homework next time.

And don't worry about my time; this is part of the research I do and have already done. That's how I knew you were completely full of shit when you started this malarkey.

Look at all the SHIT this retard has gone through to try and prove, to himself, I might add, that PBS was completely wrong by stating "Southern Democrats formed organizations that violently intimidated blacks and Republicans who tried to win political power. The most prominent of these, the Ku Klux Klan, was formed in Pulaski, Tennessee, in 1865"

What, pray tell is so difficult to understand here?... I swear, it's that OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER shaking this Boy to his very roots! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::eusa_clap:

DENIAL, you absolutely have a terminal case of it! I do hope your insurance policy is paid up, hate to have your wife have her house taken away when your heart gives out from stress! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Damn, Pogo, give it up already. How many times do you have to have your ass handed to you before you slink away in defeat? I almost feel embarrassed for you. ALMOST.

From the smegma sucker who thinks racism means mentioning what Fox News' demographics are. :rolleyes:

Poster please. You're not even part of this. Vigilante's clearly an idiot but at least he puts his own posts up rather than standing on the side barking like a schnauzer with a hair up its ass.

The STRESS is getting to him, heart rate faster, blood pressure going up, soon headaches and vomiting, better take an aspirin, and call the doctor in the morning! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::cuckoo:....FRUITCAKE CITY!:eusa_shhh:

Clearly I know one fuck of a lot more about history than you do. And have a lot more books.

Stress?

Which one of us is posting all the strings of exclamation points, nervous-laughter emoticons and badly captioned Google Images?
You lost, Danth. Deal with it.

Last edited:

I already handed you your ass a couple of pages back, but you can act as though it never happened. The other members, however, can go back and see for themselves how you have been struggling to rewrite history and failing miserably.

Meanwhile, back in the Present:

KKK Recruitment Flyers Distributed in Central Louisiana Neighborhoods

>> EUNICE, La (WVLA) &#8211; Someone is passing out hateful flyers in the Acadiana area, telling Eunice residents the KKK is &#8220;awake.&#8221;

This flier was passed out in one predominantly black neighborhood over the weekend.

...According to the website listed on the flyer, they are &#8220;the largest and most active Klan in America.&#8221;

The website also says: &#8220;We hate drugs, homosexuality, abortion, and race-mixing because these things go against God&#8217;s law and they are destroying all white nations.&#8221; <<

Yup, that sounds like Democrats. (/sarc)

Why yes it does, SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS.... who else would it be...I bet you think it's them rascal Republicans, and specifically the, shall I say those awful words....THE TEA PARTY!!!!!... OMG, I'm convulsing in laughter!:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Last edited:

I already handed you your ass a couple of pages back, but you can act as though it never happened. The other members, however, can go back and see for themselves how you have been struggling to rewrite history and failing miserably.

This is too fucking funny. His SUSPENSION OF REALITY is the worst case by a subversive that I've ever encountered....and he keeps piling onto it....simply amazing, I have to bookmark this to display on other forums for those folks to look at and comment.... My chest hurts from the guffaws!:D

Wrong, dickhead. You claimed David Duke was rebuked by the Republican Party; I called for you to link it and you went crickets. Then I pointed out that he was the Republican Party Chair. That's when you ran away.

Oh yeah it's all back there, moron.

This is too fucking funny. His SUSPENSION OF REALITY is the worst case by a subversive that I've ever encountered....and he keeps piling onto it....simply amazing, I have to bookmark this to display on other forums for those folks to look at and comment.... My chest hurts from the guffaws!:D

Face it, NervousDanth. I put nine sources up; all of them go into more detail and not a single one of them supports your PBS wording. Is there anything that does? No?

To be honest I didn't list everything I found; one site for instance had Nathan Bedford Forrest starting the KKK. But nobody recounts a Democratic Party founding it.

That was your contention; you're unable to document it. Therefore --- YOU LOSE.

You history revisionists kill me -- you must think because you bury your own heads in the sand everybody else will too.

The Democratic Party not only invented the KKK but invented slavery. They used slaves to build the Pyramids. Hitler was a leftist. FDR caused the Depression. Clinton caused 9/11 and O'bama caused the economic collapse of 2008, months before he was even elected, by using his magic TelePrompTer. O'bama also caused Hurricane Sandy with the same device.

These are all hystories I've learned at this site from you Revisionista hacks. It's hilarious.
Especially watching you squirm when confronted with the facts.

Last edited:
Clearly I know one fuck of a lot more about history than you do. And have a lot more books.

Stress?

Which one of us is posting all the strings of exclamation points, nervous-laughter emoticons and badly captioned Google Images?
You lost, Danth. Deal with it.

Now the braggadocios idiot is claiming "I HAVE A LOT MORE BOOKS"! He doesn't know me, I don't want to know him (his writing makes one believe he is dangerously deranged), but his simplistic style of denial is textbook Obsessive compulsive disorder.

I enjoy those little emoticons, they simply drive home the feeling of the thread! If I were a religious man, I'd :eusa_pray: for you, but I'm not so I'll:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin: at you.!

Face it, NervousDanth. I put nine sources up; all of them go into more detail and not a single one of them supports your PBS wording. Is there anything that does? No?
To be honest I didn't list everything I found; one site for instance had Nathan Bedford Forrest starting the KKK. But nobody recounts a Democratic Party founding it.

That was your contention; you're unable to document it. Therefore --- YOU LOSE.

:lol::lol::lol: who cares what you put up, I'll go with a proven source, PBS! I don't have to document anything, PBS has done it for me, now I just have to get a little rest, but I'm sure you'll post something else equally as inane as you have been, and I'll be back to play with your head tomorrow. You've tired me out from the hilarity of your compulsion.....DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT.... this is the internet, OMG!!!!!!! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::badgrin::eusa_clap:

Wrong, dickhead. You claimed David Duke was rebuked by the Republican Party; I called for you to link it and you went crickets. Then I pointed out that he was the Republican Party Chair. That's when you ran away.

So, because I don't jump through your diversionary hoops, that means you win? Face it, "dood", your ass has been handed to you several times in this thread. You're gonna pass out from all the spinning. But please don't stop, it's fun watching you squirm. You're like a rat on a treadmill, you don't know when to jump off.

I think its wrong but being wrong has never stopper the left in their attacks on the right either. so it goes both ways. as long as it remains an acceptable practice for one side to do it, the other side will continue to do it to.

I am as discomforted by the ranting of ideologues and dogmatists on both sides of the aisle. That our elected officials fling stupid shit at one another is unfortunate but to be expected. We as Americans don't need to follow their lead.

I'm more pissed that our politicians no longer represent us, but represent special interests instead. I'm more pissed that we as citizens let them create the great divide with their child like games. fact is, democrats control, corporations still benefit, the rich get richer, the poor still remain poor. Republicans control, abortion still remains legal, books aren't burned, churches don't control the government. our government plays the divide and conquer game great. the more outrageous the attack the more angered people will be with the other side.

So true. Eisenhower tried to warn us. Down here we pretend the red and blue puppets are some sort of different, which is exactly what those holding the puppet strings want. Keep fighting with each other; whatever you do don't look up at the puppeteer.

So, because I don't jump through your diversionary hoops, that means you win? Face it, "dood", your ass has been handed to you several times in this thread. You're gonna pass out from all the spinning. But please don't stop, it's fun watching you squirm. You're like a rat on a treadmill, you don't know when to jump off.

Now that he might get the message that PBS is a more trusted source than a subversive, I just wonder if he'll let go of this problem he has, or will he try to be LAST POSTER in this thread....time will tell:lol::lol::lol:

2qa39n8.jpg

Last edited:
Satire? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Belgian Newspaper Accused Of Racism For Picture Of Obama And Michelle As Apes

De Morgen apologized for the image in its Monday edition, admitting it was guilty of "bad taste."

"When you consider the fragment apart from its context, which is a properly worked out satirical section, then you don't see the joke but just a picture evoking sheer racism," the newspaper said. "We wrongly assumed that racism is no longer accepted, and that in this way it could be the subject of a joke."

Unigwe, who lives in Belgium, went on to tweet in depth about the controversial spread, noting that the fault lies with Belgian society moreso than De Morgen:

I really can't find the possible humor angle. I guess I need to evolve more, or something.

Not surprising and not the first time.

California Tea Party Activist Portrays President Obama as a Monkey | Politicus USA's Archives

a commie site, please spare us
I wouldn't believe anything they said if it came notarized on their tongue

And the twisting, turning, and struggling continues. I haven't heard one liberal condemn Byrd yet. I've heard them make a lot of excuses for him but not one condemnation.

If Byrd had become a Republican like Thurmond did, you'd be defending him, just like Strum Thurmond is defended and revered. You only mention Byrd because he is the only Democrat you can point to as a racist, while the Republican party has many......

So, quit acting as if you've discovered a gold mine....it just shows how ignorant some conservatives can be and how little they know of their party.

Strom Thurmond: A Tribute

Former Untied States Senator Strom Thurmond died today. He was just one hundred years old. He was a solider, a lawyer, a judge, a Governor, a Presidential candidate, and the longest-serving Senator in the entire history of the United States. He was a man of honor. He was a great man. And he was a hero.

In the days to come you will hear many obituaries for Strom and, I am certain, virtually all of them will come with a ‘but.’ Yes, they will say, Senator Thurmond did this and this, but he was also once a segregationist. This will come from the same people in the media who praise Robert Byrd a man who, at about the same time then-Governor Thurmond was losing a Senate Primary because he appointed a black Doctor to a state medical board, was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. There will even be those who will denounce him, a warrior who gave three lifetimes worth of service to his country, ignoring the facts of his life.

Strom Thurmond was a patriot. More than that, he is a man who played a great role in helping to heal the country from the lingering wounds of the Civil War, and to propel it to greatness. When he was born, in December of 1902, there were still men alive who had fought with Lee at Gettysburg who were not yet fifty-five. Young Strom probably sat with many of them, and heard their stories of the lost cause, and became a Democrat. Because, in those days, every white person in the South was a Democrat.

Who ever would have thought that the white South would come to embrace the party of Lincoln? It’s one of those historical oddities that, if you predicted it just a few years earlier, would have been utterly unbelievable. Yet it happened, and it happened because of him. When, in 1964, he switched parties it was an earthquake in Southern politics. The GOP, after all, was the party of William T. Sherman, and all of the rest who had so long been reviled in the South. But the people went with him and, in doing so, they healed many of the wounds of the long-ago war.

[url=http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/936388/posts]Strom Thurmond: A Tribute[/URL]

In his Washington Post column, Fox News contributor George Will downplayed the explicitly racist, segregationist presidential campaigns of Strom Thurmond and George Wallace, referring to them as merely focused on the "burning issues" of "regional grievances relating to race" and "venting class and cultural resentments," respectfully.
George Will Whitewashes Racism From Pro-Segregation Presidential Campaigns | Blog | Media Matters for America

You just can't stay on the fact BYRD was a member of the KKK, can you
must distract must distract...lol

Satire? I don't think that word means what they think it means.

Belgian Newspaper Accused Of Racism For Picture Of Obama And Michelle As Apes

I really can't find the possible humor angle. I guess I need to evolve more, or something.

Not surprising and not the first time.

California Tea Party Activist Portrays President Obama as a Monkey | Politicus USA's Archives

a commie site, please spare us
I wouldn't believe anything they said if it came notarized on their tongue

A "commie site"? :lalala:

Is the story untrue?

Here it is on a local TV station (with images) How can they have images of it if it's made up?

Here it is in a local entertainment paper --

>> The Weekly has obtained a copy of an email sent to fellow conservatives this week by Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party.

Under the words, "Now you know why no birth certificate," there's an Obama family portrait showing them as apes.

... (Update: KCAL and KCBS reported during their respective 10 and 11 p.m. broadcasts that in a telephone interview Davenport blamed the media for this controversy and slammed down the phone.)

>> "When I saw that email today I thought it was despicable," Baugh said. "It is dripping with racism and it does not promote the type of message Orange County Republicans want to deliver to the public. I think she should consider stepping down as an elected official." << -- Scott Baugh, OC Republican Party Chair

Why would the party Chair be denouncing a story that was made up by "a commie site"?

Then there's this... (same article)
obama_watermelons-thumb-369x276.jpg

Is that made up by a "commie site" too? Why would the mayor apologize for it?

Funny Orange County should come up, there was a tangent just recently about the KKK, who won some Anaheim city council seats there back in the infamous '20s. Strange place.

Last edited:

The STRESS is getting to him, heart rate faster, blood pressure going up, soon headaches and vomiting, better take an aspirin, and call the doctor in the morning! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::cuckoo:....FRUITCAKE CITY!:eusa_shhh:
There is no doubt that in the first half of 20th century, KKK members were either Democrats or had no party affiliation because the South was mostly Democrat. Republicans in the South were about as common as whites at an NAACP rally. Democrats were so strong that the South was called the "Solid South". Winning a Democratic Primary in most southern states was equivalent winning the election. In national elections, the deep south voted Democrat in every election in first half of the 20th century.

So, yes, the KKK before the mid 20th century attacked Republicans, not because of their achievements in civil rights but because they were the party of Lincoln, they were Yankees, and they weren't Democrats.

However, after the mid 20th century roles reversed. As Blacks flooded into the Democratic Party in the South, KKK members and segregationist began to move away from the Democratic Party. Some supported 3rd parties, became independents, and joined the Republican party while other remained in the Democrat party but voted Republican in national elections. The Solid South was becoming solidly Republican in national elections. They gained more strength in state elections. The KKK which now is about 6 different groups strongly opposes Democrats, supporting independents and Republicans, a total reversal from a hundred years ago.

There is no doubt that in the first half of 20th century, KKK members were either Democrats or had no party affiliation because the South was mostly Democrat. Republicans in the South were about as common as whites at an NAACP rally. Democrats were so strong that the South was called the "Solid South". Winning a Democratic Primary in most southern states was equivalent winning the election. In national elections, the deep south voted Democrat in every election in first half of the 20th century.

So, yes, the KKK before the mid 20th century attacked Republicans, not because of their achievements in civil rights but because they were the party of Lincoln, they were Yankees, and they weren't Democrats.

However, after the mid 20th century roles reversed. As Blacks flooded into the Democratic Party in the South, KKK members and segregationist began to move away from the Democratic Party. Some supported 3rd parties, became independents, and joined the Republican party while other remained in the Democrat party but voted Republican in national elections. The Solid South was becoming solidly Republican in national elections. They gained more strength in state elections. The KKK which now is about 6 different groups strongly opposes Democrats, supporting independents and Republicans, a total reversal from a hundred years ago.
You revisionists keep pushing that role reversal claim but if that were the case, Bob Byrd would have been pushed out of the Democratic Party instead of being elevated to party leader in the Senate through the second half of the century. He was called "a national treasure" by every top Democrat in the party. Nice try though. And the only reason blacks embraced the Democratic Party is because Lyndon Johnson started buying their votes with welfare checks. "I'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next 100 years". - Lyndon Johnson

You revisionists keep pushing that role reversal claim but if that were the case, Bob Byrd would have been pushed out of the Democratic Party instead of being elevated to party leader in the Senate through the second half of the century. He was called "a national treasure" by every top Democrat in the party. Nice try though. And the only reason blacks embraced the Democratic Party is because Lyndon Johnson started buying their votes with welfare checks. "I'll have those ******* voting Democrat for the next 100 years". - Lyndon Johnson

You know that quote is uncorroborated, right? Nah, you probably don't...

What he's talking about by "role reversal" is the shift in the population of the South from blue to red. Was there a sudden influx of new people, while the existing ones were exiled away in some latter day Trail of Tears? Nope, same people, same conservative values. Only the name of the party has changed. Traditions die hard here but these conservatives could no longer countenance a political party with which they had so many fundamental differences.

His point, and it's a valid one, is that as far as the tangent of the KKK, their values haven't changed either, and they'll align with whatever party reflects them, and against whatever party doesn't. Which disproves the specious relationship idea tendered when this tangent hit the fan.

Again, that does not mean the Republican Party invented the KKK, because that would be the same illogic as Vagina-boy brought in in the first place.

Forum List

Back