The Five: Is DeSantis eclipsing Trump in the Republican Party? NYT says Trump is kinder, gentler, funnier than DeSantis

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
NYT calls DeSantis a “meaner” Trump who is better at using the levers of the state. They mean this as an insult. But it is exactly why I like him.

FdJ5y7qWYAAwsSA

NYT calls DeSantis a “meaner” Trump who is better at using the levers of the state. They mean this as an insult. But it is exactly why I like him.

DeSantis must be making the NYT wonder if it’s effort to destroy Trump is a poor idea.

DeSantis must be making the NYT wonder if it’s effort to destroy Trump is a poor idea.
The whole idea of ANY "outsider" getting in control without their approval is what drives them crazy. Trump was easy to manage and demonize and I think the thought of DeSantis taking that job scares the HELL OUT OF THEM!. He wouldn't be nearly as easy to manipulate into public pronouncements that they could spin and twist and I'm guessing that if NYT is already talking trash about DeSantis it's because they can't find any dirt to go to the perpetual investigations over.

If Trump OR DeSantis wins in '24, the biggest losers won't be media or the Dems. The worst loser will be the RINOS. IF they try to sandbag the winner like they did so effectively with Trump, they'll be seen for what they are and shown the door in 2 years.

Dems and RINOs are skeered.

Trump is a known quantity to them and there's a certain odd "comfort zone" in place now. The left knows how to get his goat and the RINOs know how to complement him to get what they want.....They both can work his known character flaws.

DeSantis is a "no shits given" politician and does not let the left get under his skin, he just goes after his goals and I don't see him letting the RINOs bending him to their will though he will bend them to his and have a pretty easy job of doing it.

DeSantis has TRAPPED the left with the Martha's Vineyard immigrants thing, and there's nothing they can do to get out!

Forum List

Back