The Fizzling IRS Scandal continues: Lois Lerner put on Admin Leave

I think the Obama Admin's goal is for Lerner to be the scapegoat. Her taking of the 5th is a delaying tactic to negotiate her pay off for doing so.

I agree.

This scandal reminds me in some ways of the Bush admin's problem for firing district attorneys for political reasons.

One would think politicians of all stripes would learn but since they despise the voters we keep getting this stuff.

Once again for the too slow and too stupid. The ATTORNEYS had served their 4 year assignment, Bush had every right to remove them for ANY reason he wanted at ANY time he wanted. Those guys serve at the Presidents pleasure.

RGS, you are among the slow and stupid then, because they were removed for political reasons not because they had served their four year assignments. As long as you remain doctrinaire, you fail to serve America's better interests.

Failure exists in both major parties, and We the People need to correct them in the ballot box.

I think the Obama Admin's goal is for Lerner to be the scapegoat. Her taking of the 5th is a delaying tactic to negotiate her pay off for doing so.

I agree.

This scandal reminds me in some ways of the Bush admin's problem for firing district attorneys for political reasons.

One would think politicians of all stripes would learn but since they despise the voters we keep getting this stuff.

Where was the evidence that the attorneys were covering up for wrongdoing by the Bush Administration and were taking the 5th as they negotiated "scapegoat" compensation?

I missed that in the news.

I agree.

Once again for the too slow and too stupid. The ATTORNEYS had served their 4 year assignment, Bush had every right to remove them for ANY reason he wanted at ANY time he wanted. Those guys serve at the Presidents pleasure.

RGS, you are among the slow and stupid then, because they were removed for political reasons not because they had served their four year assignments. As long as you remain doctrinaire, you fail to serve America's better interests.

Failure exists in both major parties, and We the People need to correct them in the ballot box.

It doesn't matter if they were removed for tying their shoes wrong. Those DA serve at the pleasure of the President, He can fire them for ANY reason and he waited until they had served 4 years before replacing them.

Bush could have fired them cause a pink elephant told him too. And it would not matter.

For what they were fired does matter, and your caterwauling does not change the fact that the bushies were wrong for why did it.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Lois Lerner lying under oath and taking the 5th.

The scandals are somewhere in between fizzling and sizzling. More is going to be needed to reignite the fire. The evidence may indeed be there if the individual gets immunity to testify without fear of indictment.

I'd like to address this issue as "bureaurocrats gone wild".

This is not fizzling away whatsoever. Lerner is in deep shit here. Both sides of the aisle are on her case.

She has history going back to the FEC targeting Christians and Conservatives and she out and out lied to the House Committee four count them four times.

Basically the evil bitch is fucked. :eusa_angel:

If she plays her cards right, she will come out OK. What the House committee can and can't do to her is immaterial; it has no power to harm her.

But . . . what she knows and is willing to tell may empower the House to do other things down the line.

I think there's a lot more to come out regarding this targeting. The buck stops. Just not at the top.

For what they were fired does matter, and your caterwauling does not change the fact that the bushies were wrong for why did it.

That's why other then whining and complaining NOTHING happened about it. Why? Cause Bush was right. DA serve at the Presidents pleasure he can replace them ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON.

That's why other then whining and complaining NOTHING happened about it. Why? Cause Bush was right. DA serve at the Presidents pleasure he can replace them ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON.

Only because he had enough allies in Congress that nothing could be done about it.

Your conclusion is immaterial.

It's still fizzling out of control. :lmao: I just love love love all this fizzling. :eusa_angel:

Lerner has been replaced and put on Administrative leave.

Why hasn’t Lois Lerner been fired?

By Rachel Weiner, Published: May 23, 2013 at 12:36 pmE-mail the writer

Update: Lois Lerner has been put on administrative leave. It’s easier to put a federal worker on leave than to fire him or her outright.

One thing Republicans and Democrats probably agree on: Lois Lerner should lose her job.

Why hasn?t Lois Lerner been fired?
She should be water boarded.

She's smart to wait until the hysterical GOP lynch mob moves on to the next bs "outrage"...

I'd like to address this issue as "bureaurocrats gone wild".

This is not fizzling away whatsoever. Lerner is in deep shit here. Both sides of the aisle are on her case.

She has history going back to the FEC targeting Christians and Conservatives and she out and out lied to the House Committee four count them four times.

Basically the evil bitch is fucked. :eusa_angel:

If she plays her cards right, she will come out OK. What the House committee can and can't do to her is immaterial; it has no power to harm her.

But . . . what she knows and is willing to tell may empower the House to do other things down the line.

whoa geeze because I really do believe that you try to separate the left vs right on so many this one won't dearheart.
Lerner tortured Christian and Conservative groups in the 90s when she was head of the FEC.

The House cons want Obama or Holder far more than Lerner. Watch.

whoa geeze because I really do believe that you try to separate the left vs right on so many this one won't dearheart.
Lerner tortured Christian and Conservative groups in the 90s when she was head of the FEC.

The House cons want Obama or Holder far more than Lerner. Watch.

It looks like Holder is taking some heat over the seizure of the AP phone records --but I don't know what he has to do with the IRS?
DOJ acknowledges Holder on board with warrant for Fox reporter's emails | Fox News

But--I think this article explains why Lerner plead the 5th--it appears that her signature is on some of these forms that the Tea Party sent to the committee.

The IRS official who refused to testify this week -- while claiming she had done nothing wrong -- signed letters to Tea Party groups a year ago that asked them to turn over everything from printouts of their Facebook pages to the credentials of speakers who participated in their events.

A group representing more than a dozen Tea Party groups now suing the IRS released a sample of one of the letters overnight, after the official Lois Lerner was placed on administrative leave. According to one lawmaker, she was only placed on leave after she refused to resign.

Jay Sekulow, chief counsel with the American Center for Law and Justice, said the March 2012 letters show a "paper trail" that reveals her "direct involvement in sending intrusive and harassing questionnaires."
IRS official who refused to testify, resign signed Tea Party letters in 2012 | Fox News

The House can't do anything to her, but she can give them info they dearly want. Let's see what happens.

Lois Lane pleading the fifth is the equivalent of Jimmy Carter claiming that he is not the second worst president in modern times.

Forum List

Back