The Founders Genius Endures: The Electoral System is Awesome

Just out of curiosity, which small states were 'protected' by the election of Trump over Clinton despite his losing the popular vote?
All of them.

How? Don't just babble nonsense. Tell me how. Tell me what Vermont gained by the electoral college overriding the popular vote. Or Wyoming if you wish.
They gained a POTUS they voted for.

They did? Vermont and Wyoming both went with Trump?

Just out of curiosity, which small states were 'protected' by the election of Trump over Clinton despite his losing the popular vote?
All of them.

How? Don't just babble nonsense. Tell me how. Tell me what Vermont gained by the electoral college overriding the popular vote. Or Wyoming if you wish.
Hilarious how the left suddenly don't have a clue as to how and why the EC works all starting Nov 9.

All of them.

They gained a POTUS they voted for.

They did? Vermont and Wyoming both went with Trump?
Hey dufus, how many days did Hillary and Donald spend in small states?

Yeah, a majority of their time was spent campaigning in those States.

I do hope you leftists do take the next few decades of your time and money trying to get 2/3 of Congress, 2/3 of Senate and 3/4 of States to make the change.
Right wingers have called for a national vote too. Grow up.

The electoral college guards against the tyranny of the majority. It's a liberal concept. The fact that those who lose elections whine about it, or that populists in academia and media push a national vote idea, doesn't make it into your whiny, partisan screech

Now that's a bizarre post. You're confused about ... everything. My favorite was how you think the winners are whining that they are winning while the losers who won't get over the election aren't whining

The US wasn't the only country with slaves. The civil war was republicans fighting to free slaves. Addionally the EC was installed to protect the rights of slaves. Our entire country has been about freedom

WTF?

:lol:

That one got away from him. I'm going to agree with jc over you 99 out of 100 times, but the EV was created to protect ... slaves? WTF?

All of them.
Do you think the Founders anticipated electors being chosen based on winner-take-all rules?

Here's the thing when you write it's up to the States. You expect the States to decide. Funny how that works, huh? I'd certainly guess that they'd have seen that though, yes. Think about it, obviously the majority party in a State is going to want all the State delegates to represent them, no?

Forum List

Back