The Founders Genius Endures: The Electoral System is Awesome

jc456
the US is the only country that had slaves to abolish it right? You know that?
The US wasn't the only country with slaves. The civil war was republicans fighting to free slaves. Addionally the EC was installed to protect the rights of slaves. Our entire country has been about freedom

Republicans with a small R (r)? The Confederacy seceded. The American Civil War was fought to keep the Union intact. The Southern Confederacy seceded mainly over the issue of slavery.

If you meant Republicans as a party, you are being less than truthful if you imply the values and principles of today's GOP are those of Lincoln's party.

jc456
The US wasn't the only country with slaves. The civil war was republicans fighting to free slaves. Addionally the EC was installed to protect the rights of slaves. Our entire country has been about freedom

Republicans with a small R (r)? The Confederacy seceded. The American Civil War was fought to keep the Union intact. The Southern Confederacy seceded mainly over the issue of slavery.

If you meant Republicans as a party, you are being less than truthful if you imply the values and principles of today's GOP are those of Lincoln's party.
It is what it is right? Democrats wanted slaves! Republicans said we need to free slaves. Democrats took up arms to defend their property. Republican Lincoln freed them not sure what you missed

jc456

It is what it is right? Democrats wanted slaves! Republicans said we need to free slaves. Democrats took up arms to defend their property. Republican Lincoln freed them not sure what you missed

Southerners wanted slavery kept. Most of the southern states happened to be led by Democratic party of that time.

Your point is not only disingenuous, it is terribly ignorant and missing all nuance of facts.

kaz
I do hope you leftists do take the next few decades of your time and money trying to get 2/3 of Congress, 2/3 of Senate and 3/4 of States to make the change.
Right wingers have called for a national vote too. Grow up.

The electoral college guards against the tyranny of the majority. It's a liberal concept. The fact that those who lose elections whine about it, or that populists in academia and media push a national vote idea, doesn't make it into your whiny, partisan screech

Now that's a bizarre post. You're confused about ... everything. My favorite was how you think the winners are whining that they are winning while the losers who won't get over the election aren't whining

Winners don't whine? The President-elect has boasted about whining. Some of the people who lost are whining. But to you any and all criticism is a whine. You project. You are also lacking in the most basic skills of reading comprehension. example: look at what I wrote about The fact that those who lose elections whine about it

You replied with "My favorite was how you think the...losers who won't get over the election aren't whining"

The electoral college guards against the tyranny of the majority. It's a liberal concept. The fact that those who lose elections whine about it, or that populists in academia and media push a national vote idea, doesn't make it into your whiny, partisan screech

kaz
I do hope you leftists do take the next few decades of your time and money trying to get 2/3 of Congress, 2/3 of Senate and 3/4 of States to make the change.

Now that's a bizarre post. You're confused about ... everything. My favorite was how you think the winners are whining that they are winning while the losers who won't get over the election aren't whining

Winners don't whine? The President-elect has boasted about whining. Some of the people who lost are whining. But to you any and all criticism is a whine. You project. You are also lacking in the most basic skills of reading comprehension. example: look at what I wrote about The fact that those who lose elections whine about it

You replied with "My favorite was how you think the...losers who won't get over the election aren't whining"

They're "whining" that they won? You are an idiot

kaz

Are you trolling or ignorantly unaware of what I wrote "The fact that those who lose elections whine about it..."

kaz

Are you trolling or ignorantly unaware of what I wrote "The fact that those who lose elections whine about it..."

You're completely trolling. OK, winners can whine about other things, but obviously none of the Trump supporters are whining that Trump won. What is it you think you're accomplishing?

jc456

Southerners wanted slavery kept. Most of the southern states happened to be led by Democratic party of that time.

Your point is not only disingenuous, it is terribly ignorant and missing all nuance of facts.
How?

kaz

And we can see how butt hurt whining all you Libs are doing!

kaz

You're completely trolling. OK, winners can whine about other things, but obviously none of the Trump supporters are whining that Trump won. What is it you think you're accomplishing?

Please stop this nonsense. You jumped in here, and this has evolved into some sort of stalking mission for you, Go away. I have no idea what is wrong with you. I don't care either

jc456

How?
It's in there in the above posts.

kaz

Please stop this nonsense. You jumped in here, and this has evolved into some sort of stalking mission for you, Go away. I have no idea what is wrong with you. I don't care either

In a conversation about Trump winning the election in the Electoral College, you are calling the ... Trump supporters ... the whiners. It's retarded. What about that is unclear to you?

And we can see how butt hurt whining all you Libs are doing!
Not whining that Trump won or how he won. Criticism is not whining. Get a dictionary and a thesaurus. Stay offline until you learn what it is you think you are saying

It is whining because when it's not this it's something else. You think you had a God ordained right to win the election. You rejected Trump, it was the country's responsibility to follow your directive. You don't give a shit about the Electoral College, you give a shit that you lost. Liberals are always this flagrantly hypocritical, you don't apply any standard to yourself that you expect Republicans to follow. Basically you expect Republicans to lose or if they accidentally don't lose then to just give up and give you your way.

Hillary is another in a long line of corrupt, lying hack politicians. I didn't vote for Trump, but I vowed to give him a chance, and I will. If I don't feel he's worth supporting, it won't last. But it will at least last until he actually takes office unlike you pathetic leftists who declared him a fraud months before he took office

jc456

How?
It's in there in the above posts.
No it's not. Republicans freed slaves democrats wanted to keep the slaves. I am spot on bubba! History backs me and so do you

No it's not. Republicans freed slaves democrats wanted to keep the slaves. I am spot on bubba! History backs me and so do you
Substitute Democrat for white southerner all you want. You're very poor at being a provocateur. You're merely trolling

Forum List

Back