The Front Porch Swing

Whoa! There for a second I read "...nun riding a surf board...". On second thought that's not too far-feched these days. Especially in the Peoples Republic.

[MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]

Eh bien, voila!!!

The surfing nuns of New Jersey

Nuns to host 15th annual surfing contest in NJ | TopNews

annual-Nun.jpg
But not in a storm drain.........!

This is NJ...there's a difference?

I have to leave for now....going to a dinner, a scholarship awarding dinner honoring an ex-CIA guy....hope the food is good.

seeyalata.jpg

A musical treat for you, a piece of wind symphony music that is truly all-american:

Claude T. Smith: Festival Variations

This is fun to listen to while USMBing!!

This is not the premiere performance. The premiere performance was given by the United States Air Force Band at the 1982 National Band Association Convention, held that hear in St. Louis Missouri, with then Col. Arnald D. Gabriel as commander and conductor. I was at that concert for a number of reasons.

The Tokyo Kosei wind ensemble is a very good ensemble. The difference between a wind ensemble and a symphonic band is that with a symphonic band, you can have many players on a part, whereas in a wind ensemble, every part is a solo part: one player per part. Strenuous.

Just a little something different for you Sunday......

Nice jazz influence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all! I've been awake for awhile since I slept for so many hours during my one day off this weekend. But that's okay! I get Friday and Saturday off next time.

March is here (ystrdy). :party: Not long until spring planting season :dig:

We had quite the storm come thru...Friday nite/Saturday morning it was coming down in buckets and had just one thunder boom...but it sounded like Camp Pendleton was blowing up. It may abate today, but we still need more rain.

I've been to Camp Pendleton. We swung through on a family trip to California a couple of decades ago. :thup:

This video always makes me smile.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09hLxQE5Zuo]Iso In Slow Motion - Bath Time! (music by Ingrid Michaelson) - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back