The Front Porch Swing

Good morning all!!!!

IMG_4703_0921_edited-1.jpg

I made this for my son. I love being his father!
You forgot the grits!

Hoo boy I'm exhausted. Been on the phone with the fire department - slash - sheriff's office all day and the latest is that they should be here in about an hour with ladders and whatever equipment to get Hobbes down from his perch. The guy on the phone says they commonly shoot them with water pellets, which is exactly what I don't want and hope to talk them out of at that height. Soliciting an extension ladder from other sources long enough for the job came up a bit short, literally, but it's a backup if the FD doesn't stop farting around.

And it's going to rain tonight so I'm feeling a deadline. When this is all done Hobbes and I are gonna get some back payments on sleep.

Hoo boy I'm exhausted. Been on the phone with the fire department - slash - sheriff's office all day and the latest is that they should be here in about an hour with ladders and whatever equipment to get Hobbes down from his perch. The guy on the phone says they commonly shoot them with water pellets, which is exactly what I don't want and hope to talk them out of at that height. Soliciting an extension ladder from other sources long enough for the job came up a bit short, literally, but it's a backup if the FD doesn't stop farting around.

And it's going to rain tonight so I'm feeling a deadline. When this is all done Hobbes and I are gonna get some back payments on sleep.

Now would be a good time for transporter technology, what?

"Beam me up, Pogo!"

Good luck with Expedition-Hobbes.

I hope poor Hobbes is brought down safely.....he'll probably be needing some food and water mighty quick.....please keep us informed of his well being....:(

"Beam me up, Pogo!"

At this point I'd settle for 30-foot-tall kitty slip-n-slide. Thanks...

"Beam me up, Pogo!"

I hear ya. Can't even imagine - but last night I was thinking "Well, how would I handle it?" I really don't know, nothing comes to mind. :(

"Beam me up, Pogo!"

I hear ya. Can't even imagine - but last night I was thinking "Well, how would I handle it?" I really don't know, nothing comes to mind. :(

You should see the contraptions I came up with yesterday :lmao:
I think he was wise not to get in them and take his chances another night on the perch. You know those amusement park "saucer" rides with the arms and spinning cars? It would have been like getting in one of them, except all the bolts are loose. :eek:

"Beam me up, Pogo!"

Last edited by a moderator:

You should see the contraptions I came up with yesterday :lmao:
I think he was wise not to get in them and take his chances another night on the perch. You know those amusement park "saucer" rides with the arms and spinning cars? It would have been like getting in one of them, except all the bolts are loose. :eek:

Well, please update when it's past-tense. Here, Coffee Shop, Tavern - just update one. I'll find it. :)

Well -- Hobbes is... in the kitchen and eating :eusa_dance:

Six people from the sheriff's office and fire department showed up and one of them (Charlie) donned climbing equipment and went up the tree and got him. I tried to get him to drink but he wouldn't so his food is saturated with water. He doesn't seem to mind that since his last meal was Thursday morning.

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. It worked out, and just before the rain hit too.

Sigh.

"call the Fire Department" :lol: -- did that on the first day, they said 'leave him be, he'll come down'.

Once I got him on terra firma and opened the door to his carrier I brought him back in, I had to go outside for one of his dishes. So what does he do? Follows me outside. :banghead:

He didn't have enough energy to run away though.

Whoops, he's done eating already, now he's taking residence on my chest...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Happiness abounds!

Hobbes is...

.... in the kitchen and eating :eusa_dance:

Six people from the sheriff's office and fire department showed up and one of them (Charlie) donned climbing equipment and went up the tree and got him. I tried to get him to drink but he wouldn't so his food is saturated with water. He doesn't seem to mind that since his last meal was Thursday morning.

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes. It worked out, and just before the rain hit too.

Sigh.

OK... these are a while ago, not today...

Thought I had some more taken recently, if so not sure where they are.

Forum List

Back