The Front Porch Swing

I was under the impression that the historical aspects were a wash.

No pun intended.

Not at all. Heaven and earth may pass away but black mold, sensual excess, drunk tourists from Ohio, music and political corruption are time-honored traditions that nothing can wash away, not even new Oxydol. :D

Architecture and graveyards.

Cemeteries, not graveyards. And lots of mausoleums. Because ...bodies float. :ack-1:

But the cemeteries are still there and so is the architecture.

I'll be there next week. :)

As a young teen visiting my grandparents for Mardi Gras - I marched in the parade as an icecube. My grandparents tin foiled a huge box and gave me an aluminum icetray for my hat. I actually wore it because they spent alot of time on the box. Couldn't see disappointing them... True story.

oooh - that's cold. :eusa_shifty:

I'd like to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans sometime. It looks like a heck of a party.

What are you speaking on, Drifter?
[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]

I think it's genocide?

I join you in cheering drifter on.

focusing on presenting points in history to petition us the listening audience
for solutions to stopping genocide.

or just an overblown book report and show and tell, using power point to make it look cool
for the attention deficit audience.

tell us a story drifter! show us how sad humanity has messed up in the past
but the wonderful map of what we can learn and work toward for a better future.

sure there are bad guys and bad situations that brought out the worst in humanity,
but point us to a happy ending when we all come together in understanding and peace.

Last edited:

Genocide.

Serious subject. You'll do very well. I've done public speaking before. I can tell you that when you get before your audience you need to focus in on the people who are paying close attention and work off of that. They will give you confirmation that what you are about to deliver is important.

Another thing that works is picturing yourself discussing your topic with someone you feel very comfortable with and imagine you are giving the talk before them. Whoever that is just imagine them being there in the back of the room...

better yet imagine USMB members being there to support you! We're there in spirit!

Genocide.

Serious subject. You'll do very well. I've done public speaking before. I can tell you that when you get before your audience you need to focus in on the people who are paying close attention and work off of that. They will give you confirmation that what you are about to deliver is important.

Another thing that works is picturing yourself discussing your topic with someone you feel very comfortable with and imagine you are giving the talk before them. Whoever that is just imagine them being there in the back of the room...

better yet imagine USMB members being there to support you! We're there in spirit!

I'll imagine you, emily and ropey are there :)

As a young teen visiting my grandparents for Mardi Gras - I marched in the parade as an icecube. My grandparents tin foiled a huge box and gave me an aluminum icetray for my hat. I actually wore it because they spent alot of time on the box. Couldn't see disappointing them... True story.

oooh - that's cold. :eusa_shifty:

True. ......but when the parade began I didn't freeze up! :eusa_angel:

I think it's genocide?

or just an overblown book report and show and tell, using power point to make it look cool

sure there are bad guys and bad situations that brought out the worst in humanity,
but point us to a happy ending when we all come together in understanding and peace.

Thanks Emily, I can;t wait until we meet in person and do some healing work in the world. :smiliehug:

Genocide.

You're going to great! We're sending positive thoughts your way! :smiliehug:

Genocide.

I'll be in the way-back, heckling and making faces :D

images

Love the pictures. I have never been to Rio. I have been to Fantasy Fest.

I'll be in the way-back, heckling and making faces :D

images

:badgrin: You Would !!!

Genocide.

Good luck

I'm going to take your word for it, Wake. Please cancel question on what is Fantasy Fest. I repeat. Please cancel question on Fantasy Fest......

- Jeri

So if BD Boop has a costume party on her Front Porch what would you dress up as?

I would not be wearing my icecube costume. I'll have to think. I cannot even figure out what to put on for an avatar...

I think it's genocide?

Thanks Emily, I can;t wait until we meet in person and do some healing work in the world. :smiliehug:

Yes, it's already happening, works in progress.
everything you share with me, we are solidifying the changes in agreement,
point by point, this solution and that one, agreed!

where our minds connect in unison, it's like a circuit that is lighting up.
look, you already have these fine friends here all in line, in agreement
that all this sadness and disastrous past is pointing to solutions taking shape now.

you are connecting us on positive models that we can learn and replicate from.

just writing out your presentation already put it in an outline.
And now you are speaking it, sharing it with others to solidify that connection.

And yes I am the squirmer on the back row trying to follow the slides
while writing notes all over the handouts cuz this is all good stuff!

go drifter, telling us a story but making it simple for me to understand. Thanks!

Forum List

Back