The Front Porch Swing

So if BD Boop has a costume party on her Front Porch what would you dress up as?

I would not be wearing my icecube costume. I'll have to think. I cannot even figure out what to put on for an avatar...

Since I'll be coming in my PJ's, I can only hope it's warm that day.

Who needs pj's? It' Mardi Gras!!!

I agree! I have never been to a parade like that! Has anyone here been to Rio before?
I've done the one in New Orleans.....it's pretty good but I don't imagine it compares to the one in Rio....

We have Fiesta San Antonio every year in April....lasts 10 days, it's a blast. Starts off with a river parade on Monday. A princess and her entourage is crowned some time before it all starts, beautiful dresses for the Battle of Flowers Parade on Friday afternoon, then on Saturday night they have a Flambeau parade.....all lit up and they have Miss San Antonio and her attendees.....a carnival complete with rides and a a 5 day "Night in Old San Antone" with food booths, Mariachis, all kinds of music and dancing. - there are other activities going on throughout the city, like the Oyster Fest at St Mary's University....

...used to go, not into it anymore....crowds are overwhelming....

Wiki:
"Fiesta San Antonio" (or simply "Fiesta") is an annual spring festival held in San Antonio, Texas, USA with origins dating to the late 19th century. The festival began as a single event to honor the memory of the battles of The Alamo and San Jacinto.
Fiesta is the city's biggest festival, and the city's signature event, with an economic impact of $284 million for the Alamo City. More than three million people take part in Fiesta. They can choose from more than 100 events that take place all over the city and beyond.[1]

th

th
th
th

I agree! I have never been to a parade like that! Has anyone here been to Rio before?
I've done the one in New Orleans.....it's pretty good but I don't imagine it compares to the one in Rio....

We have Fiesta San Antonio every year in April....lasts 10 days, it's a blast. Starts off with a river parade on Monday. A princess and her entourage is crowned some time before it all starts, beautiful dresses for the Battle of Flowers Parade on Friday afternoon, then on Saturday night they have a Flambeau parade.....all lit up and they have Miss San Antonio and her attendees.....a carnival complete with rides and a a 5 day "Night in Old San Antone" with food booths, Mariachis, all kinds of music and dancing. - there are other activities going on throughout the city, like the Oyster Fest at St Mary's University....

...used to go, not into it anymore....crowds are overwhelming....

Wiki:
"Fiesta San Antonio" (or simply "Fiesta") is an annual spring festival held in San Antonio, Texas, USA with origins dating to the late 19th century. The festival began as a single event to honor the memory of the battles of The Alamo and San Jacinto.
Fiesta is the city's biggest festival, and the city's signature event, with an economic impact of $284 million for the Alamo City. More than three million people take part in Fiesta. They can choose from more than 100 events that take place all over the city and beyond.[1]

th

th
th
th

Awesome pics.

For me too, Stat! I have never been to Europe before. It must be quite an experience to be able to drive over borders in a matter of hours. I cannot imagine it. Very diverse landscape over there.

And in Castle Statalicious we serve only the finest of bull.... LOL....

(Oh, dear, I bet they didn't get that joke, but YOU did!!)

Bull! :eusa_angel:

....yes! I got it but my buddy is not going for it! He's a vegetarian!

So if BD Boop has a costume party on her Front Porch what would you dress up as?

I would not be wearing my icecube costume. I'll have to think. I cannot even figure out what to put on for an avatar...

A possum wearing a fishing hat.

Predictable?

You gave it to me, Derideo! I want an avatar of a heart on fire. Just a simple heart shape and flames - sounds like a winner. It won't be too hard to find it now. Thanks! - Jeri

Yes, there are plenty of them out there but finding the right one that suits you is not as easy so I came up with two finalists;

heart-on-fire.jpg

heart_on_fire_by.jpg

I know the second one is not as dramatic but that is the one that I see as being you inside. Yes, your heart is on fire, but in your own special way, you are a light to others!

Forum List

Back