The Front Porch Swing

Mornin, J!

Good mornin' to ya, BD! I woke up in the happiest mood today! This is a terrific way to start the day. Yesterday was alot of fun. Today the sun is out and skies are blue and although its still cold out its a good day to be swingin on your front porch! :eusa_angel:

Life is good.

The swing is heated. :thup:

I'm so tired! Trying to stay up so I can call colleague resources about how badly they screwed up my pay at month-end.

I'm sorry to hear this, BD. My sons company switched to pay every two weeks and just kind of sprung it on him. He was very upset about it. The owner sold to another owner and the new one has different ideas on payroll. Sometimes these big companies do not think!

I remember years ago needing my pay from a wallpaper job at a clients house and the lady wanted to pay me with her company check. (she owned the company ) I told her this isn't a company job - I cannot write it up as if it is - she said then send me a bill and I'll pay you at the end of the month. I told her the jobs finished I need my pay, I have a child, I have bills. What she said next stunned me! She said, I didn't realize you were living paycheck to paycheck... ?

Why she said that I have no idea. She was very wealthy but wanted to write off the job on her taxes. I'd rather be poor and honest than a rich thief. I should have told her that but I needed my money and figured she what does she care about the truth? It won't make a difference.

That was over 20 yrs ago but I still think it made no sense. Not a drop.

I've already been on hold for over ten minutes. Roughly four times a minute they try to get me to either leave a voice message or send an email. I'm not willing to do that, since I would be going to bed and not available to talk when they are ready to anyway. :(

I'm hoping they can cut me a check and mail it immediately, which would get to me a week before they'd tack it on the next paycheck.

Good mornin' to ya, BD! I woke up in the happiest mood today! This is a terrific way to start the day. Yesterday was alot of fun. Today the sun is out and skies are blue and although its still cold out its a good day to be swingin on your front porch! :eusa_angel:

Life is good.

The swing is heated. :thup:

I'm so tired! Trying to stay up so I can call colleague resources about how badly they screwed up my pay at month-end.

I'm sorry to hear this, BD. My sons company switched to pay every two weeks and just kind of sprung it on him. He was very upset about it. The owner sold to another owner and the new one has different ideas on payroll. Sometimes these big companies do not think!

I remember years ago needing my pay from a wallpaper job at a clients house and the lady wanted to pay me with her company check. (she owned the company ) I told her this isn't a company job - I cannot write it up as if it is - she said then send me a bill and I'll pay you at the end of the month. I told her the jobs finished I need my pay, I have a child, I have bills. What she said next stunned me! She said, I didn't realize you were living paycheck to paycheck... ?

Why she said that I have no idea. She was very wealthy but wanted to write off the job on her taxes. I'd rather be poor and honest than a rich thief. I should have told her that but I needed my money and figured she what does she care about the truth? It won't make a difference.

That was over 20 yrs ago but I still think it made no sense. Not a drop.

So how did you end up getting paid, and when?

I want to thank BD Boop for spending almost an hour trying to help me put the avatar on! I am tech challenged! ( seriously! ) This is a beautiful avatar and I appreciate your help, BD, and Derideo for finding it and everyone for a fun day! No cigar for the fishing possum avatar, Pogo. You're outta luck!

Have a wonderful night you guys! Thanks again. - Jeri

Great job....and it is a beautiful avi.....:smiliehug:

Okay. All that time - and no joy. Turns out I didn't even need to stay up to call, once the pay is extracted it won't be on the next check, but the one after.

Wish my TL would have known that before sending me on a wild goose chase.

Nite, all.

good-morning-106-17.gif
{s} that should be Friends......and now I'm off....I have to drink my morning coffee, do a few chores, then off to lunch with friends....See ya all later....:)

Morning to you, Drifter.. or good afternoon! How did your talk go? Tell us everything!

I have no idea, I can't read my Professor well.

The girls I sit with clapped at the end and they haven't clapped for anyone else's presentation, but I wasn't sure if they clapped because I'm in there favor or because my presentation was good:lol:

Morning to you, Drifter.. or good afternoon! How did your talk go? Tell us everything!

I have no idea, I can't read my Professor well.

The girls I sit with clapped at the end and they haven't clapped for anyone else's presentation, but I wasn't sure if they clapped because I'm in there favor or because my presentation was good:lol:

I would go with because your presentation was good. :beer:

Forum List

Back