The Front Porch Swing

Hey, y'all. I am just hanging out on my front porch, ready to share some sweet tea and muffins with the neighbors.

porch_zps3d427dfe.jpg~original

I want to share with others what I have already told you. That picture would make a beautiful puzzle.

Thanks again.

Hey, y'all. I am just hanging out on my front porch, ready to share some sweet tea and muffins with the neighbors.

porch_zps3d427dfe.jpg~original

I want to share with others what I have already told you. That picture would make a beautiful puzzle.

Thanks again.

Y'know? Thank you. I needed to see that picture again. :)

I think I'll do what Gracie does, and go wander Pinterest for a bit.

Oh, my word - this mom can DANCE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COVbru7H7YQ]The Most Amazing Mother Son Wedding Dance EVER!!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

The swing is heated. :thup:

I'm so tired! Trying to stay up so I can call colleague resources about how badly they screwed up my pay at month-end.

I'm sorry to hear this, BD. My sons company switched to pay every two weeks and just kind of sprung it on him. He was very upset about it. The owner sold to another owner and the new one has different ideas on payroll. Sometimes these big companies do not think!

I remember years ago needing my pay from a wallpaper job at a clients house and the lady wanted to pay me with her company check. (she owned the company ) I told her this isn't a company job - I cannot write it up as if it is - she said then send me a bill and I'll pay you at the end of the month. I told her the jobs finished I need my pay, I have a child, I have bills. What she said next stunned me! She said, I didn't realize you were living paycheck to paycheck... ?

Why she said that I have no idea. She was very wealthy but wanted to write off the job on her taxes. I'd rather be poor and honest than a rich thief. I should have told her that but I needed my money and figured she what does she care about the truth? It won't make a difference.

That was over 20 yrs ago but I still think it made no sense. Not a drop.

So how did you end up getting paid, and when?

I contacted her husband and he told me to meet him at their house later in the day and he'd give me a check. He was a very nice man and ordered their wallpaper from the store that referred me for the job. His taste was impeccable. ( for decorating )

Thank you, BD!

I didn't know it was your birthday....it's not listed on your profile.. Anyway, I do want to wish you a
Happy+birthday+orkut+scraps+images.jpg

Yes, my profile is next, Mertex. I just got the avatar. I'm moving a bit slow here. Thanks for the birthday wish. My birthday is actually the 7th. I hope it is nice outside tomorrow. I am going to get out and do something. - Jeri

Forum List

Back