The Front Porch Swing

Thank you, BD!

I didn't know it was your birthday....it's not listed on your profile.. Anyway, I do want to wish you a
Happy+birthday+orkut+scraps+images.jpg

Yes, my profile is next, Mertex. I just got the avatar. I'm moving a bit slow here. Thanks for the birthday wish. My birthday is actually the 7th. I hope it is nice outside tomorrow. I am going to get out and do something. - Jeri

Happy Birthday!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iP9mCM0ZyM]Minions Cantan Happy Birthday - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't know it was your birthday....it's not listed on your profile.. Anyway, I do want to wish you a
Happy+birthday+orkut+scraps+images.jpg

Yes, my profile is next, Mertex. I just got the avatar. I'm moving a bit slow here. Thanks for the birthday wish. My birthday is actually the 7th. I hope it is nice outside tomorrow. I am going to get out and do something. - Jeri

Happy Birthday!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iP9mCM0ZyM]Minions Cantan Happy Birthday - YouTube[/ame]

Love it!

My favorite minion moment:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHh-SJC9L0c]minion dave - what does the fox say - YouTube[/ame]

Today's musical tidbit, and it's a cool one, to say the least:

most may not be aware, but in WWII, prior to our entry into the war, as a "hidden" part of the Lend-Lease Act, a large squadron of US-American fighter pilots flew for, fought bravely for, and many of them died for the Royal Air Force (RAF). The were incorporated into three separate British Squadrons. Those Americans wore British uniforms and flew sorties through 1940-1941 under the British Flag. Those who were shot down and captured (I believe it was a small number) identified themselves as British subjects. Those Americans were called "The Eagle Squadron". They were volunteers.

In commemoration of their valiant deeds, British composer Henry Alford composed a march called

"The Eagle Squadron"

Here is the march:

You will notice our National Anthem embedded into the march, first as a solo-snippet for Euphonium, then later, for the Horn section.

Great march!

I had the great honor of playing this march in the Ohio All-Honors Band of 1981, under the direction of then-Commander-and-Conductor of the United States Air-Force Band and Singing Sergeants: Arnald D. Gabriel. That was an incredible experience playing under that man, and when he explained the meaning of that march to us High School students, you should have see the reaction of awe and humility that went though the room. I don't think I ever saw a band rehearsal that concentrated in my life as that one one, up in Mentor, OH, in the middle of a bitterly cold winter.

The march is only a little more than 3 minutes, but worth three minutes of your life.

And that is one helluva music tidbit, what??

Y'all have a great day!

-Stat

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday Jeri!

I got a good six inches of snow overnight which now continues as rain as the temp creeps up so it's putting a nice frosting on everything. Weighing down wires and trees too, I thought I just saw a flash of light outside so I may have lost power. This is so cool.

Happy Birthday Jeri!

I got a good six inches of snow overnight which now continues as rain as the temp creeps up so it's putting a nice frosting on everything. Weighing down wires and trees too, I thought I just saw a flash of light outside so I may have lost power. This is so cool.

Congratulations! We're in the mid-30's, which means half of us are in shock due to the sudden change from sub-zero.

The other half are out jogging in shorts and a t-shirt.

Forum List

Back